• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Super PET, Bug or Exploit?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
today i was at gregorio and i see a SUPER TURTLE!
Here the stats with 120 PS on it too:

Here is wat i ask to the owner:

Red - its me
Black - is the owner

is this a legal pet or what, sorry but i never seen one like this and i know you cant apply ps on turtle!

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If the owner was a bard and had bard masteries running and tasty treat going it can boost stats pretty well. Not sure if it will boost to that Str though

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont think. He say that this pet happen when there was a bug....this pet cant have 120 PS on and cant have chivalry!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Exploit from being released and retamed is my guess.

I know at one point you could pop a 4 slot Turtle (may still be able to, I dunno have not hatched one in a long time) but the one in the picture had to be exploited to go down to a 3 slot imo. Wish you had snagged all the lore screens.

Nicnivin

Visitor
The first page of that Dragon Turtle Hatchling shows the stats of a wild specimen.
There are 4 slot Turtles and they can be trained, even Chiv would be possible, but not with an intensity like that Ninja Turtle.

Here is an example of a 4 slot, trained up to 5 slots, with some general stats enhancements. No abilities changed, no scrolls given.
Jenny-Stats.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There were some that had 2000 str and HP from exploiting. Those got reverted.

They still suck so this is not an issue. IMO
Damage formulas max out around 700 strength anyway.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i dont think. He say that this pet happen when there was a bug....this pet cant have 120 PS on and cant have chivalry!
When it was exploited it dropped a slot so it can have 1500 points of added abilities.

These pets were made years ago. Notice how few players use them because they found that they can make un exploited ones that work just as well.

These do 100% physical damage. This is the same as an unmountable Lesser Hiryu that doesn't have grasping claw.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont think lesser hiryu's can have 120 chiv and 1500HP not to mention the 123 westle and near 120 in everything else.
while i agree a turtle isnt the most desirable of pet, but depending on the resists that one has that is double the best one ive ever seen.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i dont think lesser hiryu's can have 120 chiv and 1500HP not to mention the 123 westle and near 120 in everything else.
while i agree a turtle isnt the most desirable of pet, but depending on the resists that one has that is double the best one ive ever seen.
Your pet should never be below 75% HP. Tamers who know what they are doing can play with 400HP on a pet.

A lesser Hiryu can easily have all the bells and whistles and have 800 HP.

This lesser has FWW and Ninja. It would cost the same points as AI/chiv.

1613172162939.png

Lessers build great! Pets that do 100% physical damage are good for just a few encounters. Dreadhorn is one.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Your pet should never be below 75% HP. Tamers who know what they are doing can play with 400HP on a pet.
Umm... just no.

Doing that they are not even trying to solo the high end content.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
do you really think they got all the pets that were exploited? no
quite afew other pets like that too. they are kept out of site/sight lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Very true. I mean I still know of one 'Medusa exploited' dragons...

but they supposedly reverted all those back to their original hues :rolleyes:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Or learn how to solo things and you can do it also.
There ain't much in the game I can't solo... and at times the health does indeed drop below 75%.. gotta survive the huge mana dump on some things out there. Once that is over things get easier.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There ain't much in the game I can't solo... and at times the health does indeed drop below 75%.. gotta survive the huge mana dump on some things out there. Once that is over things get easier.
Exactly you don't need more than 800 HP on a pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how did we go from me saying lesser hiryu's cant get 1500HP to you saying your pet should never drop below 75% HP?
did someone forget to take their Ritalin today hmmmmmmm?
I'm saying pets do not need a lot of HP. Most of the time a pet is above 75%.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not for pets. Shadow Wyrms can spawn with up to 1,030 STR, and definitely benefit from it. Dragon Wolfs have up to 915 STR. Dragons and Stygian Drakes up to 825 STR. WWs have up to 760 STR (a couple Gen 1s have above that).

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no and it's the first time I've seen an exploited pet, I play legally, sorry!
I don't understand why you laugh, do you have any in the stable?
good for you, obviously you are not as good as others at fighting

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were some that had 2000 str and HP from exploiting. Those got reverted.

They still suck so this is not an issue. IMO
ok they suck
but even if they suck dont mean they'd be in game, and just because they are exploited they should be reverted , imo

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
today i was at gregorio and i see a SUPER TURTLE!
Here the stats with 120 PS on it too:

Here is wat i ask to the owner:

Red - its me
Black - is the owner

is this a legal pet or what, sorry but i never seen one like this and i know you cant apply ps on turtle!
Legal NO.
"Engineered?" YES.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. I can shed some light on this.. This was a side effect... a few years back when the revert code was going on there was a bug that a few players triggered by mistake.. if you had a high value 4 slot turtle that you had worked to 5 slot then The system would revert it... but here's the kicker.. it would keep any spell changes made, power scrolls, skill caps and would get random resistances...Here where the fun part kicks in..normally pets stats are halved when ya tam them..but these skip that step as the pet is already tam.. so they keep their wild stats.( sadly they also would start as 5 slot with no regens) The key way to know its not an exploited pet is that the int matches its mana pool.. its more of a side effect pet of the old revert code.. and was caused by programmer error then anything a player attempted to cause.. I mapped out and reported this bug back when it was happening..They fixed the cause of this but from time to time ya see a few of them in game lingering...We named it the Recoil bug... hope this helps.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no and it's the first time I've seen an exploited pet, I play legally, sorry!
I don't understand why you laugh, do you have any in the stable?
good for you, obviously you are not as good as others at fighting
i say, "do you really think they got all the exploited pets" and that "there are other types of exploited pets out there." then you accuse me of having pets in stables. are you nuts? i put lol because the devs do not always fix things right. now for another lol. i too play legallyl

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good evening all.. I can shed some light on this.. This was a side effect... a few years back when the revert code was going on there was a bug that a few players triggered by mistake.. if you had a high value 4 slot turtle that you had worked to 5 slot then The system would revert it... but here's the kicker.. it would keep any spell changes made, power scrolls, skill caps and would get random resistances...Here where the fun part kicks in..normally pets stats are halved when ya tam them..but these skip that step as the pet is already tam.. so they keep their wild stats.( sadly they also would start as 5 slot with no regens) The key way to know its not an exploited pet is that the int matches its mana pool.. its more of a side effect pet of the old revert code.. and was caused by programmer error then anything a player attempted to cause.. I mapped out and reported this bug back when it was happening..They fixed the cause of this but from time to time ya see a few of them in game lingering...We named it the Recoil bug... hope this helps.. =^-^=
Ty clears a lot up. I still believe @Pawain they are not any better. So just seems to be one those collector pets like poly WW's.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legal NO = not allowed =
i say, "do you really think they got all the exploited pets" and that "there are other types of exploited pets out there." then you accuse me of having pets in stables. are you nuts? i put lol because the devs do not always fix things right. now for another lol. i too play legallyl
sorry but I didn't understand, my bad :wall:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oops you did not cover up the owners name very well. :) Ya I play with his pets often. They die just as much as mine do and do no more damage than mine. He did have his 2000 HP greater dragon nerfed as he said.

I saw his toon on Atl the other day. Guess he got bored trying to use VS so he went to skill pets.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A post was removed. Please do not use real world related personal attacks against other posters. Thanks.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only way that dragon turtle would have reverted was if it was exploited to begin with. Because a normal 4 slot dragon turtle, when trained would be under intensity cap. In fact a nonexploited 4 slot would fall between 7640 intensity and 8650 intensity WHEN trained, which is well under the revert intensity cap. Pure and simple, it was exploited to begin with. Because it may have encountered another bug does not dismiss that initial fact it was/is an exploited pet.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

SELECT * FROM tabPets WHERE exploited = true