• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suit Building for beginners....

G

After following all your very helpful hints (special thanks to connor) I more or less finished my (PvM) template which looks like this (will soon):

Arch 120 (with Hunters Headdress)
Bush 120
Tact 120
Ana 100
Heal 100
Resist 100
Chiv 80

I used a set of virtue armor for training and want to build a suit around the HH now.

Question: being a returning player (I played from 98 to 2001 and returned bout a year ago) I still have problems looking through the masses of different doom arties, tokuno minors and majors, collection rewards, paragon arties, treasure chest arties, etc.
Does anyone know of a page that compares artie armor parts for each body slot to eachother (forgive my poor english but I hope you get the point)?

I am looking for a page that would list for example all different artie tunics next to eachother to easily compare them and find what you are looking for:

for example: Heart of the lion, runbeetle carapace, ancient samurai do?, etc...

If not, I would still be interested in your thoughts on armor for archers.
The only thing I want to get for sure is of course a crimson. I know the rest also depends a bit on the playstyle and the weapon you are using (leech properties).
I guess max HCI is important (even when using LS?). DCI not so important (since you should not get hit at all if possible)?

MR most important or should I rather go for DI?

My basic Stats are (i am elf atm but thinking bout changing this cause I think the regain from JOAT focus and medi will serve me better than the extra mana):
Str 90
Dex 125
Int 40 (mana 60)

Thank you very much,

Largo of Europa

C

Connor_Graham

There's nothing that I know of that lists everything on a single page, they all group them.

To start for your suit you should get a Rune Beetle Carapace (3 MR & 15 LMC can't be beat) and Stormgrip (25% DI & 8 INT). From there you can use a Jackal's Collar (I don't use one myself as the jewels I have more than make up what I need to hit the cap) if you don't have other things to get your Dex up to 150. MR is key to an Archer's suit, as the Chiv/Bush Archer is very mana intensive. Other than that, LMC to cap and any HP/Mana/Stam boosts you can get. Crimson Cincture is pretty much almost a must have, along with a Primer on Arms. Personally, I'd have gone a different way that the Hunter's for the head piece, as I prefer not to have my primary skill tied to an item.

B

BadManiac

I seriously recommend the Fey Leggings too.
+6HP
+20%DCI
12 % Physical Resist
8% Fire Resist
7% Cold Resist
1% Poison Resist
19% Energy Resist
Mage Armor

Will help a lot with the DCI, and the resists aren't terrible. Most of these are Elf Only, but there ARE human wearable ones, I know, I have a pair. Expect to pay 800K - 1Mill for a human pair, 150K for Elf Only ones, since they are quite common. Well worth it in my opinion.

As for a page that lists all of them, check out : http://www.uoguide.com/

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Note: The resists on human and elf Fey Leggings is different.

Elf: 12/8/7/4/19
Human: 14/9/9/1/17

I've had suits with Hunter's Headdress, and to be honest, I prefer other head gear. Mace and Shield are a great choice with the Hit Lower Defense. Folded Steel are a good choice, and what I use - Totem (+20 Strength and 15 HCI).

When you use HH your kinda stuck with it cause of the Archery skill. I went ahead and worked my skill up to 120 so I could use other gear. It was worth doing.

G

Thank you all for your comments.

Since I had some money on the side I went out and bought/crafted some things and now have the following (i would consider usefull for this template):

crimson
rune beetle carapace
mace and shield glasses/hunter´s headdress/helm of Insight
stormgrip
jackals collar/voice of the fallen king
leggins of bane/fey leggins (elf)/ barbed legs with MR2 and good resists
quiver of Inf
essence of battle/ring of the vile
bracelet of health/ resillient bracer
barbed arms with MR2 and good resists
primer on arms/totem of the void

after playing around for 2 hours now I still cant make up my mind what to use... With all the arties I cant seem to make an all 70´s suit but I am getting rather close.

I think I will try to go with my own MR2 legs and arms cause none of the above arties has MR2 exept tali.

I have also decided (as most have advised) to go with mace and shield, work archery up and prolly use resillient bracer to save some skill points here (15 resist).

Question: I noticed I can easily get to 160 Dex with the above. Is it important in your oppinion? I know it will depend on weapon speed as well. But does anyone know if there is a difference in healing between 150 and 160 Dex?

I am broke now but hope to have lots of fun with this template.
Thank you all.

Largo of Europa

G

Connor have you checked the MR since the meditation update? I've noticed on my Tamer his mana regen now is pathetically slow even with 7 mr from his suit, I'm beginning to think it's not even worth it to look for/craft mr pieces for characters without med. I've been changing my archer and dexxers suits to lmc/mana increase pieces and relying on vamp form and mana leech on my weapons for the mana regen.

Rey~

T

Trukx

Keep dex and stamina in similar yet separate contexts.

The cap for Dex is 125 (150).......so if you have a bunch of gear that would mathematically come to 160 or more, it will still only be 150.

Stamina on the other hand is not capped and is made up of dex and +stamina items. Once you hit 150 on dexterity, now look for other items that give +stamina.

Healing is based entirely on dexterity, not stamina and works in increments of 20, so you want 140 dexterity to maximize heal speed.....at 140 dex you are at the healing max speed. Only caveat to this is that if you have say 160 mathematical dex (you'll show 150), and are cursed you could still have above 140 to maintain heal speed from 140.

Swing speed on the other hand is a function of stamina and works in increments of 30 as the bonus factor. 150 is what most people will have which gives a tic bonus of -5. To get the next bonus, you have to get to 180.....although having enough on top of 150 to loose some and still maintain current swing is always nice.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Stamina on the other hand is not capped and is made up of dex and +stamina items. Once you hit 150 on dexterity, now look for other items that give +stamina.

I believe stamina is caped at 231 according to stratics
here is the link

Stat Caps

So the only reason to go above 210 would be to give you 21 extra stamina points that you could lose and still be at max
unless this has been changed and stratics has not been updated

E

eolsunder1

The main component for a archer suit these days is mana regen. Because bows have been nerfed in the mana leech department, you aren't part necro, and mana suits are also nerfed for paladin archers, you'll need mana regen like mad. You want a bow with high mana leech and a suit with high mana regen. And chances are you'll still be low since both suits and bows are about 1/2 strength for us archers now.

HCI is more importan than DCI for archers. You don't get hit as much as melee warriors, but you want that high HCI so you can hit stuff easy.

Jackals collar is pretty nice for all warriors, to boost that dex up. That and a crimson will give you +20 dex, which is almost max if you already have 125. +5 more on something will net you that bonus tick on the weapon and second on bandages.

G

Here is my current suit:

Head- Hunter's Headress (Archery +20, Dex: 8, HCI:15%, Resist: 2/6/23/1/7)
Neck- Horned Leather Gorget (HPI:3, MR:2, LMC:4%, Resist: 12/21/8/7/5)
Chest- RBC (MI:10, MR:3, LMC:15, Resist: 5/3/14/3/14)
Arms: Barbed Leather Sleeves (SR:2, MR2, LMC:7%, Resist: 18/8/7/16/9)
Legs: Barbed Leather Leggings (SI:6, MI:7, Resist: 18/16/5/23/8)
Gloves: Barbed Leather Gloves (MR:2, LMC:6, Resist: 14/10/6/8/21)
Ring: Ring of the Vile- Dex: 8, SR:6, HCI:15%, Poison: 20
Bracelet: HCI 13, FCR 3, FC 1, Cold: 8, Poison: 7

The resist come out to be: 69/64/70/70/65
MR:9
HCI: 30%

I was thinking about changing it up, but I don't want to loose the MR....

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Connor have you checked the MR since the meditation update? I've noticed on my Tamer his mana regen now is pathetically slow even with 7 mr from his suit, I'm beginning to think it's not even worth it to look for/craft mr pieces for characters without med. I've been changing my archer and dexxers suits to lmc/mana increase pieces and relying on vamp form and mana leech on my weapons for the mana regen.

Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]

8 MR works well enough to regen a Cons Wep or Divine Fury before either wears off the first time it was cast. That's all I have on my archer, and mana isn't much of an issue, especially when he can use his heavy's.

L

lham52

I am surprized no one mentions Daimyo's Helm for the SSI. Bad resists but I use it and still manage all 70s. The most SSI on an unenhanced weapon is 30, enhanced with ash 40 and wearing the helm 50%. Doesn't get you to the total cap of 60% but with 150 dex you can get some serious speed out of a lot of your bows.

Edit: I take it back, my energy resist is 68 - all the rest 70s. Need a better bracelet.

G

I would agree with Archer temps being mana intense thats why i run MR 9 lmc 38 and gm meditation on my archer! I use Mace and Shield, RBC, ressiliant bracer, various rings, most have dex inc and lmc as a must, totem of void(i chose LMC over DI) arms legs gloves and neck are high resist pieces with MR, LMC and some other minor mods,(mainly mana and stamina) IMO, LMC over DI anyday!, I notice a huge penalty to regaining mana when using the Jackals Collar so I opt not too.