• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Super Dragons?????

B

BnC 763

Ok i tamed one of them it had 1300 str and change after i tamed it it dropped to 650 str and its not as good as the one i had befor. With this i need to walk and with the dragon i had befor i took a mare and my 1st dragon was stronger. Is this the way the new dragons are going to be ? I never did like the loss of str. after the tame . Just because we tame it it cant be that good?

G

That one is pretty weak. They go up to 2,000 hit points before taming.

I

imported_Sarphus

1300 is high for str... hp goes up to 2000 (1000 after taming)

E

eolsunder1

The only trouble is now they are only good for taming. I experimented and hunted these new "super" dragons, and yep, they are tough. They teleport the more they are damaged, which means if your a archer/mage trying to stay out of reach, you are in for a suprise, for the more you hurt it, the more it teleports on top of you and bites your head off.

Plus they have the same loot, and take 20x as long to kill now. Not worth hunting. Only worth taming. NOT WORTH HUNTING! Hear that? They are just irritating tanks in a area where people used to hunt dragons at.

Could they have simply made them 2x as strong. Sure, but nooo. They take a zillion years now. Wth the same loot. NOT WORTH HUNTING!.

I went down to Ancient wyrms because I heard they were tougher. Yep. Same as the super dragons. They teleport the lower their hps, which means when they are close to dead, they will just pop up on you killing you fast. Sorry mages and archers, you don't get to stay out of range anymore. And like the super dragons.. Ancient wyrms.. not worth hunting.

So, super dragons are just new tamer pets and "blockers" for dragon spawns, while ancient wyrms are just making level 6 maps a pain. Again.

N.o.t w.o.r.t.h. h.u.n.t.i.n.g. Guess I'll put my slayer bow away and hunting something worthwhile.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> seems I misunderstood this from the get-go... thought there would be a mix of dragons, some of the old and some of the supers.... that's not right? they're all nasty now?

pfft
</font>

G

Ummm, lootwise I think you may be wrong. More than 1 person reported 12 gems and 1800 gold. Now the hides? Different matter - I think they're same.

G

I saw nothing but supers on LA/Tram Destard. Of course it was kinda hard to be accurate when in a world of gray all the time. Never once saw a drake or wyvern either.

G

There is a big range in the stats/skills/resists on these critters. For example, just three of the 10 or so I tamed on Europa today:-

Don't forget, often magical tameables will bless themselves at some point while we are taming them and this can make the critter appear as though it's a little more uber than it actually is.

I've just spent some time training up Val, who is now at 970hp/119dex and her skills started/ended looking like this:-

Wrestling 87.9 to 98.3
Tactics 97.6 to 101.2 (yes gained past GM)
Resist 89.1 to 89.2 (wasn't training resist)
Anatomy 9.4 to 74.1
Magery 112.0 to 112.0 (on TC1 this never gained)
Eval 51.7 to 76.4
Medi 44.9 to 96.3

Having pvmed and pvped on TC1 with these critters, yes, they are plenty powerful once trained. In full 70's resist suit with 110 magic resist skill, fire breath from a full strength 900+ super dragon does a good 50-60hp damage. Since firebreath damage includes hp in its calculation, reducing the health of the dragon basically means less firebreath damage.

When it's not breathing on you, and if you're slow enough to allow it to catch you, it will use it's bleed special attack on you as well as 100% phys melee damage, too.

Fun critters, both fun to tame &amp; fun to run with albeit on foot, and powerful ones, too. They just have their own set of checks &amp; balances which are very different from that of the non-super dragons. You can't really compare super dragon to normal dragon anymore than you can compare reptalons to normal dragons. They are just different and have their own strengths &amp; weaknesses.

Blyme - my 3000th post.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ummm, lootwise I think you may be wrong. More than 1 person reported 12 gems and 1800 gold. Now the hides? Different matter - I think they're same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think there were 16 gems if I remember right. So that was nice.
But i was a little disappointed at the hides. On the ones I killed I only got got normal hides. 30 of them...

E

eolsunder1

Well loot is a little more, but not much. About 2x the gold and gems. I think before you got about 1k gold and 4 gems from a dragon? Now you get 1.7k gold and more gems.

The ancient wyrm had 2k gold and some stuff.

Still worthless to hunt. Again, I like the Dev team, but like most times when they go to change stuff they don't just change things a little, they run all the way to the opposite side of the spectrum.

Dragons need to be tougher? Lets raise their hp's and resists a tad. Not our Dev team. Lets make them 20x as tough! Lets make them eat you in a second. Let them heal faster, teleport more..

Again, all they are good for now is whipping out your tamer to tame one to have your uber dragon in the stable. And don't get me started about the super dragons at the dragon champ spawn. Talk about risk vs reward. Theres none there now....

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

Plus they have the same loot, and take 20x as long to kill now. Not worth hunting. Only worth taming. NOT WORTH HUNTING! Hear that? They are just irritating tanks in a area where people used to hunt dragons at.

Could they have simply made them 2x as strong. Sure, but nooo. They take a zillion years now. Wth the same loot. NOT WORTH HUNTING!.

N.o.t w.o.r.t.h. h.u.n.t.i.n.g. Guess I'll put my slayer bow away and hunting something worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere that the hides are bugged and should be barbed, so maybe the loot is bugged as well. The problem with hides will be fixed in an upcoming publish, perhaps the loot will be fixed as well. Time will tell.

B

BnC 763

Don't forget, often magical tameables will bless themselves at some point while we are taming them and this can make the critter appear as though it's a little more uber than it actually is.

ty for the info i forgot that lol

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Blyme - my 3000th post.

[/ QUOTE ]

*points*

Oooh look! Someone with WAY too much time on their hands!!!

B

Babble

Developers still should check out Ilshenar paragon super dragons.
9000 HP is a bit much .....