• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion for MoD in EA-Land

G

So we know there are many new players in TC3 and EA-Land - and many players from the old production cities are now in EA-Land who never tested in TC3.

And with new players those pesky scammers are just waiting to swoop ...

I think it would be great to have a Message of the Day reminding people of the wonderful house deeds and why they should never attempt to buy a lot without using them.

From listening to conversations ingame, its kind of scary the number of players that have no idea that house deeds exist ...

Polly

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Great idea, but how many days should this message run? In all likelihood, someone will fall for this scam again next month because the buyer is unaware.

Scammers exist because many people have no clue what they are doing and they can be taken advantage of easily.

G

How bout an in game mailer outlining some changes that way it wont matter when they login.

C

calvinscreeksim

how about when you click on a trade a message will pop up automatically that gives the details of what different trades are possible. Boohoo if you have to click X when it pops up if you already know about the details, but it could lead to questions from the buyer if a scam is in progress and could prevent the scam happening in the first place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Great idea, but how many days should this message run? In all likelihood, someone will fall for this scam again next month because the buyer is unaware.

Scammers exist because many people have no clue what they are doing and they can be taken advantage of easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe key information like this could be broadcast once or twice a week for over a month or so - its key right now because of so many new players/players from production cities etc.

Agreed and I know you're very much of the opinion that players need to educate themselves - I completely agree. But with SO much new information about the game around, its not always easy for people to find things out - and the more that can be done to help the better.

Its all very well saying read the blog and read stratics - but with 300 new posts here everytime I log in plus a whole bunch of new stuff on the blog, its hard for some people to keep up - and the old news gets forgotten about.

Random MoD messages to help educate new players won't stop scammers, but it might help spread the word of ways to avoid being scammed. Add to that random MoDs about reporting scammers on an immediate basis, every little helps.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

how about when you click on a trade a message will pop up automatically that gives the details of what different trades are possible. Boohoo if you have to click X when it pops up if you already know about the details, but it could lead to questions from the buyer if a scam is in progress and could prevent the scam happening in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea. To add to it, I'd also like to see a popup everytime you land at a store. Between a store popup and a trade mode popup, EVERYBODY will be warned. I can see how it would get annoying, so perhaps there should be a way to disable them. (Note: They would come automatically ENABLED, so that everybody is warned.)

G

I like that idea... but most the part about being able to disable it like the Tips when you first start...

also, for those of us not on during the day and we miss a lot of the message broadcasts... if they could send them to each off-line players mail box. Man, that would help cut back a lot of rumors too. I don't know how many times I get misleading info from someone telling me their version of the the broadcasts.

just and idea....

H

HoTDeViL

i know its silly to mention second life again. but they have a good way for messages. while teleporting (entering a lot in ea-land) it shows different texts above the loading bar. this would be a way to tell people some hints tipps and warnings