• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, so I haven't really bothered leaving the hanger for nearly a year...but I have been training a lot of skills. I suppose it's time to go out and try to earn some isk so I can actually use these skills I have trained.

Problem is I have about 250k isk left (rofl). Any suggestions on quick ways to earn isk? Mining, Mission running? I'm open to most things, but the problem is... I have a bantam with a mining setup, so fighting NPCs might be tough right now.

Just curious how a newb with 8.5 mill skill points should do to get some phat loots...la

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
250k would almost get you a cheap frigate with some cheap ass guns, a few missions later you have a cruiser, a few more missions later you have a well fit cruiser for PvP and a spare for mission money.

Although you may have to mine just a bit to get that plan in motion. Plus its more fun than mining in my opinion. :gun: pew pew pew

T

Traveller

Another possibility is the Elite way. Trade. Not as fast as mining or missioning, but less boring IMHO. I earned my first money looking for some margin to be gained from hauling stuff between systems. Sure the hauling part of it may be boring, but the research part may be interesting (and may teach you something about the EVE world).

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent most of last weekend training up Salvaging. I didn't know that scrap sold so well. LOL, compared to what i was bringing in from mining or doing fighting missions, it didn't compare to the loot fron salvaging. I got everything trained up so I can even do salvage rigs...I'm reading up on those to see what to do next.

The trading would take a lot of training I haven't done yet, but definately something I plan to do...later on. The great thing about all the skills...there are sooo many different avenues you can travel, I don't see getting bored. just play the style I'm in the mood for...la

T

Traveller

I spent most of last weekend training up Salvaging. I didn't know that scrap sold so well.
Oh yes, I forgot about that. The best salvage is found in minmatar and Amarr regions. If you learn to probe people yo can even go into other peopel's missions and salvage their wrecks. And having them mad at you.... Probably what you want to do in the long run. :)

The trading would take a lot of training I haven't done yet, but definately something I plan to do...later on.
I don't get yo here. Trading in itself doesn't take any kind of skill. Just find a place where stuff sells low and bring it where it buys higher. :) Of course many skills can help you, reduce your costs, allow you to drive larger ships, etc, but the most basic trade is not really done by trained skills, but by your knowledge of markets.

The great thing about all the skills...there are sooo many different avenues you can travel, I don't see getting bored. just play the style I'm in the mood for...la
You are spot on, here. :) You can really have a JoaT character without unbalancing the game too much, because what you can do is constrained by the ship you pilot. A joat character will actually be less powerful than a character dedicated to a single ship, but it really gives you a lot more options.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The trading would take a lot of training I haven't done yet, but definately something I plan to do...later on.
I don't get yo here. Trading in itself doesn't take any kind of skill. Just find a place where stuff sells low and bring it where it buys higher. :) Of course many skills can help you, reduce your costs, allow you to drive larger ships, etc, but the most basic trade is not really done by trained skills, but by your knowledge of markets.
Not sure how much can really be made doing this, it seems like it would a lot of time to move from location to location to buy/sell and then move the product around.

*shrugs*

I'm still a n00b, so I still have a lot to learn. Other than the main EvE website, oare there other sites you find the best EvE info?...la

T

Traveller

Not sure how much can really be made doing this, it seems like it would a lot of time to move from location to location to buy/sell and then move the product around.
Potentially it can make you lots of money, just as a background activity, not even travelling. Just put a buy order for a low price, wait for people to sell to you for that low price, and then relist it for a high price sell order. Of course it requires knowledge of the goods that are more susceptible to this kind of treatment.

However this way to trade relies on the whims of the market. Hauling the right stuff can be much more isk efficient timewise, if you choose the right stuff. Can't tell you what stuff because opportunities vary wildly. It is often a good idea to check several regions about some goods and compare the prices. Also, hauling stuff from empire to 0.0 can often fetch you a very good margin, but too dangerous, not something I would suggest to a newby.

I'm still a n00b, so I still have a lot to learn. Other than the main EvE website, oare there other sites you find the best EvE info?...la
Well, every good site for EVE I found it in the FAQs of EVE forums, so just check them and you'll find the better resources.