• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suicidal Nightmare!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just when I think I've seen everything, UO surprises me again. I've really got to set up Fraps so I can record if I want to, unfortunately I didn't this time.

The Setting:

I get attacked by a pack of faction enemies. I'm dismounted at the time for some reason, I can't remember why, anyway, my pets are fighting, I'm taking an awful lot of damage, so I call my babies and try to get the hell out of Dodge.

Unfortunately I get caught by those delayed mystic bombshells and die a screen or two away, whereupon the ravenous pack sets on my babies and attempts to devour them as well. I hit the emergency log off button and save them from an untimely demise (no this isn't about auto stabling so don't even start... ;) ).

The Scene:

I go grab a new life at the local wandering healer, and use my faithful pet ball to call my nightmare back from her home in the fifth dimension. My nightmare took quite a bit of damage and I can't mount for some reason, so I assume I'm getting one of those ridiculous "you must heal your mount... blah blah blah" messages, and start to heal her.

The Action:

Suddenly I realize, she's still fighting, which was probably the real reason I couldn't mount her. Not only that, she's still taking damage. I look around, there is no one around but me and my nightmare. I do a serious double take, and there can be no doubt about it, she's trying to kill herself. Apparently my death drove her to despair...

DON'T DO IT!!! I STILL LOVE YOU BABY, AND I'M OK!!! IF IT'S PTSD WE CAN GET YOU SOME HELP!!! :stretcher:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMAO! Seriously, you need to look for the NPC Monty Roberts really quick now, methinks you've got a problem ;)

If desperate pets start to try suicide it's going to get messy at Luna bank soon heh

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Actually I think I distinctly heard her say once, "If you take me back to Yew gate again, I'm going to kill myself." I didn't believe her... :sad3:

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually noticed something similar to this, perhaps you have seen it before.

I was trying to raise the magery on my Dread Warhorse so I had it attack a summoned earth elemental from a short distance (magery only) in trammel so no damage taken.

As soon as the Elemental disappeared my horse would keep attacking. What it was attacking I actually could not see since there was nothing to fight nor did I see if it was taking damage since it was in trammel.
But I bet that, like yours, it was attacking itself. :)