• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions Requested: Now what?

I am a solo player that mostly play during "work" hours. Weekends are reserved for the wife I have a Mage that I have been farming Tomb of Kings for gold. I am ok with grinding but I am looking for suggestions on what else this character is able to handle. My goal is to get 120 to the main skills either through purchase or actually getting scrolls.

Keep in mind I don't have millions to go buy high end equipment.

Magic 104 (working to 110), eval 100, med 100, inscription 96. Wearing the set suit for mages purchased from clean-up rewards. I have a soul stone so I can swap skills. I have Provo, Disco at 65 another character as well as fishing of 79.

I do have an ABC archer that I am working up as well. Mid to high 80's on main skills.

Crafting characters: GM BS, tailor, carp, and fletcher. Imbuing at 94.

Thanks!

James, playing off and on since the beginning.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doing t-maps especially in Fel are fun and can be rewarding (Level 5-7), you should give them a try if you haven't already :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ask around on your shard. Many have guilds that have informal group hunts where anyone is welcome.

For example, there's a couple guilds on LA that, if any are on, and you call, they will often help with Ilshenar champ spawns and the Dragon Turtle spawn in Eodon. They often do Shadowguard, but those tend to be evenings, and it's best done by only tamers.

In those cases, if you let them know you need the gold, they'll hold back and let you have more of it.

Speaking of collecting gold....

I've noticed that the number of people looking for Pet Balls and Bags of Sending have increased since the pet changes, so farming the Ambitious Solen Queen quest might provide you with some items to sell.

Prior to the 20th anniversary, I would have suggested buying SOS and fishing them up (easy 10-30k per chest), but most of the glut of those disappeared in the badly designed quest from Vesper.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note also on the Treasure Maps - the Transcendence scrolls are in addition to the loot from other facets. It used to be thought that it was Alacrity Scrolls outside fel, with a chance for Alacrity or Transcendence scrolls in Fel, but I had a Fel chest that had BOTH, so it's not an either/or thing, but a different chance for each.

You can also get Transcendence scrolls doing trade orders between cities (and are a lot safer now than they were during the 20th anniversary event). They're a good solo play item for crafting materials and SoTs once you get about 50 under your belt, and the reward amounts get higher (30 oak boards might be sucky at a low level of trade order - while getting 180 valorite stone or ingots from a high-end one after you've reached magnate status is well worth it for only about 1000 gold investment)