• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Tamer's Vendors.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings all,

Not sure if anyone has come up with an idea like this but I'd like to see if it'll work n what u fellow tamers think?

Since I started playing the role of a tamer 2~3yrs ago, I've been taming lots of tameable pets which I've come across nice ones and started selling them on my shard forum. Even helped new players tame a few rideables. And so I've been thinking, what if we had vendors that help sell the pets which we tame?

Because I know how sometimes its fustrating for players to be searching the streets for tamers to help them tame giant beetles or llamas or swamp dragons. Or even players looking for other nice pets. So wouldnt it be nice if we could all just walk up to a tamer's vendor and buy whichever pet we are searching for? And also sell nice pets to ppl who'll really want them?

This is what I've thought of what the vendor would be like but of course u can contribute ur suggestions as well.

- Tamer vendor contracts purchased from bankers as other contracts are also sold there.
- We can then transfer the pets to the vendor placed in our homes and the vendor would ask us for prices to set to be sold at.
- To view the pet stats, I was thinking perhaps the pets will turn into contracts or gump menus listing all the pets being sold and when u double click on it, it will show the stats of that pet. Or the pet will turn into statue graphics in the vendor bags which in this case u can also see the color of the pet in a statue form.
- And of course with the new vendor fee system, if some are worried bout using it for extra stable storage, we wouldnt worry too much bout it coz it's also a good way for a gold sink, no?

So what else have I missed? Hopefully this idea might agreeable to us tamers, since I also tame lots of pets and have no fast way selling the nice ones to good owners when they need them.

Well fellow tamers, ur inputs on this idea are welcome. :)

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice to be able to put pets on a pet vendor. I could see people using it as a method of getting around pet stable slots, but I guess they could limit the number of pets that the vendor could hold. Maybe tie the vendor to the tamer and limit the number of pets to the taming, lore, and vet skills of the tamer, and any pet placed on vendor would become unbonded.

U

uoBuoY

This idea has been suggested many times before exactly because it is a great idea but the Devs have not acknowledge it's value/worth. Too bad!

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, figured it should've been suggested b4 but what an idea it should've been. :p

I really dont see why it cant be done. *ponders*

And yes, they wouldnt bond when left on the pet vendor plus putting a limit of pet being sold on the vendor would keep it under misusage contol.

Oh and btw, I see the stable masters NPC have the "sell" option, which got me wondering whatever is it we could sell to them *shrugs*

Cheers.

G

gramarye

Would be nice to be able to put pets on a pet vendor. I could see people using it as a method of getting around pet stable slots, but I guess they could limit the number of pets that the vendor could hold. Maybe tie the vendor to the tamer and limit the number of pets to the taming, lore, and vet skills of the tamer, and any pet placed on vendor would become unbonded.
Easy to fix. Have the vendor only able to sell pets ALREADY in stable, rather than additional pets. That way you can't have more pets than stable slots and might even encourage ppl to gain in tame, lore, vet to increase slots.

W

Warrior of Time

I think the pets that could be sold would help curb someone using it for a slot. Make it only pets that can be had by anyone. and sold in the un bonded condoned. Horse, llama. swam dragon, squirrel, chicken, goat, and ferrets. Sell them in crystal form like the squirrel, ferret, and dog. Crystal form they are useless, they can be moved from one vendor to another. (Most can't tame a swampy, who wants to take a un bonded pet through Serp hold to a house on fire if you can't gate. Just to let it die before you can stable it. It may be kept as a crystal sure but when the egg is hatched it un bonded, what good is it other than to stable and wait a week. No one wants to keep a un bonded pet as a follower very long. Un tamer people could then get things like the blue or gold beetles. Both will be needed now and in UO/SA.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been discussed and debated endlessly for years.

IMHO the only way it wouldn't be exploited for more stable slots would be to leave the pet in the stable and sell a deed for it. The deed could be bought and redeemed from any stable master, once redeemed the pet would be removed from your stable and transferred automatically.

The deed could also have the basic Lore charts so you could see the stats before purchasing.

Tamers with inscription could make and sell the empty pet deeds.