• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

suggestion on faction points & items

A

Aia

OK we all know the point system is... a mess. I'm not going to go into that. What I do want to get into are the pvp'ers in factions, but who don't play factions. We all know who they are and they drive me nuts. "Hey, will you help run sigs/defend?" "Naw, I'm good." *runs off after purchasing faction item* :gun:

What I'd like to see is the tying together of the faction system with points. Here's my suggestion:

The decay rate of faction points should depend on the number of towns your faction owns. So the more towns your faction owns, the less the decay rate. If your faction doesn't own any towns, the decay rate percentage needs to be jacked up rather high.

Of course my above suggestion won't work with the current sigil timers... but I have hopes that that will go away eventually... pretty please?

H

Hell Raiser

Not sure if that would work as you envision as most shards have one or two factions much larger than the others. and would of course own the towns. The smaller factions would then lose players to defection so they too could enjoy the faster regen of skill stats. And that is only one problem to work around.
However I agree that there ought to be a sort of Standard S.O.P. for each faction with an *automatic* bonus/disaplinary action based on certain aspects of Faction events and time the char actually was in game which the char could have participated. This would definately have to include the taking of and defence of towns and Faction Strongholds
I think this very hard to do but well worth the result. Once co-operation within the Faction's guilds is created I believe more and more would join.
S.O.P.s could even be developed for each Faction based on its own theme.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone who has played the factions for a very long time, I can tell you this system wouldn't work. The system has to be dumbed down.. exactly how it used to be but the devs have to fix the minor problems that were there.

1. The points bottoming out at -6 was fair, but there needs to be a passive regeneration of your points when you are in negatives to get people back up to zero. Lets face it, when points ment something there were people who played factions for years and only got beyond 1 or 2 points when they got the last hit on someone who had 50 - 60 points (giving them 5 or 6 points for the kill). No, the reward didn't reflect the skill of the people who were at -6 but it sure as hell made their day/week when they got into the positives. With a passive regeneration of the points while people are in the negatives, this will not only keep people who do not usually get that much points in the positive point hunt it will also pump more points into the system, but not too much, certainly not as much as there are now in the factions. It will keep the higher end pvpers getting points that they deserve. I can tell you from years of experience, its sucks ass when you killed 10 - 15 people a day and get 1 or 2 points, and then die and lose 6 or 7. (i'm talking about the old system, not the current one because its a joke).

2. Inactive players/accounts MUST be removed from the factions. The dead accounts need to be removed from all calculations from the factions to make sure no dead accounts are holding ranked positions.

3. Ranks need to be fixed. They are broke, they have been broke, and I'm pretty sure for all these years people have been begging for the ranks to be fixed. Some people join and are instantly rank 10, some aren't. Some people get rank bugged where they will be a certain rank no matter how much or how little points they have. There needs to be a finite number of rank 10's, rank 9's, etc..

4. Points for stealing sigs wasn't a bad idea. But they need to be separate from the kill points or they need to significantly less. I think all thieves should be put into an entirely different point system in addition to the kill point system. So when they said show score, they would get 2 numbers. One being kill points, the 2nd being stealing points or what ever you want to call them. 10 points per sigs could reflect how dead your shard is just as easy as how slick of a thief you are. To give thieves kill points for stealing sigs kind of waters down the kill points to pure pvpers.

Points should mean something. When they did, it really did add to the factions for some people like myself. These changes are the factions best bet.

Now adding the items into the mix is an entirely different thing. They ****ed the factioners in adding all this ****.. They did. If the devs cannot see it, well **** them... It just goes to show how pvpers have no representation among the devs. and if any of the Devs are a pvper they are most likely one of the ****** bag stealth archers that sit at the yew gates and talk **** after they dismount someone and allow them to get ganked by 10 reds.

To fix the items in the factions first have to remove the items from tram. Trammies did nothing for the factions, they earned nothing, they deserve nothing.. If they did participate then they can use the items they earned... while they are in Fel.

2. You NEED to raise the silver cost per faction item.
Rank 1 - 10k silver
Rank 2 - 20k silver
Rank 3 - 30k silver
Rank 4 - 40k Silver
Rank 5 - 50k Silver

Don't say wa wa wa, Silver is hard to get because it isn't. I could farm like 2k in 15 minutes in some spots. These factions items should be hard to earn and hard to buy because they are the best items in the game and give you the biggest advantages.

As it stands you can join the factions, kill a friends alt and get points and wear all the items in tram just that simple.. Or you can spend hours and hours and hours trying to kill get real crimmies, ornis, inquis, crystallines, and glasses... So which is it? exploit the pvpers and hide in tram or try and spend time earning it?

3. You need to make it so people can only buy the rank 3, 4 and 5 faction items and faction bandages while your faction owns the towns. The rank 3, 4 and 5 items cost more for a reason, they are better. Most people will try and use them, so these people who are trying to use them should be participating in raiding and defending.

4. Add the balance system back in...... Jack asses,, I don't know who or why they took it out but for the love of ****ing god a ****** could have seen the problems with removing the balance system. The funny thing is, I think they removed the balance system because it was broken, because of the inactive accounts that were taking up faction spots which was throwing off the system. So instead of fixing something they just scraped it.. o m g. amateurs... There needs to be balance, there needs to be limitations to prevent zergs.

Anyway, servers are up, I gotta go kill people.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aia, I don't care for the idea of having the point decay rate tied to town ownership. It just seems like it would lead to way too many situations especially on shards with smaller populations, where everyone jumps into just the top two factions. If you can't make friends with the folks in those two factions, then you will just stay out of factions. We have enough of those situations now; I'd hate to see something added that just makes it worse. It's one of the things I worry about if factions morphs from a four-sided system into just a two-sided system.

Since Cardell did a nice job of discussion a lot of point-related issues, I thought I'd throw out a few more issues to see what folks think. I hope you don't mind, Aia!

What do you think about being able to transfer points among characters?

How about point decay--supposedly your points shouldn't decay until you have 10 points or more, but that doesn't seem to be true. Is decay once you get into positive numbers a good idea or a bad one? Does it serve as an incentive to keep you out and fighting?

Some folks have discussed giving points to the crafter and/or the placer of traps if the trap actually causes a death? This never happened before but I've heard hints it's happening now. If so, is it a good idea or a bad idea?

What do you think about the point bonus areas or the idea of pitting TB/COM against SL/Minax for extra points? Keep or scrap?

And for the folks on Siege and Mugen, what about their unique rule for losing kill points if you kill a faction mate?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd scrap that extra points for COM/TB vs Minax/SL. Its garbage and it just inflates the points.... The whole event just blew imo.

I'd like to see crafters (tinkerers) get some recognition though.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd scrap that extra points for COM/TB vs Minax/SL. Its garbage and it just inflates the points.... The whole event just blew imo.

I'd like to see crafters (tinkerers) get some recognition though.
I had a post in Uhall not sure if you saw it, but I think they should tie the faction artifacts back to a crafting skill for faction crafters. Get the recipies off of faction spawn.

When you have the recipe you can attempt to make the item in a faction town that your faction controls. It should still cost a lot of silver to make them in addition to normal resources. This would make faction crafters worthwhile.

H

Hell Raiser

Yes I agree with most, if not all, of what Cardell had to say but still feel theme oriented Faction SOPs would enhance factions. They could be Posted in each Base and include much of what is being discussed here, telling faction members what the system offers them as well as what is required of the individual as well as the particular Faction as a whole.

I don't like the idea of double or triple pts for good verse evil but a title similar to that from Champ Spawns might work.
Lynk is right make the faction items craftable.
I also agree that items should cost a lot of silver but as an added security silver should not be allowed outside of Fel, it is a faction item and should remain out of the hands of non-factioners.

Up in the air on point transfers.

A

Aia

The devs should be reading this forum for ideas, the suggestions rock!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs should be reading this forum for ideas, the suggestions rock!
ya.. amazingly enough good suggestions have been on these forums for last... 6+? years... They are all trammies thou, and don't like to come into the fel forums.