• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Super dragon ID

W

Wolfthistle

Hi All,

You can tell them apart with a paladin. Cast EoO and hit a lesser or a greater... it doesn't work against both so if you EoO a greater, only greaters will colour orange to you. We discovered this due to my crayon eating friend Lord Pug.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.

G

Another way to tell is if it hits you with its breath weapon, and your still alive,
it's the lesser type.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi All,

You can tell them apart with a paladin. Cast EoO and hit a lesser or a greater... it doesn't work against both so if you EoO a greater, only greaters will colour orange to you. We discovered this due to my crayon eating friend Lord Pug.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a tamer, my poor WW died three times this morning trying to beat up a SUPER, no clue it was a super till I saw the damage my pet was taking and I lore the SUPER. It took two tamers vetting my WW to beat this one SUPER. And when the other tamer left to get her dog, another SUPER spawned on top of me, [I lored it] and I ran out of Destard and stable my pet till my wife can come hunt with me there on her tamer.

I got few questions regarding this beast, first off cannot peace it, why? 2nd, why does it have normal leather and not barb? 3rd, why is it not named like those beasts we see in the lost lands to ID it as a SUPER, Greater Mongbat, etc ? I earn my insurance cash hunting barb leather and I can tell you now barb just went up 100% on my vendors because of this SUPER.

G

They mentioned that barbed/normal leather bug and said it would be fixed in the next patch..... Secondly the beast can be peaced.... just takes a WHOLE lot of peacing and attempts... I'm 115 peacing/music and takes me some 15 tries to peace one. But I can peace it (using a reptile flute)... so hope that helps

G

<blockquote><hr>

They mentioned that barbed/normal leather bug and said it would be fixed in the next patch..... Secondly the beast can be peaced.... just takes a WHOLE lot of peacing and attempts... I'm 115 peacing/music and takes me some 15 tries to peace one. But I can peace it (using a reptile flute)... so hope that helps

[/ QUOTE ]well I can forget trying to peace it then, our highest peacer is 110 only. Others have lead tame after beating it up and dieing to it several times

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legendary (stealth) tamer with Herding picked the dragon of his choice, got a mage for ressing in standby and started to die on taming attempts. 5 death later the beast followed him to the stable, only to get the nice message "You have to many pets in your stable". (This was caused by soulstoning Vet for Herding.)
But I guess it is now really high time to get a mechanism which allows us to swap pets from stable and from outside.
*Salute*
Olahorand

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

As a tamer, my poor WW died three times this morning trying to beat up a SUPER, no clue it was a super till I saw the damage my pet was taking and I lore the SUPER. It took two tamers vetting my WW to beat this one SUPER. And when the other tamer left to get her dog, another SUPER spawned on top of me, [I lored it] and I ran out of Destard and stable my pet till my wife can come hunt with me there on her tamer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into a super in ilsh today. My pup died 3 times during the battle but we finally killed the super beast. Then another spawned right beside us. Once I saw that it was also a super I decided it was time to leave. My poor pup doesn't need that many deaths and I had a terrible fear of a paragon one popping up. *shudders*

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

area peacing them works best.

B

Babble

I noticed that when my hiryu could not make a dent into it
:p

They have 9000 hp as paragons

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Legendary (stealth) tamer with Herding picked the dragon of his choice, got a mage for ressing in standby and started to die on taming attempts. 5 death later the beast followed him to the stable, only to get the nice message "You have to many pets in your stable". (This was caused by soulstoning Vet for Herding.)
But I guess it is now really high time to get a mechanism which allows us to swap pets from stable and from outside.
*Salute*
Olahorand

[/ QUOTE ]

nahhh ... Next Time ...make sure your have the space BEFORE you catch'em

Besides ... shouldn't a freshly tamed ..(unbonded) .. new pet ...
be fighting for position ... in the stables ?

you know ... finding its place in the dominance ladder?

Easily explained by the "low rent" paid ... used to be 30gp a day.. iirc ...
NOW? 30gp for every checkin ... and the master DOES say ... its 30gp per real week ..
... Geez ...even at 30gp per week ...
MOST of my characters would have noticed that "drain" ...
just saying ... none have (first trip for any of them is usually for bank balance) ...
Are the stable masters even getting that little pittiance ?

Dang! I think we need some one to inspect the stable opperation ...

BEFORE theres some real overcrowding issues/consequences ...
makes me shudder to consider ...freshly trained super dragon ... squoozed inbetween two pink bunnies ...

That can't be healthy on the long haul ..

o m g !! what if a fire breaks out ?????

!!!!!!

D

Dracon of TMCE

What are the HP on the super dragons to start off with and whats the best protection from their attack

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Health between 1000 and 2000 HP. Best defence..... stay away from them!

But Legendary Discord and Legendary peace and taking half his life down to tame seems the best way. And some luck not to angre it too much when taming.