• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion Thread: What shall we do in 2008?

G

Tis a new year!
(well, for most of us. Catch up, the rest of ye!)

So, let us have it!
Suggestions for player-run events!
Major points to nag the dev team about all year!
New approaches to things!
*pictures a team of PK bards strumming as they kill*

Oh, and feel free to start a "what shall we moan about in 2008" thread for all the negativity. This is a CONSTRUCTIVE thread!

G

The Circle of Flames will bring dueling back. I promise this.

G

I think during crazy @ss luna fights each side should allow a "champion" to come forward and call someone out for a 1v1 duel.

I

imported_mo'gluk

ooo that actually sounds cool

I am all for that idea only allowed to call one duel an hour or something

G

The most useful change to the game in 2007 was the unblessings, imho. This greatly balanced the playing field in PvP.

While I'm grumbling about it now, I thing the BOS changes were also very good for the long term in reducing inflation.

However, there's one major imbalance left in PvP - tamers. I've been working a discord-peace tamer to try to balance the situation by killing their pets, but it only works occasionally. Pet-balls and the logout/in trick allow the tamers to save their pets much too easily.

Furthermore, the insta-kill that comes with a Pet-ball/all-kill/last-target macro makes these tamers almost impossible to combat on the field. Just look at the top faction point holders and that tells you everything.

Thus, I suggest we lobby the devs to remove petballs and the logout/in trick. This will eliminate the petball-kills and make it more difficult for tamers to keep their pets alive in pvp.

Alternatively, timers or modifications to the petballs that would limit their use in pvp (such as not being able to use them when in the heat of battle or otherwise flagged) would be almost as effective.