• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sunday, January 27th, 5 pm (cst) Labyrinth

R

RestlessLA

has the labyrinth spawn been done on LA? to my knowledge it hasnt, and regardless, i know i havent done it. so at 5 pm on this coming sunday i will be going into the labyrinth, all the way to the last building, and slaughtering the hell out of every minotaur in sight until Meraktus and her tormented minotaurs spawn just to get their asses handed to them
everyone is welcome to grab their bovine slayer talis (and/or butchers war cleavers if u choose) and head on in there with me

I

imported_tek

I soloed it twice last night in a kilt with only a pointy stick, its pretty easy

M

MuseDeDannan

<blockquote><hr>

I soloed it twice last night in a kilt with only a pointy stick, its pretty easy

[/ QUOTE ]

Tek hunny you should be more careful with that "pointy stick" if that's what you're calling it these days. Didn't your mommy teach you to wear undies with a kilt? Oh yeah, and stop playing with your food!

R

RestlessLA

i have had people show an interest in wanting to follow this spawn up with the twisted weald spawn... so we may have a 2-fer on sunday
weald spawn is a pain though... calling all bards hehe

M

MuseDeDannan

any barding skill in particular or will a discord tamer do?

C

Chango Pelon

Well, I know I want to be at the Minotaur spawn at the least, so I am hoping to see you all there.

R

RestlessLA

im not sure exactly what will work... ive had the weald spawn to the 3rd level before... which is satyrs and cu sidhes... sooo... if u attack a cu sidhe, then, ur fighting a damn cu sidhe :/ ... and if u attack a satyr... then it will probably discord u then provoke a cu sidhe on u... so ur still fighting a damn cu sidhe... conveniently neither of these guys are aggro... so u get to choose how u get killed
discord would definitely help.. discord the cus and go after them with some white wyrms... maybe have some provokers there to provoke cu's onto the satyrs... if we get enough people together it shoudnt be too much of a problem

I

imported_Az of DSR

get your karma maxed now, neg karma is the mind killer

R

RestlessLA

u have never been inside twisted weald where swoop is? if not then yes, u need to get the "dreadhorn" quest from one of the lorekeepers in heartwood

G

yeah the weald can be nasty....and it is definelty a karma killer. OMG...and once you hit the level of below good karma everything in teh area will hit you. But damn it can be fun.

R

RestlessLA

aight the labyrinth spawn will be kicking off in a couple hours... basically u have to run to the very end of it where all the minotaur artifacts spawn and just start killing minotaurs left and right, eventually they should start talking and saying things like "kill the intruders" or some mess and then after enough killing they should say "meraktus has arrived" and meraktus and 4 tormented minotaurs should spawn on top of the last building (there is a moongate up there that takes u to the fairgrounds, dont take it unless u want to leave the labyrinth, is an easy way to leave when we are done) all i know of this spawn is just what i read on webpages of other people that have done it and its all just what i mentioned... if anything else occurs during the spawn it will surprise me just as much as u
the best ways to get back to the area in my opinion are to either stealth or to honor yourself (if your honor is high enough) and run back... if u are planning on just making a fast ass run for it please dont bring rend or pyre back with u
and try to make it so if u do die u wont need to return to ur body, we should be able to rez at the spawn area and i will bring a lot of extra bandies
if ur meleeing or using an archer it is recommended that u use a bovine slayer talisman, if u have a nice runic crafted butchers war cleaver that should work well also (both combined should have u hitting for the max possible damage u can do)

C

Chango Pelon

Wow, just wow. I'll have a story up soon. Thanks to all for the fun!

R

RestlessLA

hehe well heres the story i got.. and its more of a question... do ya think we won?

in the end, everyone was dead, but so was meraktus

alot of people confused as to whether the spawn was progressing at all, in the lower left hand corner of the screen it would have messages saying a minotaur captain orders the scouts to attack the intruders and whatnot every time a minotaur died and this went on for a lil over an hour (during which time a mess of drakes and like 5 or 6 pyres were introduced into the action) then eventually the messages stopped being displayed and meraktus and the tormented minotaurs were out... i solod a tormented from full health to redline on the roof of the building where they spawn but when they get low in health they start hitting harder and doing double strikes and crap, so it ended up taking me down. Meraktus hits extremely hard and was just walking around terrorizing everyone. also to the west over the wall was a named air elemental called "tempest" that was casting on me and hitting me from 70-100 a hit in an all 70s suit.... it ended up being a lil sloppy and disorganized in the end, but we did finish it, good job LA
didnt get to the weald spawn yet, it is the last one on the shard that hasnt been completed to my knowledge (at least not been completed by me anyways) maybe we can do it next week

G

UMP has completed the Weald Champ spawn, and its not just the CU's that make it tough, but you have to kill the para cu sidhs too! Then you get treefellows, and Para Feral Treefellows! (See pic here - http://umpuo.com/champ-weald1.jpg ) Para Feral Treefellows! Its a fun champ spawn to do though, but be sure to have high positive karma, and lots of firepower!

By the way, another fun spawn that doesnt ever seem to get done is the Bedlam Champ spawn.

R

RestlessLA

cool
ya ive done the bedlam spawn a couple times, its a pain hehe... anyways we should still organize a weald spawn even though it has been done before
since u know... i avent done it

C

Chango Pelon

Make sure you let us know the next time you are planning something like this. I was hoping to get more involved in the next one.