• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SUGGESTIONS FOR CRAFTING FAQ UPDATES - post them here!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is the thread for posting things you want to see in the various crafting FAQs. I'm making requests right now for the data from Stygian Abyss, once it becomes official.

Please reply here instead of in the FAQ threads themselves...

D

DHMagicMan_1

I found some Wood Inscribing Tools on a vendor last night but I'd like some background on these items... when did they come out... what do you need to make the various kinds... are they always one charge each? Seemed expensive for the ability to inscribe one line of text on one wooden container?

FAQ about these inscribing tools would be GREAT!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Okay, I'll get on those when I do the Carpenter FAQ, or just do one entry in the crafting guides for all the inscribing tools.

The short version is that the inscribing tools are craftables, often charged for many times what they cost to create (some of them use only cheap ingredients, some really expensive), and (depending on the inscribing tool) either crafted by the skill that their target item is related to, or tinker. They came out about 3 years ago, or so. There is also a weapon engraving tool that is a Veteran reward.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BUMP...

Taking submissions for a guide to what's new in crafting for Stygian Abyss, either as stand-alone, or additions to the existing FAQ.

Eventually, we will also need an Imbuing FAQ.

I'm a little behind the curve, because scheuling issues in RL kept me from trying the open beta.

S

Stupid Miner

Need to take into account that Tinkers can make plain bracelets and rings for 3 ingots each (can take to GM)

O

OxAO

making the Aud-char musical insterments.
it says i need 'stones'
I never seen stones other then collectables in the game before.

how do you find them?

thanks

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think those might be the "Granite" from mining.

Annonymous User

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a single thread that has all the information one would need if one was a complete newby to set building to get a firm grasp on the ins and outs. That would be awesome ! If there is, I have not been able to find such a thing, just tid bits of info here and there scattered around, and that just seems to confuse me more then anything /shrug. !

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The closest thing to that currently would be the Tailor Profession page and the New Blacksmith guide...

N

Ncdiablo

Basara,

As a returning player (haven't played since 2001-2002) there have been so many changes. I was hoping to find a good guide to crafting decent suits. I kept getting conflicting information. My hope is that someone could put some clear instructions on crafting now.

Something akin to this.

Gm+ Tailoring and Gm Arms lore

Here are the variety methods on creating a good suit

Normal sewing kit-> choose barbed leather -> create 10 tunics -> review resists and pick 3-4 tunics with the best resists -> recycle bad tunics ->PoF suit to 255->imbue resists and benefits->enhance (high risk so you don't have to do that unless you are willing to lose everything)

give pros and cons of using this method and then list the other methods with pros and cons.

It would give a beginning or mid level tailor good ideas on not on the process but the pros and cons

I am not even saying the method I put down was a good one but it shows the steps in order and would give them a great method to understand the system.

this primarily for the the 70's resist/ medable armor / and then leaves the rest to how the char wants to imbue for the stuff they want.

Just my thoughts thanks for everything Basara

C

craftlord

we definetely need :yell: a revamp of the bod system w/ more diverse rewards, and possibly bod systems for tinkers, cooks, carpenters, etc. :thumbup1:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've forgotten most of HOW TO MAKE for my craft-characters and now need to make a Soul Forge. I can't even remember how to make a big or small forge. HELP. lol Just need a nudge in the right direction. Have been hunting for some place that will tell me how to do things again. My Craftsmen are all 120 - - oh wow I think it is a carpentry crafted item. Sorry.

Last edited:

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
forges (normal, elven, stone and soulforge) are furniture, thus the carpenter crafts them.

If I remember, the blacksmith ones need some blacksmith skill also.
I know that the stones forges need heartwood recipes, one common and one rare( 2 because of east/south facing).
I think the elven one also needs recipe but I'm not sure.

I know the soulforge needs imbuing skill (in the 85-90 I believe) and a relic fragment.

Hope this was what you wanted to know :)

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
forges (normal, elven, stone and soulforge) are furniture, thus the carpenter crafts them.

If I remember, the blacksmith ones need some blacksmith skill also.
I know that the stones forges need heartwood recipes, one common and one rare( 2 because of east/south facing).
I think the elven one also needs recipe but I'm not sure.

I know the soulforge needs imbuing skill (in the 85-90 I believe) and a relic fragment.

Hope this was what you wanted to know :)
Thank you so much for replying. I finally discovered quite a few things I had forgotten. Your post helps a great deal!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Stone Anvil (east) recipe is currently only available as Treasure Map loot. It was bugged as to not spawn from quests.

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I found some Wood Inscribing Tools on a vendor last night but I'd like some background on these items... when did they come out... what do you need to make the various kinds... are they always one charge each? Seemed expensive for the ability to inscribe one line of text on one wooden container?

FAQ about these inscribing tools would be GREAT!
one thing ive found is to avoid using the only charge when you dc it and target what you want engrave if it is already engraved leaving the line to type in black then hit enter will erase the current engraving and yes if you buy them, they can be over priiced as it takes very small resources easily obtained to make them. wooden engraving tool, metal engraver leather etc. the weapon engraving tool can be recharged via a tinker npc for a cost so dont throw it away it has five uses at a time, and can be recharged. its a vet reward.