• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions : Custom Keep, Storage Increase?

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So ive moved from an 18x18 to a keep, however im not so sure how i want to customize it, was wondering if theres some known keeps/pictures around anyone can share so i can get some ideas? Also im like already close to storage limit, i know u can go 20% > 40% with the In store item, how do you get the 40% > 60% increase? Any takers?? Thanks!! :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Origin store. Theres the 7 char slot with upgraded storage and a plain storage upgrade.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Origin store. Theres the 7 char slot with upgraded storage and a plain storage upgrade.
i feel like i tried that, and it gave me like "you already have this upgrade" message

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to acct management and see if you have the 2.

upload_2018-1-6_2-16-55.png

7th char slot and 2007 storage upgrade.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
High seas is the other increase, do you have that expansion de Leet? Our accounts are also at 40% without it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the Homes and Castles sub forum here on stratics amd then the "large homes" post.
*warning, picture intensive

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another option is just to type....
'Ultima online Keeps' into google then look at the images tab

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
open the house sign go to storage you will see how much % storage you have on the house menu

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you say customize I do hope your not talking of going into the customize menu .... great way to loose a keep....
when I move into a new castle I do the sort the junk routine. Sorta like when you pack to move in RL.
Different chests stacks on a wall and I take each bag and box and do the sorting before I deco the place.
You would not believe the duplicate bags of thing you will find and stuff you thought you tossed out but was hidden under a second bag... GL.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
to have 60% You need all 3
  • Mondains Legacy
  • Bank Storage
  • High Seas
We've been asking Forever the devs to let us either access the dead zones of the keep, or make the whole 24x24 area available to lock things down. Just like you can lock down things on the castle courtyards, let us do the same on Keeps or Give us an option to go full 24x24 Plot!!

I asked few months ago at the M&G and Mesanna said that would be possible for sure to change that.
that would allow us the dead spaces and be able to secure/Lock things down..

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
to have 60% You need all 3
  • Mondains Legacy
  • Bank Storage
  • High Seas
We've been asking Forever the devs to let us either access the dead zones of the keep, or make the whole 24x24 area available to lock things down. Just like you can lock down things on the castle courtyards, let us do the same on Keeps or Give us an option to go full 24x24 Plot!!

I asked few months ago at the M&G and Mesanna said that would be possible for sure to change that.
that would allow us the dead spaces and be able to secure/Lock things down..

What's seriously even more annoying about those spaces is that once upon a time you could mark in there. Now you can't and if you mark the spots and place over them you get instantly ported to a "safe location" out front. Very sad.

What they need to do is just either add some sort of teleporter fake door to them so you can get in there... or add a door either in the front rooms or back rooms or what have you...

Personally I'd put a wall in the center of that back empty space... making those two back rooms larger... remove the stairs from the front rooms and add doors to them from the first room.... and open them all the way back.... making 2 L shaped rooms off the front... but that's me.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OT but I used to have a keep that had a wandering healer spawn regularly inside the dead zone. Somewhere on some hard drive is a pic of me telling the healer "It will put the lotions on its skin!" Then one day the healer stopped spawning inside and the keep was worthless :)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
What's seriously even more annoying about those spaces is that once upon a time you could mark in there. Now you can't and if you mark the spots and place over them you get instantly ported to a "safe location" out front. Very sad.

What they need to do is just either add some sort of teleporter fake door to them so you can get in there... or add a door either in the front rooms or back rooms or what have you...

Personally I'd put a wall in the center of that back empty space... making those two back rooms larger... remove the stairs from the front rooms and add doors to them from the first room.... and open them all the way back.... making 2 L shaped rooms off the front... but that's me.

Mesanna said on the M&G that it is possible to make that area "able" to lock and secure things, I would be fine with just that for now, Not that hard to access those place and lock a teleporter, all they need to do is the same as they did with the castle, when you couldn't lock anything on the courtyards , so just make the whole 24x24 area part of the house.

and She also said, No she will not let us customize the current Keep design, because it is a "classic" and old "template" and bla bla bla. I would love to be able to just convert to a plain 24x24

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mesanna said on the M&G that it is possible to make that area "able" to lock and secure things, I would be fine with just that for now, Not that hard to access those place and lock a teleporter, all they need to do is the same as they did with the castle, when you couldn't lock anything on the courtyards , so just make the whole 24x24 area part of the house.

and She also said, No she will not let us customize the current Keep design, because it is a "classic" and old "template" and bla bla bla. I would love to be able to just convert to a plain 24x24
Oh I agree I'd love to just customize a 24x24 plot as well.... I could make a much nicer keep that way.

But I'm going to be real serious here... I wouldn't care to own either a Keep or a Castle.... If I could get the storage of them in an 18x18.

If I could just add storage I wouldn't care to own the Keep or Castle.

I've suggested MULTIPLE times that they should find a way to add a storage bonus like a "basement" which they could just add an area that is in the black where you put some sort of "Teleporter" (something that looks like a trap door or a hole with a ladder sticking out of it or just some runic thing like we have in another color) in your house and teleport to a basement you can custom 1 level that would add the storage of say another 18x18 even... And you get a castle size plot to custom... or whatever...

If they added some serious storage options people wouldn't want the keep and castle.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Storage issues .. thought this was on use of keep areas that are unused and dumb.
Mind you I have had keeps over the years and still have a few..
id have loved to change the first floor and get rid of the gaps.... but in a talk with the very same Mesanna..
She said they couldn't fiddle with the classic houses this included keeps and castles. This had to do with the old code or something like it.
Now I use to have a rune to the castles inner baily and roof of a few of mine on different shards. Those were made null. Even had a rune to one now dropped keep's bare areas.
To make it a lock down area and part of the keep she would need to do the very same thing they did to castles to make the inner area usefull.

As for storage...
While the jewelry box does do some good... even thought its bugged like mad.
Fix the bugs and we are golden.
There is a lot the team can do for the future...
Pay attention Dev..
Stop once you work on a gift or addition to the game in the way of items and think if it can be stacked.. the gingerbread cookie comes to mind..

Also think of what in game still needs to be made stackable. If you need help ASK US!!! I am quite sure we can give you a large list.

Then there is the lowly Bulk order book..
I can show you a good reason to make the book a single item count rather then the 4/1 bod count it is today.
Even just raising the ratio of the number of bods to the item count of the book would be better then nothing!
The book hold 500 bods for goodness sake.. to fill it to the fullest you must be bare naked...
I am uncomfortable having my tailor run around even in her own home bare!
If you cant see your way to make the book no matter the content as 1 item count then might I suggest 25/1 as the spread.
@25 to 1 item count would cut back a lot of the storage needed and make the book fillable and have my ladys keep their clothes on!

I am sure I have forgot a few things but again the players can fill you a book load of things they would love to have stack... all it takes is to ask them.