• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Summoning Pet Balls, Animal Form, and Pets

G

Hello Everyone,

Just letting you know we have been reading your feedback on summoning pet balls, animal form, and pets.

Some of the suggestions I've seen target reducing effectiveness of one or more of these three things.

At the moment, I'm more inclined to look at the summoning pet balls first and see if we want to make any changes to it. One of the main suggestions I have seen that has possibilities is to require a reuse timer for the summoning pet balls, and perhaps don't allow them to be used while in animal form.

Let's try and only discuss pet summoning ball specific changes in this thread. I'd like to gather specific feedback on them.

Thanks all!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

One of the main suggestions I have seen that has possibilities is to require a reuse timer for the summoning pet balls, and perhaps don't allow them to be used while in animal form.

[/ QUOTE ]
A timer would help prevent chasing a dismounted person while summoning pets to get bites/spells off.
and not letting them be used in animal form would give the victim a chance to run away from the initial stealth summon all kill.
I think both changes would be GREAT.
The better of the two changes, in my opinion, is the no animal form use. That would coincide with things like bolas and spells. Also, that doesn't directly hurt pvm. At least when I farm I am not in animal form, so calling my pets via petballs would not a problem at all. I also cannot forsee how the timer would hurt pvm.

I vote yes to both changes. A bigger yes to the no animal form while summoning though.

(Stealth tamer, siege perilous)

EDIT: WHEN I SAY "TIMER" I DO NOT MEAN CAST TIME, I MEAN TIME BETWEEN USES.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

I hadn't heard that suggestion before but I agree that if the pet balls didn't work in animal form, that should solve the issues with it from a pvp perspective and leave them functioning fine in every other use.

A timer would depend on wether the timer was before or after the pet was summoned as if it is after they still get a free hit. Not particularly a fan of timers either.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Reuse timer = Good idea 30 seconds or so to be able to resummon pet
Message displaying a tamer is summoning a pet = Great idea
Inability to use pet ball while in animal form = Great idea
Inablilty to use pet ball in entire T2A area = Great idea
Increase of # of charges it takes to summon pet = Good idea

Delays in pets arrival = bad idea
Delays in pets listening to master = bad idea

Just my opinions of course.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A timer would depend on wether the timer was before or after the pet was summoned as if it is after they still get a free hit. Not particularly a fan of timers either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a post where a casting timer equivalent to 7th or 8th circle may be one possibility, and then perhaps a reuse timer after the pet is summoned. That may address the free hit you bring up.

If we did decide to go this after, how long do you think the reuse timer should be?

G

I think a delay equal to the summoning a mount and eliminating use while in animal form would not hurt a tamer and would accomplish addressing the issues with PvP. One of my main characters is a tamer and I would have no problem with these changes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Have you seen the poll I did on the subject? There is quite a lot of useful information in the thread.

Here's the link If you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I haven't. Thank you. I'll look at this.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
More like a cool-down timer...summon a pet, the summoning ball takes 10 seconds to recharge, like talismans, before you can use it again.

I don't pvp much anymore but when I do, a pet gets on you, so you try to kill it, they ball it back so you don't lure it off, rinse repeat,. So with the timer, the pets will have a higher chance of getting killed off unless the owner logs out, leaving him defenseless for a few seconds while he logs back in.

Both changes I think need to be implimented, it doesn't effect *real* tamers in any way and will stop the animal form/bola/auto pet summon people from being a pain in the arse!

G

Solution:

Increase in # of charges used depending on follower amount of pet
ex: 3 for 5 Slot dragon
2 for 3 slot rune beetle

Don't allow pet summon balls to be used while in dog form, while mounted, or invisible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be a good start to test.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That has possibilities.

<blockquote><hr>

Inability to use pet ball while in animal form = Great idea

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems to be a strong suggestion that specifically targets the current imbalance in PvP, with minimal impact in PvM.

<blockquote><hr>

Inablilty to use pet ball in entire T2A area = Great idea

[/ QUOTE ]

This suggestion I'll have to explore more and see what the team thinks.

<blockquote><hr>

Increase of # of charges it takes to summon pet = Good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

May or may not be necessary if we do what I've presented in the original thread. Definitely open to further discussion though.

<blockquote><hr>

Delays in pets arrival = bad idea
Delays in pets listening to master = bad idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, these suggestions don't seem as strong as the others. So I tend to agree here.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Just my opinions of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Message displaying a tamer is summoning a pet

[/ QUOTE ]

We already have that - grey screen with 'You Died' on it.

B

Babble

Summoning in t2a?
Remember you switched it off in Ilshenar and the workaround for us tamers was to get the pets out in trammel and summon them then to Ilshenar.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement is tragically funny
And of course, one of the main reasons, we're investigating possible solutions for this issue.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I don't think this one would be necessary if you make it so the summoner is frozen while casting, like with spells or when summoning an Ethy. If a person is not moving, you know they're up to no good!

I

imported_dexdash

all these sound like good ideas i would like to add one "thy pet can not flee in the heat of battle" when flagged for two min so we can kill them

I

imported_Goron

I am going to go a little deeper in my reasoning (now that i have secured the first post spot) :)

My biggest problems with this topic involve getting insta killed by pets. The process almost ALWAYS involves the following:
1) A stealth archer dismounts me with a heavy xbow.
2) A stealth tamer summons pets, and all kills me.
3) I start running for dear life on foot, waiting for my no-mount timer to expire.
4) The tamer keeps pace with me in speed animal form, summoning pets one step ahead of me, effectively letting them bite me each time they are summoned.
5) I die.
(I am very familiar with this process, as I also employ it as the stealth tamer frequently).

Looking at each step indiviually, I can say the following:

1) Getting dismounted by a stealth archer hurts, and sucks, but ultimately is not my final undoing. The archer by him/herself cannot deal enough damage to kill me without me getting away or scaring them off. I have many time easily gotten away from a lone stealth dismount archer, no problem. I also have a good enough success rate of escaping a stealth dismount archer AND gank squad. Even on foot, I am mobile enough to evade hits from melee players long enough to get mounted, and mages need to stay still to cast the big damage on me, so between my self healing, pots, and running, I have a fair chance of escape (not near 100% of course, but at least I have a chance). As such, I think this step of the process if fine.

2) The tamer summons pets and all kills... Here is where things go down hill. The pets will most likely get a first hit on me before I am able to get moving, which is fine. On foot I can outrun most pets. So after that first hit, I can usually get out of melee range, and fromt here survive magic attacks until I am able to remount. So I feel the initial 'instant petball summon' is fine. A 'cast timer' or such would make using a pet in an ambush pointless, as I would be long gone by the time the timer went off (unless the tamer and dismounter were coordinated enough to have the tamer initiate timer before the dismount
, but in that case I give props for the skill). This step is fine.

3) me running... well... not much to say here.

4) The tamer pacing me summong pets... This is lame. Being on foot, it gets VERY difficult to outrun a mount speed tamer. I know it is possible to get away, I have seen people do it and I have managed to do it, but that is not very common. Now, if the tamer could not summon while in animal form, this means they need to keep pace on foot, which means they cannot jump in front of me to assure a hit from the pet. Awesome. And if there is even as little as a 5 second timer on pet balls, this gives me enough time to only take two hits (the initial all kill, and 1 summon 5 seconds later) before my no-mount timer runs out and I am speeding away.
4part2) Now some problems I can forsee with only using the no summon while animal form... Even with no summon while in animal form, I can imagine myself using the following tactic: stealth to target, wait for dismount, summon rune beetle, 'all kill', summon nightmare, mount, chase, summon rune beetle while keeping pace. Using uoa macros I bet I could do that pretty darn quick. So this is where the summon timer comes into play as well, I will still only be getting 2 hits in by the time the guy is able to remount.
4part3) problems with only using petball timer... I will be able to use 5 slots of damage instead of saving (at least) 1 for a mount. That *may* be enough damage output to drop someone in 2 hits (from each pet).

and last step 5) I die... well, not a lot to talk about this one either.

None of these situations consider larger ganks- which is fine. A 5v1 gank should be darn hard for the victim. And sure, ym getaways rely on having a mount following me as i flee, so if the attackers posion my horse i am out of luck, but even then I have managed to run away on foot from dismount+NO PETBALL tamer.

So again, I vote YES to no petball use while in animal form, and a small timer for using a single pet ball (not universal, I think u should be able to use two different petballs with no timer... or at least ui think this until someone convinces me otherwise).

EDIT: WHEN I SAY "TIMER" I DO NOT MEAN CAST TIME, I MEAN TIME BETWEEN USES.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO pet balls break are the #1 most abuseable item in pvp today. I think pet balls should work like a summoning spell (cast time and interruptable) to prevent players from summoning pets as part of offensive combos. Pets aren't nearly as dangerous if they can't be called in as part of a combo...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with your goal, but disagree with the means you are suggesting to achieve it.

As it is, one of the best options for a dismounted player is to start running, wait a few seconds, and then petball in a pet to re-mount and escape.

Putting an interruptable casting delay on petballs is nearly an automatic death sentence for anyone who gets dismounted.

Instead, increase the delay already on petballs between summoning and the "all kill" command. Currently, the delay is about one second. Making it several seconds would prevent pet ballers from using pets in an initial combo.

Then, add a delay of several seconds between re-use. Now, they can't spam the pet on you after the initial summoning.

This solves the problem without creating a new one.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

If a person is not moving, you know they're up to no good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Main reason I can see the message would be needed is to offset the stealth/tamer. A message could be coded to display even if the summoner is hidden. If just a delay were to be added nobody would know a stealther had summoned until the pet shows.

G

Hiya Leurocian,

Firstly, thanks a lot for the heads up.

Oki, here goes

As they are, the balls are allowing tamers to drop pets on someone repeatedly whilst the tamer can also employ the animal forms to keep up with mounted opponents by adding ninjitsu. Dismounted opponents being even more vulnerable.

First basic scenario:

The basic tamer using a pet ball whilst on an ethy/frenzy etc. Let's say they're using a pair of kitsune. This tamer would use the pet balls to keep pets alongside them and their victims. It could be used in conjunction with a dismount shot from a bow to further slow the victim.

To fix this - delay timer to ensure pet ball can't be used repeatedly in quick succession. However, that wouldn't prevent said tamer from approaching a victim alone then summoning pets on top of them. The first pet drop could still be deadly.

Second scenario:

Stealth tamer approaches victim alone, (optionally in animal form) with his pet ball. He summons pets, commands them to kill and then runs alongside summoning the pets until the victim dies.

I think this could be addressed by making pet summoning like the summon spell:
words of power, so opponent knows what's coming and tamer is made visible

casting delay, so the summoning can be interrupted e.g., 5 secs which wouldn't be reduced with FC/FCR.

I think pet summoning needs to be like a spell so the tamer is prevented from appearing from nowhere, with pets and scoring a fast kill especially in tight spots. Currently there is little time for a victim to get clear of the tamer and his or her pets.

A ninja tamer would also be able to maintain mounted speed even while using all 5 control slots. This helps a tamer survive, and would seriously hamper a dismounted player's attempt at killing the tamer, for example.

The most logical fix I can see is to prevent pet summoning ball use when in animal form, and to also have a delay between pet summoning and the tamer going into form afterwards. Otherwise I think the tamer can still zip into "turbo mode" while the victim is wriggling out from under their pet drop

Further options:

- A delay between uses, so say a 1 minute timer between summons to stop multiple summons during a fight.
- Using up charges for each control slot the summoned pet has. Eg 3 for a runey, 5 for greater dragons.
- For the thieves - make pet balls stealable

Wenchy

G

I say 2 min between summons
And animal form change would be great

Z

Zan186

Putting a 3 minute timer on pet balls would definately curb the abuse that tamers utilize for pvp. Outside of that I thing the new super Dragons need to be toned down a bit in pvp. PVM fine, but pvp they are too unbalanced.

C

Calibretto

I'd say the timer should be minutes not seconds.

No summoning in animal form.

And animal form should take a control slot. After all you are running at mount speeds.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Message displaying a tamer is summoning a pet

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you nearly cost me a coffee coated keyboard there lol.

So true too...

Wenchy

G

Actually I like that idea too... heck even 5 mins doesn't stop a tamer using pet balls as they were intended.

It would require tamers to take care of their pets more too, as you can't just keep popping them out of danger repeatedly. Like a house hiding tamer mentioned in an earlier thread.

Perhaps pet balls could also be changed so pets can't be summoned into a house whilst actively attacking a player? Maybe too much trouble...

Wenchy

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I'd say the timer should be minutes not seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would stop using petballs altogether if it took minutes to reset.
Refering back to my previous post, I think seconds would suffice. Summon pet once, all kill target, wait 5 seconds, summon pet again- thats ~2 hits the pet will get off, wait 5 seconds, but lo and behold, the victim is already mounted an gone. It is my opinion that there is no difference between a 10 second timer and a 40 second timer... both are greater than the re-mount timer...

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Actually I like that idea too... heck even 5 mins doesn't stop a tamer using pet balls as they were intended.

It would require tamers to take care of their pets more too, as you can't just keep popping them out of danger repeatedly. Like a house hiding tamer mentioned in an earlier thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
*cough* log out and in *cough*

G

Yeah, see I was trying to stick on the topic of pet balls.

Logging out should send a pet to the stables IMO, not just pull them so you can relog round the corner.

Wenchy

G

If we get a timer on pet balls its ok as long as it wount effect tamers in their normal work. 30 sec is ok.

If you can use ball in animal for its ok to and effects no one but stealth ninja tamers.

What we realy need to do is make all skills work properly and so they will be use properly in pvp to.

Thx for discussing this whit us. Please dont just inplement some whit out asking for all pro and cons.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, see I was trying to stick on the topic of pet balls.

[/ QUOTE ]i understand kinda, but the ability to log out and in to summon pets IS on topic of petballs... as a 'fix' to petballs that is circumventable by something else is not an effective fix at all.
<blockquote><hr>

Logging out should send a pet to the stables IMO, not just pull them so you can relog round the corner.

[/ QUOTE ]That seems like a great idea on the surface, but imagine you get disconnected doing pvm at a spawn, now you are stuck going to a stable to get your pets. Now lets say it happens at a peerless.... see what I am getting at?

If anything, logging out and in should leave your pet where it is. And then if you 'lose' your pet, u have to petball it or go to a stable and use a 'recover pet' option, or something along those lines.

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

I read a post where a casting timer equivalent to 7th or 8th circle may be one possibility, and then perhaps a reuse timer after the pet is summoned. That may address the free hit you bring up.

If we did decide to go this after, how long do you think the reuse timer should be?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, making the petball follow a LONG casting animation (like mounting an ethereal) would be enough. No timer would be needed (you are stopped while you cast your pet ball and cannot chase your target).

Just make sure you also can't "cast" the pet ball while in animal form.

That should do it... and thank you so much for taking a look at this. It has been a problem on Siege for a long time.

G

Yeah, was thinking about the same issue in Ilshy.

What about a timer so that a re-logging tamer can get their pet back, but there is a timer before the pet appears. With a message so said tamer doesn't think the pets went *puff*

Wenchy

I

imported_archite666

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed wholeheartly, by the way man, you are god for actually listening and posting on this, THANK YOU so so so so so very much.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

What about a timer so that a re-logging tamer can get their pet back, but there is a timer before the pet appears. With a message so said tamer doesn't think the pets went *puff*

[/ QUOTE ]would also work.

But, i still like the idea that the pet stays where it is (it would still disappear, but would reappear when u log in in same spot it went away at). Of course, as i said before then u would need some way to recover the pet from a stable or something in case your really lost it.

This would also be effective in pvp, if you continually lead a tamer's pet away, once they run otu of petball charges you can lure it away and effectively take it out of the fight until the tamer recharges balls or goes to stable.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But, i still like the idea that the pet stays where it is (it would still disappear, but would reappear when u log in in same spot it went away at). Of course, as i said before then u would need some way to recover the pet from a stable or something in case your really lost it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we had pet balls working to recover a pet from any stuck situation, that would get my approval 100%. I would like to see that recovery working though, as there have been a few cases where my pets didn't come to the summoning ball, vanished from my follower count and the re-logging brought them back.

Wenchy

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Just make sure you also can't "cast" the pet ball while in animal form.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be over-nerfing the situation. I'd rather see "tweaks" instead of beating something with a nerf stick! That has been a problem with "tweaking" for far too long.

Player's in animal form are already very vulnerable by not having the ability to cast any spells, use wepon specials, etc. Not to mention they cannot dismount while in animal form, which is good, but summoning a pet while in form shouldn't be an issue as long as there IS a timer in place on reuse of the petball and perhaps even a message that a pet is being summoned.

G

We are 95 percentage pvp pks on all shards and kill everyone wiht 120 damge combo corpse skin Vas Ort Falmm Kal Vas flamm.now tamer owns us obvously we are the king necro-mages.We are 2 classes!! Mage and necro and we own the shards.Please change tamer yes!Becasue we want to be king again just us necro mages wich are 95 percentage of each shard.
If you wangt to change tamer change fist necromages.This are 2 clases mage and necro and not one!And to control greater dragon its highend Tamer not a regular one!
Necromages.corpseskin, REVENANT(pet),striangel.Painstrike(staminaleech),Bodoogh.Vas ort flam kalvasvlam,paralyse,Egergyfields over cross.
PLEASE FIX THis template first that it itsnt posible to have one char wtih both classes necro and mage!!
A LIFe for necromages the god pvp class!they cant take out this Dragon solo and we necromages want to take this Dragon solo in pvp then dear necromages get misic peacemaking and iscrodance to do this.Maybe Ea csan help you teh new template.Necro plus mage plus bard (music,discord,peace).Then you are again god in pvp!

G

Look, a pet-ball is to help having one trudge through a dungeon to get to a level. You can switch up pets once there. You dont have to fight everything on the way down and get them off your tame.

That is all nice and fine. Lets make it for that purpose. Dont go gentle on this. This is not a PvP weapon.

1 pet-ball per player.

Why 30 seconds timer. Make it 3 minutes. A pet-ball is not a tool to be a summoner in battle. You want a play style of summoning pets well make a skill for it. The pet-ball is just a friendly thing. Make it a 3 minute timer. Simple.

Now make a process to summon. You have to equip it. Lets see it in hand. You rub it. And call the pet. It takes 10 seconds and can be interrupted.

Okay, Im done.

OH OH and if you want it to be used for PvP and have tiny limits put on it... Then start making all this stuff skill based. You want a fast pet-ball recall... Then you need to have 75 in RELICS SKILL.

G

This is second post i read in 2 days who can se longer than petball and animal form thx. I just wish that devs can that to.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Player's in animal form are already very vulnerable by not having the ability to cast any spells, use wepon specials, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
My petball is my spell/weapon special/etc. all in one though. As a stealth tamer I do not use a single item, weapon, or spell other than my petball and verbal commands. If I really wanted to be able to use other things, I would ride a mount, not be in ninja.
If i could not use petball while in form, I would stealth to target in form, get out of form, wait for buddy's dismount (or even use bola myself), use petball, all kill, get back in form for chase (assuming there is a cooldown timer on petball, and i didnt bola). I don;t think this change would hurt animal form all that much. It would still be my primary method of transportation and escape.

A

AlanofCats

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be a good start to test.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a tamer have multiple petballs in their pack? I dont use this tactic so I honestly don't know. If so, would carrying 10 petballs get around this?

How about a 10 second/10% dmg reduction per control slot/pet AND master penalty. The 5 slot dragon would get a 10 second 50% dmg reduction when summoned as would any spells or damage inflicted by the master. Leave their other stats like health alone. For 5 seconds, negate the ability to para, debuff, or transform to dog or invis after summoning. And using petballs auto reveals + turns the master back to human form....you know so the pet can recognize their master after being summoned.

This would pretty much isolate the nerf to PvP. Folks that summon in an emrgency still have a full health pet to protect them while PvP stand a chance to survive the dog tamer thats chasing them. They could stand and fight for 10 seconds then run forcing the tamer to resummon for another 10 second penalty. This would be more productive by putting some skill into the PvP aspect of it.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Look, a pet-ball is to help having one trudge through a dungeon to get to a level. You can switch up pets once there. You dont have to fight everything on the way down and get them off your tame.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree completely. I have never taken a petball with me to pvm. I dont want to risk losing one to a thief or pk. I use petballs soley for pvp. In my mind they are pvp weapons. Logging out and in is a pvm method for recovering pets. petballs is the instant pet recovery method that only really benefits pvp.

They can still be pvp weapons even if toned down a little though. So I support a minor cooldown timer, but nothing too drastic.

G

Pet balls are also intended to help you rescue a stuck pet.

I have my pet balls banked for emergencies, but limiting to 1 per player would result in tamers losing pets because they "balled" the wrong one.

I think GMs have enough to contend with, without having to find lost pets. In ye old days, some GMs would outright refuse to look for a pet.

Otherwise I like your suggestions.

Wenchy

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

Hello Everyone,

Just letting you know we have been reading your feedback on summoning pet balls, animal form, and pets.

Some of the suggestions I've seen target reducing effectiveness of one or more of these three things.

At the moment, I'm more inclined to look at the summoning pet balls first and see if we want to make any changes to it. One of the main suggestions I have seen that has possibilities is to require a reuse timer for the summoning pet balls, and perhaps don't allow them to be used while in animal form.

Let's try and only discuss pet summoning ball specific changes in this thread. I'd like to gather specific feedback on them.

Thanks all!

[/ QUOTE ]Changing the summoning ball is going to make trammies that don't pvp suffer, and all the pvp tamers all they have to do is log off log back in to bring their pets back to them. Sometimes I have to summon my pet away from mass spawn a few times because it seems to have a mind of its own, and wont listen, yes I have 120 lore. If anything change how many powders charges are used on the summoning ball to how many control slots the pet uses. example greater dragon would cost 5 powders to summons it back to you. Nightmare would cost 2 powders. pack horse 1 powder. I would rather use up powder than have a timer put on it. Not being able to use the summoning ball in animal form is ok.

Animal form should not be considered to have control slots put on them, because a tamer decided to use ninjustu on their template. Spell weaver, necro, and mage tamers are also able to change forms, but nothing is said about these skills taking up control slots. these are forms not the actual animal or monster you turn into, If the controls slots are going to be used then we should also have the special abilates to do what some of these forms do. Like bleed attack if your in the form of a baked kit. unicorn/ kirin flame breath whatever they spit out.

The greater dragons need to be tweaked a tamer should be able to solo them, and not rely on others to help them. I have no problem with others helping me kill stuff, but being a tamer I would at least like to be able to solo a dragon. These new dragons are like lengendary mages with the strength of hercules, and no one should have that kinda power on this game. they need to be a little easier to kil for tamersl, and once they get tamed a little more easier to kill if you pvp with them.

Sorry I had to cover it all now while I knew what I wanted to say

G

"At the moment, I'm more inclined to look at the summoning pet balls first and see if we want to make any changes to it. One of the main suggestions I have seen that has possibilities is to require a reuse timer for the summoning pet balls, and perhaps don't allow them to be used while in animal form. "

I like these ideas. Petballs should be usable, but only rarely, and not as a pvp tactic.

A player should be able to use a petball no more often than every 20 minutes. The timer should be on the player, not the petball, to keep a player from just hauling along 10 petballs.

A player should not be able to use a petball when mounted or in any form other than elf/human.

Pets, when petballed, should be nonaggressive and unresponsive for 1 minute, as if peaced.

That should do it for petballs.

On the flipside, peacing or discording a pet should flag you as an aggressor and attacker. If the pet is blue and in a guardzone, you should go grey and be guardwhack-able.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Changing the summoning ball is going to make trammies that don't pvp suffer, and all the pvp tamers all they have to do is log off log back in to bring their pets back to them. Sometimes I have to summon my pet away from mass spawn a few times because it seems to have a mind of its own, and wont listen, yes I have 120 lore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt the re-logging trick will go un-checked in this PvP fix.

You shouldn't need to repeatedly pet ball in a PvM bout. If you find the pet is swamped, pull it out. Vet up, then decide if it's safe to return. If you want to wait until that pet ball is re-usable, then it'll let your pets regen mana and stamina too, which is very useful if a pet was near death when you retreated.

<blockquote><hr>

The greater dragons need to be tweaked a tamer should be able to solo them, and not rely on others to help them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest you check out the tamer forum for suggestions in soloing these beasts. It is possible with practice

Wenchy

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

I don;t think this change would hurt animal form all that much. It would still be my primary method of transportation and escape.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I think adding a delay, a resuse timer, a message AND the inability to use a petball while in form is going too far with the nerf stick. I'm only really opposed to the last item, which is the inability to use a petball while in form.

We need tweaks and balances, not a severe beating with the nerf stick no matter which skill is being looked at.

<blockquote><hr>

My petball is my spell/weapon special/etc. all in one though. As a stealth tamer I do not use a single item, weapon, or spell other than my petball and verbal commands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you, but you aren't the only person playing this game, are you? Do you really need to be reminded that we all have our own playstyles?

L

Lilith_Mauvais

Maybe the time it takes the pet to get there is based on the size of the pet (number of control slots). I don't believe that making animal form limitation alone will be enough since the problem is the magical jumping pet, not the guy running faster than you.

I

imported_The_Dude_

Use the same timer you put on Apples. You dont see anyone whining about apples in pvp anymore.

Also i like the idea of hitting the pet ball and be like casting 8th circle spell before they got there.

If your say criminally flagged or flagged on someone you should not be able to claim your pet to u....

K

Kurgan

Delay timer good.. 10-15sec delay
Not use while in animal form.. who cares
Going on that, if I polymorph, am I not going to be able to summon my pet with the ball?