• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

suggestion on warrior and armor

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi all,

i come back some months ago and it's a lot of time i dont use my warrior...
here are the skill:

120 anatomy
61.5 chivalry
120 fencing
56,6 focus
115 healing
93.2 parrying
115 tactics

i need suggestion on which armor i have to buy/find...
I mean which stats i need to fight PVM (not pvp)?

hope to receive some advice

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back.

Regarding templates
All I can tell you is that many templates are possible and viable, and that you just need to find one that works best for you and for the character.

So the first thing I will tell you is that regardless of what I tell you, find what works for you, and many others will disagree with part, or all, of my suggestions.

You seem to already know the basic warrior skills you need. Some people prefer Resist to Parry, some like both, some (like you) favor Parry. Some like Bushido instead of Chivalry, some like both.

Regarding armor
I'd say the essentials are as follows.

• All 70s in resists. (If you can't have everything, start with this and work your way up.)
  • Either Intelligence/Mana increase OR LMC OR both. (To chain special moves.)
Remember the following about armor that, as a returning player, you may have missed.
  • Non-meddable armor made by a tailor reduces some Stamina damage and increases your LMC cap a lot.
  • Non-meddable armor made by a blacksmith reduces even more Stamina damage and increases your LMC cap a bit.
  • Meddable armor made by anyone does not reduce Stamina damage, does not increase your LMC cap, but of course lets you regenerate your mana faster.
So it's a trade-off.

Now Regarding stats (and also a little more on armor)
Now you might've expected either Dexterity/Stamina or Strength bonuses to be among the essentials and that's reasonable but to my mind you have more room to play with if you start with those abilities being high naturally. For example before power scrolls you might start with

• Strength 100
  • Dexterity 100
  • Intelligence 25

and then use items to compensate for low-ish intelligence. Of course later on you should strive to have Dexterity as high as possible for healing times and wiggle room on swing speed.

For weapons
Something with armor ignore. You need mana leach, again for special move purposes. Remember that faster weapons leach less but can hit faster with lower Dexterity/Stamina. Go for 100% damage increase between your weapon, armor, and jewelry. Remember that DI means less with a weapon with lower base damage -- but that doesn't mean it means nothing, just that it means less.

You'll eventually need all super-slayer types for maximum viability, but that will likely come once you can hire a crafter. And by then you'll know what works, and does not work, for you and your character.

I'd advise one-handed weapons with a shield until and unless you get Bushido and/or switch our Parry for Resist or something like that. If you go that route, it becomes more of a personal decision.

Again welcome back and good luck. Feel free to ask any questions.

-John's player

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Welcome to the game, and pretty much what John said. Also there is one ton of very specific info on the warrior forum, for warriors of different specialties, stats, gear, weapons.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx a lot John, almost thnigs i know but when i read again its a pleasure, so thx!
Now i have to balance max my attack and defence points
with armor that have stamina/dex/str increase and stam/hit point genereation and defence

so now the difficult thing for me is to find a nice armor suit that dont cost me a fortune :D

anyway thx a lot for your time :thumbup:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Don't spend lot of gold on armor. It will come slowly. You will definitely get gear nowdays from things like mini-bosses, events, net tosses etc. Just be there and loot till the cows come home. Choose and pick stuff for your armor and stash some stuff for later to make a better suit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The amount of Stamina you need is determined by your weapon type and SSI.

Here are swing speed calculators: 1.5 is the max.

UO Stratics - Combat
SSI Calc | Knuckleheads.dk

Armor:

You want armor that gets your resists to 70 as said above. But you also want to get regens and stats on the armor.

Dexxers look for something like this:
upload_2019-8-18_12-8-20.png

The main ones for dexxers have max of: +dex 5 +stam 10 +LMC 10 Regens +4

Armor like the above with > 15 in each resist is very expensive. PvPers also use them...

I use a mix of arties and Crafted armor.

I use britches of warding, gloves of feudal grip, and either mace and shield or prismatic lenses. Then the rest I craft. Crafted gorget, chest, arms. You may not be able to get all 70 resist so like me you may need 1 of those pieces with higher resist.

A cheaper suit:
You can use 2 pieces of +15 all resists and craft the rest. This guy has 2 pieces with high resists that I built around. The helm is great but he does not get an arty headpiece.
His suit is built around these two armor pieces:
upload_2019-8-18_12-24-56.png

I do not have fancy talismans so I like that type orb for my dexxers.

LMC:
Most want to try for 55. The guy above has 55 because of the studded and plate pieces with the rest crafted studded. Building a template with good damage and a weapon going at the fastest speed you can usually keep your mana up while spamming specials. Mana regen with Whirlwind is easy. Its fighting 1 mob where you may lose mana.

Weapon:
I have a macer that is similar to your build. He uses 5 crafted pieces and Britches.
I have never found a weapon better than I can craft. Mine look something like this:
upload_2019-8-18_12-39-14.png

That is your armor and stats that will get you to all 70s resist and SSI at maximum. I like slow hard hitting weapons so my stamina needs to be 210. If you use slower weapons you can use 180 stamina and get to max speed. That makes the suit have more mana and easier to build.

You have a ring, bracelet and shield that can help you get more skills, DCI, HCI,DI,SSI.

Jumus cloak is a great dexxer item and either obi or CC for your waist.

I Imbue the jewels last to get the missing stats/skills.

Someone else can weigh in on skills and tactics. There are many that can help you there.

with armor that have stamina/dex/str increase and stam/hit point genereation and defence
That would be great! But PvPers want dex and str on armor so you best build around just dex and mana and if you find str also its a bonus.

Bandages are your HP regen and life leech on weapon.

Last edited:

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ho well, all of you give me really a lot of info
thanks a lot for this, now its time to build it :)

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I almost forgot another basic thing: Hit Chance Increase and (to a lesser but important degree) Defense Chance Increase.

You aren't going to get very far if you get hit more often than you hit.

I go for those mostly on jewelry and a shield but others will get it other ways.

-John's player