• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suit/Weap Goals

I've been away for many years. As I am building out a sampire I am wondering what the goals are. I get you want DI, SSI, HML, etc.... But what is the standard amount of each? As I read I see things that many of you know such as 180 stam + 20SSI gives you max on double axe, etc... I don't want to be on the endless hunt for SSI and end up with waste by having too much of it and not enough of something else. Hence, why I am asking. I am certain there are many opinions, but if you could share or point me in the direction of at least the standard goals and veteran tips that would be much appreciated.

Also, is this made up of usually of craftables, loot or arti's? I know that 20 years ago you could build most of your suit, but every build included some Doom arti or other sought after item.

Gyb

Visitor
So as a person who went through this back in 2016, then, stopped playing again after a few months, and now here I am again... I built up a sampire with almost no artifacts and can mostly hang, but yeah, you will need to craft a bunch of stuff. My build is 120 sword, 100 tactics, 100 parry, 100 chivalry, 100 bushido, 100 necromancy, 100 resist spells

In my own opinion, before you can get a bunch of legendary items and only have self-crafted stuff, you are looking at:
-Hit chance increase is probably most important, since every time you don't hit you dont leech, and then you die
-Defense chance increase was the one I ignored most; I still only have 5 and kill a lot of stuff
-ring and bracelet both probably have to have 10% swing speed increase first before other properties; you have to find these as loot; I farmed succubus and balrons in Fan Dancer Dojo; I also farmed status from the city on my shard that gave a SSI bonus of 5%. A total of 20% SSI is ok if your stamina is usually over 180, but having more SSI and stamina is always great since you WILL lose swing speed when you get hit hard; there is no easy way to get SSI other than artifacts, so ring/bracelet are your go to (can use Chivalry for Divine Fury but that's just yet another spell to cast every fight...)
-assuming you are always in vampire form for life drain, you don't need hit life leech on your weapon
-you want as much hit mana leech as possible on weapons, so you can spam special attacks; this is what I mass crafted with runic hammers looking for 100% mana leech with no other properties besides the 40 percent damage increase from being exceptional; earning the whetstones from Shame to remove the DI is stupid and ridiculous until you are established or wealthy

A "pretty good" weapon after runic reforge and imbuing (and assuming you can't yet do all of this with artifact armor/clothing equipment) would be:
-Damage Increase 40% (because its exceptional crafted and you can't get rid of it without Shame ********)
-Mana Leech 75+ (from runic reforge probably)
-Stamina leech 30+ (from imbuing) so you get stam back, not swinging at max speed is a main way we die; in a perfect world you would never lose stamina, but having it as leech on weapon makes bosses especially much easier, so consider this property on boss killer weapons)
-Hit lower defense 30+ (from imbuing) because you can't afford Mace and Shield or equivalent yet; frankly even if you can get it the rest of your armor pieces are probably not ready for the stamina/dex reduction by giving up a crafted head piece to keep your swing speed maxed, so putting HLD on weapon is best until you are very well geared
-Slayer - and yes, probably one for every enemy type; I really rebelled on this when I first started my crafting because dammit the stuff is expensive and irritating to farm, but having the right slayer property makes a HUGE damage difference
-(on a weapon specifically for spawn advancement I would trade stamina leech for Hit Area)
-(if you don't need slayer, like for certain bosses who don't have a slayer type, then probably Hit Lower Attack)

For me, I started with runic reforging a bunch of double axes to 100% mana leech, then turning them into various spawn killers. Next phase would be bladed staff boss killers. This is assuming your basic goal is power scroll farming. For general content, I have found a double axe to be just fine, with whirlwind and double strike - in general, when slayer isn't in play, a double axe doing double strike (with EoO) out damages a bladed staff doing armor ignore (with EoO) (again in GENERAL, there are factors). Also keep in mind I use consecrate weapon when advantageous, so a no Chivalry build will have different results.

For armor, you want to just do an imbue job that gets your stamina (and thus swing speed) up to the max for your preferred weapon. the runic reforge part, as far as I was able to tell, boiled down to about +10 hit points, so I skipped it. Then there is a bunch of complications with armor enhancements, but also I haven't gone down that road yet. Main point was getting +3 hit point increase, +8 mana increase, +8 stamina increase, and 7% lower mana cost on 6 pieces of crafted armor, which got me to requisite levels with just imbuing and no runic reforging.

Again, I'm also returning and have almost zero artifacts or rare drops, but am having a blast, so it can be done. Most artifacts are "edge" rather than necessary. That said, the theoretical "best in slot" for most pieces is an artifact or a legendary random drop, so crafting only gets you to the threshold.

Gyb

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think all the above is great, I am also in the same boat in coming back and restarting somewhat from fresh.

I have read a few threads on suit building and what have you. I think one has to break down and use a spreadsheet to make a suit, life is just easier with it than without.

Someone posted here that starting from one decent item and working around that is the best way, I have come to agree. Currently I am having HLD as the primary mod I want thus I use either the M&S or the prismatic lenses' and start working from that point forward. Doing this makes the path clear and the goal identifiable.

Don't forget VvV items, they wear out fast on a samp but are free until you get the real deals.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damb....someone sticky that Gyb comment. Good stuff.

For the general spawn advancement wpn......double axe, aoe, stam, mana, sc-1, di. I use one that doesnt use any special imbuing ingredients. No point in wasting materials for a starter to go from 44 hit area to 50 hit area for a level 1-2 champ spawn wpn.

jcarter

Visitor
You definitely want to hit:
45 HCI
100 DI
1.25 swing speed (Knuckleheads.dk)
As much LMC as you can muster
As close to 150 STR as you can
then pack on HP

Regarding the above template, I'd work to get bushido to 120. The skill is great!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damb....someone sticky that Gyb comment. Good stuff.

For the general spawn advancement wpn......double axe, aoe, stam, mana, sc-1, di. I use one that doesnt use any special imbuing ingredients. No point in wasting materials for a starter to go from 44 hit area to 50 hit area for a level 1-2 champ spawn wpn.
There is a great difference between 44 hit area and hit 70 area in all levels of spawns, i would even argue that going from 44 to 50 is worth it due to faster clears.
And we all know that speed is a factor when doing spawns in fel, faster clear less chance of getting raided.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best material to craft suits out of now of days? I am redoing my sampire also which hasn't been used since 2012 and I lost all my gear. I see a lot saying studded leather. Is that the best?

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What is the best material to craft suits out of now of days? I am redoing my sampire also which hasn't been used since 2012 and I lost all my gear. I see a lot saying studded leather. Is that the best?
There are two schools of thought on this. Non med studded/bone armor will give you 55 lmc. Non med plate/metal armor gives you 45 lmc but you also get a lot more stam loss protection. I prefer wearing all plate for that reason. Especially because I do Rikktor a lot and he hits like a truck. It's really personal preference and depends on what you are fighting.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two schools of thought on this. Non med studded/bone armor will give you 55 lmc. Non med plate/metal armor gives you 45 lmc but you also get a lot more stam loss protection. I prefer wearing all plate for that reason. Especially because I do Rikktor a lot and he hits like a truck. It's really personal preference and depends on what you are fighting.
I am definitely wanting to use plate but before I did I wanted to check. I like the look of a full plate set. But I thought maxes lmc was 40. How do you get 45? I mean I know to get 45. Lol. How does that work. There is a place I can read about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately it cost 250k per piece to get mage armor removed so you can get the extra lmc :(

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a great difference between 44 hit area and hit 70 area in all levels of spawns, i would even argue that going from 44 to 50 is worth it due to faster clears.
And we all know that speed is a factor when doing spawns in fel, faster clear less chance of getting raided.
As in regards to Hit Area, of the 5 types available, Physical, FIre, Cold, Poison, Energy, is there one most usefull as the others or should one just carry all of them at the same one time in the main backpack in 5 weapons all the same, just differing in the Hit Area that they carry ?

The reason for asking this, is that, in between the Slayers' types and then the Hit Area types, if one had to carry 1 weapon in each flavour in the end there would be little room left in the backpack to carry any loot for too many weapons carried....

Thanks !

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As in regards to Hit Area, of the 5 types available, Physical, FIre, Cold, Poison, Energy, is there one most usefull as the others or should one just carry all of them at the same one time in the main backpack in 5 weapons all the same, just differing in the Hit Area that they carry ?

The reason for asking this, is that, in between the Slayers' types and then the Hit Area types, if one had to carry 1 weapon in each flavour in the end there would be little room left in the backpack to carry any loot for too many weapons carried....

Thanks !
I bring whatever area weap the spawn is, I leave the rest in bank/house. If you aren't familiar with their resists you gotta do a little research.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Thanks !
How many weapons are you carrying? You should have weapon for each type of elemental damage with it's respective elemental hit area on there. Carry a small handful of specific boss weapons. Even if you had 20 weapons in your pack, you should have plenty of available slots to carry loot.