• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion regarding subscription model.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey folks.

I saw a commercial in tv for a phone company with a family plan they have, basically making subscriptions cheaper the more you have. This concept could effectively work for uo as well.

Example:
1 account: normal price
2 accounts: 33c discount per month per account (or the equvilent an extra day via gametime per 30 days)
3 accounts: 66c discount per month per account (or the equvilent two extra days via gametime per 30 days)
... So on and so forth up to a maximum discount eligability of the accounts a master account can hold (10).. numbers is just something i throw out there, and not neseserelly those.

This would make individual accounts cheaper for players, which would in term:
- Incentive to open or reopen more accounts
- less likely to deactivevate accounts

Which would (i believe) more than enough, cover the discount given to the individual account (per account income loss)

Anyways.. I am just tossing the idea out there..

Have a good Sunday!
- Gilmour

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah. Don't get me started on subscriptions. I love the F2P model with a cosmetic micro-transaction store. I've spent nearly $2500 in the past 2 years on F2P games. Yet I come back to UO and have barely spent $100 in a month because there is nothing to buy in game on the store.

Stop charging me 14/mo and for expansions and for in game purchases. Drop the subscription.. completely. Boost the inventory in the in game store. Give us things like more backpack pack storage, more bank storage, more housing storage, more vanity clothing, etc.

Ok.. I give up. I'll let it go. I just can't believe that SWtOR and UO are the only games that still push a sub.. well.. I guess I can.. cause they're both EA

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gah. Don't get me started on subscriptions. I love the F2P model with a cosmetic micro-transaction store. I've spent nearly $2500 in the past 2 years on F2P games. Yet I come back to UO and have barely spent $100 in a month because there is nothing to buy in game on the store.

Stop charging me 14/mo and for expansions and for in game purchases. Drop the subscription.. completely. Boost the inventory in the in game store. Give us things like more backpack pack storage, more bank storage, more housing storage, more vanity clothing, etc.

Ok.. I give up. I'll let it go. I just can't believe that SWtOR and UO are the only games that still push a sub.. well.. I guess I can.. cause they're both EA
Did WOW go F2P

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have to agree ftp seems like they would pull in more revenue.
As long as they add a lot of items in the in game store like ps lesser artys etc.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish they would put better house deco in the store, I've tons of deco items from years past on Chessie I'd love to buy for Siege. Most of it you can't get anymore because they only gave it out once or the rares people whined to much.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calling wow f2p is the equvilent of limiting a version of uo to only roam ilshenar and capping skills at 60.. more like time-unlimited demo..

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think WoW is free for 20 or 30 levels or something, not sure, never played it. SOE did some research on sub v's free when they were deciding whether to make EQ2 free to play. They found on average people spent more per month in 'free' games with a decent store than they did on a subscription.