• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Super-Dooper, Final Official POLL: (This one's for the money)

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

(yay!)

Here it is, folks...the race has been narrowed down to the top five contenders from the preliminary poll. The winner of this determining poll will go on to grace our Shard Forum description, as representing the most popularly prevailing sentiment of our community here.

So without further ado...*drumroll*...have fun! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

D

Dor of Sonoma

...the fourth entry should read:

Sonoma: The best-kept secret in UO....buuuut I cannot edit a Poll, so just try to imagine it that way in yer head. :)

C

Cromagus

I agree Vixen. Out of five choices four were "look at our low population" type of thing. No way am I gonna vote for one of those. That left only one choice for me and I didn't like it.

:-(

G

If you don't vote then you don't get pancakes rights when the rest of us select one.

;-PPPP

G

I agree.. all those choices reek of l33tness to me.

Bah, what am I saying? The whole shard reeks of l33tness..

*has become extremely bitter*

E

Elrond

I like "I got yer roleplaying right here, buddy!", but I voted on this one =)

G

Oooooo this is a close poll ... I wonder what happens if it's a tie? hehehe /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

H

*hic*

I like what Jacopo said at the Y last night......

"you can check out, but you can never leave"

or something along that line.....I vote for it

I

imported_Maelwyn

Of course they are all leet !

What would you expect?

Sonoma, where everyone sucks?

Sonoma, home of the worst PvPers in UO?

Come on. It's like a school motto. Get with the whole thing.

OUR SHARDS THE BEST, DAMNIT !!

Why do you think we play here in the first place?

Let's get with the program here. Sonoma is THE best shard around.

L

Lady Vixen

I voted on one that NOT on this list from the other poll before this, I do not like the ones here , so I not voting on any of them Pepper:) But I do have pancakes rights as well, since I did vote on one that is not listed here, I voted for the one saying HOME of the YMCA or something like that. I do not like the LOW Pop. ones as that will only bring more player to Sonoma hoping to fine a place when there is none here since we seem to have just as many HOMES as the other shards do

L

Lady Vixen

Official Sonoma Shard Forum Motto (Total Votes: 54)
More than just a great place to die
6 (11%)

Someone else is here too?! OMG!!
3 (05%)

Least-played shard since 1997 and damned proud of it
5 (09%)

Sonoma: Best-kept secret in UO
18 (33%)

Sonoma: 217 people can't be wrong!
22 (40%)

I'm sorry I do not like any of the one above. There were many others that were a whole lot better then this

G

<blockquote><hr>

There were many others that were a whole lot better then this

<hr></blockquote>

In your opinion /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I happen to think that these ones are very cute and really do personify Sonoma. It's something that has been said a lot in the past, how Sonoma is so quiet and few people play here, so it seems only natural that we have a motto that reflects what people have been saying all along.

Remember that Dor did take the top 5 votegetters from the previous poll - that means that these 5 were the ones that the majority of the people liked!

I'm sorry you don't like any of them, but obviously others do.

L

Lord Delekhan

Well I looked at the original list and I remembered Joram's one he told me
"Home of the YMCA but thankfully not the Village People"
that is uber r337

L

Lady Vixen

true

and I hope they happy with the final one they get, to me our old was far better then these 5. I rather be know as that west coast shard then one if these 5, but it seems that "Sonoma: 217 people can't be wrong!" will be the winning here as it seems to have the most votes, the 24 that voted for it will be happy to see that.

D

Dor of Sonoma

After four posts on the subject (in a single thread, yet!) I do believe we are all assured of the fact that you do not like the results of the week-long preliminary Poll, and that you will not be voting for any entry as a result.

May we move along to something else now? Thanks! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

These WERE the Top 5 in the previous poll ... you can't fault it on it's democratic basis hehe.

N

Nod of Fire

ah, the pancakes and whining...

don't we love them?!?!?

I like the choices and have voted along with the others that like the chioces presented to us...

W

Wisty

I like "Best-kept secret in UO" because: 1) I live in Sonoma and happen to like it very much -- including the comparatively lesser lag; 2) I would rather something positive about it (even in a jocular-negative way) so that it might encourage more people to play (especially if it needs more players). Though the others are very funny. I'm looking forward to seeing which one wins.

E

eXcalibur

*grabs Mael and pulls him aside* now listen here.... you keep spreading the good word and we will be over-run with even more 1337 dudes and uBbEr KeWl DoOdS

N

Narthilion

Come on, isnt Sonoma the best kept secret in UO! I like Best Kept Secret because thats what Sonoma really is, 217 people cant be wrong, is only going to make people make more fun about our shard, I have been to chats in other sites and people just laughed at me saying that this is the least populated shard in the game. Best-Kept secret wont get more people its just a shard motto, but it sounds way better to me...

As always,

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh another person that really lives in sonoma county! That brings it up to what 3 people thata cctauly live in sonoma county?

Dor, myself, and Wistaria.

Gotta love 2 ping *smiles*

I

imported_Maelwyn

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think that the Sonoma Server is actually located in Sonoma County, is it?

T

Towenaar

OF COURSE IT IS!! don't ruin the fantasy. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

It IS in Sonoma county. It's a special set of servers sitting in the bed of 1997 Sonoma truck, modified by a pharcide wanabe to look l33t.

There it lays connected in a barn next to a moonshine still that produces Sonoma Specials. : )

All in Sonoma county.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is...

otherwise why would OSi tell you to sign up near the closet server near your area when you sign up?

And why do I ping 2? Thats like wow... 2 ping like wow man, wow...

So umm Yea i think its exactly where towenaar said it was, honest! right dor? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/evileye.gif

N

Narthilion

Best-Kept secret in UO, only one vote away from 217 people cant be wrong! Come on! We can do it!!!!