• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion For Player Created Tamed Creatures Vendor

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiyas Fellow Tamers,

I, Dar of TOT, would like to suggest & share my plan to create a Tamed Animal/Creatures Vendor.

I shall name my Tamed Animal/Creature vendor Dar's StableMaster. I shall place books upon the vendor describing each "pet."

All skills & stat numbers will be included, color (if any), and its name and price.

Purchasers may buy the book and exchange it with Dar for the Pet.

What think my fellow Tamers. Does this sound like a viable plan???

Dar of TOT

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm,

Well, it didnt occur to me that books on a vendor might be unopenable/readable. I obviously must research that.

If I can work that out, yes the price of the book would be the price of the pet.

I don't believe I will have any problems with folks trusting Dar.

Dar of TOT

P

pgcd

I had an idea along similar lines a while ago (in ideas' den). The two main differences are that I didn't think about a middleman NPC but opted for a "statuette" or deed, and that you had to use Animal Lore to check the stats on the statuette - the only thing a layman could see is the color of the pet.

G

Could you simply lock the book down at your house with the info and instructions? (envisions stable themed deco).

You'd need to use ICQ or PM's to set up transfers but no vendor issues.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiyas Friend,

Your option seems the best. I saw another vendor who was using a book locked down at his feet similarly to what I intend. So the Pet Info will go into the Book along with contact info and we shall see how this works.

Thank you for your reply, as well as for all the others who have replied.

Dar of ToT