• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Suit help

D

Dannyboy

I've returned to UO recently, and would like to get a suit for my abc archer as the current one I have really isn't optimal. I have a 120 imbuer, and gm (and climbing) blacksmith. However I pretty much just leveled him without exploring imbuing much, let alone reforging and enhancing.

Anyway I currently have these items I plan to build a suit around.
Mace and shield glasses.
Rangers cloak of augmentation
I also have the crimson cincture just for the dex bonus.

That leaves 5 pieces of Armour to get resists
45 Physical
And 60 for all the others

And I need to get 45 DCI
45 hci

I sit at 120 dex without any dex boosting items, am I going to need dex?
I got told I will need 8SI on 3 pieces?

What about lmc and MI? And ssi?

Is it even possible without reforging. And I'm going to have to enhance right to get those resists? Any advice would be appreciated, I feel completely lost and stressed, to where to put the mods, which ones do I put on jewels ect I'n on Europa is any fellow craftsman would like to show me the ropes also so here is my icq 552958952.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've returned to UO recently, and would like to get a suit for my abc archer as the current one I have really isn't optimal. I have a 120 imbuer, and gm (and climbing) blacksmith. However I pretty much just leveled him without exploring imbuing much, let alone reforging and enhancing.

Anyway I currently have these items I plan to build a suit around.
Mace and shield glasses.
Rangers cloak of augmentation
I also have the crimson cincture just for the dex bonus.

That leaves 5 pieces of Armour to get resists
45 Physical
And 60 for all the others

And I need to get 45 DCI
45 hci

I sit at 120 dex without any dex boosting items, am I going to need dex?
I got told I will need 8SI on 3 pieces?

What about lmc and MI? And ssi?

Is it even possible without reforging. And I'm going to have to enhance right to get those resists? Any advice would be appreciated, I feel completely lost and stressed, to where to put the mods, which ones do I put on jewels ect I'n on Europa is any fellow craftsman would like to show me the ropes also so here is my icq 552958952.

With an archer, have you considered buying a quiver of infinity rather than the cloak?

SSI, you should be able to get by with on your weapon. Craft one, imbue or reforge, then enhance with ASH (theoretically 40% max from imbue/enhance, 50% from reforge/enhance). 3 8 SIs with a 40% weapon would put you at effective 184 stamina for bow ROF when healthy (or bow firing 4 ticks faster than its stated speed). with a 50% SSI bow, you can make do with 2 +5 Dex items, 2 8 SI items, or an item that gives +10% more SSI, to get to 180+.
DCI for an archer isn't as important as HCI, and bows can be imbued up to 25% HCI, not sure about via reforging.

beyond that, you can use trial and error to get. There's more ways to get what you want than there are people to tell you how to get there.

Anyone else want to pipe in?

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, 5 SSI beats 5DCI any day on an archer.....

You will definitely need crimson for dex but the 10 hp increase is pretty big and yes you will need stam increase on your armor and some str\dex increase on ring and bracelet if you want max damage and swing.

You might need some mana inc as well (depending on your base mana) and I will not run any char without 40 LMC....

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO- unless you are using the damage modifier off a quiver or the ammo reduction- you are better off using a cloak and just carrying around the 50% weight reduction quivers in the backpack to carry arrows.

J

Joey Porter

IMO- unless you are using the damage modifier off a quiver or the ammo reduction- you are better off using a cloak and just carrying around the 50% weight reduction quivers in the backpack to carry arrows.
I agree 100%, this is what I do as well. Wear cloak and carry two quivers in pack.