• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suppressing the pet training popup spam at 100%?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone know if this has been run by or discussed with Devs, is there a way to suppress it that I have overlooked?

I, like many other I'm sure, have an increasing number of pets that are waiting for scrolls to complete the pet but use the pets on an almost daily basis. Even at 100% training they are continually spammed with the 'greatly increased' prompts and the constant popup of the training status box.

At the moment I am just putting the box in a corner of the screen so I don't have to repeatedly close it, but the blue spam text can be very annoying especially when it overwrites more important combat text like for example, Virtuebanes 'Pile of Ash' warning and can on occasion make dragging bars off an irritation.

Is it just me getting irritated by it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Push the red diamond and it goes away. :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Anyone know if this has been run by or discussed with Devs, is there a way to suppress it that I have overlooked?

I, like many other I'm sure, have an increasing number of pets that are waiting for scrolls to complete the pet but use the pets on an almost daily basis. Even at 100% training they are continually spammed with the 'greatly increased' prompts and the constant popup of the training status box.

At the moment I am just putting the box in a corner of the screen so I don't have to repeatedly close it, but the blue spam text can be very annoying especially when it overwrites more important combat text like for example, Virtuebanes 'Pile of Ash' warning and can on occasion make dragging bars off an irritation.

Is it just me getting irritated by it?
The truth is it cannot be suppressed. Just move the box where it does not bother you. Then when you finish all the points, it will not be there anymore. And never press the red diamond..lol

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Suspected I'd see that reply!

The box is fine to deal with, the blue spam text is what really gets annoying after a while. Like many things in UO, it just seems like lazy programming, I mean...

If 'Pet Training' => 100
{
'Don't open box'
'Don't spam Player!'
}

I'm no programmer but this don't seem like rocket science. :p

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, you just have to live with it. It'll go away when you complete the training

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Now that had never even crossed my mind and is a thing of beauty! Finally I have a use for the ignore list :D Cheers!
You mean you enjoy the ATL gc spam? Its not always bad but some samples Like:

**Ill rub yo face in it mofo**
**Lol dude I pawned yo *ss**
**We are L88T dude**
**I had 4 of you on one o'me, and I had yo a**es running all over, and youall died**

And other similar beauties like that? Those are adults talking by the way!
Ignore and just shut off gc is precious sometimes, unless you want to have some fun and listen to that bologna above, lol:)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You mean you enjoy the ATL gc spam?
Fortunately I don't play on Atlantic and as for Global Chat systems (goes for all games) I hate them and where possible always have them switched off. GC systems are a curse to all MMOs in my opinion. :(

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Fortunately I don't play on Atlantic and as for Global Chat systems (goes for all games) I hate them and where possible always have them switched off. GC systems are a curse to all MMOs in my opinion. :(
Actually, its a little entertaining at times. Also useful to switch on if you are selling stuff like a new pet to sell, items to sell etc..When it gets really vile, then I switch off gc..lol