• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion Archer Chiv Tamer

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone. suggestion please...
I want a alternative tamer tamplate can i use in most situation.

for starting i think this
Taming 120
An.Lore 120
Archery 120
Magery 100
Anatomy 100
Chiv 90
Meditation 70

what do you think?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have thought of trying it out some day also. Looks fun and switching out that anatomy for
tactics would give it access to special moves with bows.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tactics also does more damage than Anatomy. Also, have you thought about a Thrower/Tamer instead. It allows you to move at mounted speeds (flying) whie having a 5 slot pet fighting?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. Tactics for specials.
Can use hunters headdress and despicable quiver for 25 archery points.
A non medable suit. You build an archer with taming and lore. Use focus instead of meditation.

Why magery? You travel with chiv. You try not to need healing. Your bow will do a lot more damage than the pet. Concentrate on that.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You dont need magery for heals and cures of your pet, chivalry is good enough. Also, you dont need a spell-channelling bow for chiv, freeing a mod on your bow.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Taming
120 Lore
GM Vet
95-GM Archery (Hunters Headdress+Despicable Quiver)
GM Tact
GM Anat
80 Chiv

Can use a Disco+CB Triton to debuff the opponent's Energy Resist, as you use a 100% Energy Repeating Crossbow for Double Shots. HLA/HLD/HML/HSL/DI on the Repeating Crossbow. The HML can be used to maintain Consume Damage as well. With 180+ Stam, you won't need SSI on the bow (so you can have higher HML), also applies if you get SSI from your Jewelry. Try to get Slayers from Cameos if you have them.

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It takes alot, but i run with 860 skills. Hunters, despicable quiver, taming talisman and jewels(dangerous)

115 taming, lore, archery.
Gm magery(reduced to 80 with bow, need to find one thats better)
90 vet, healing, anat
80 chiv
60 tactics.

Lets me raise pet, heal with bandies. Gate and mark runes. It is tight, and expensive.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a tamer with
120 taming
120 lore
cant down this
in soulstone have tactics 100

I would prefer to use at least these parameters

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, 120 taming and lore(240)
95 archery (hunters and despic quiver, 120)
90 vet(use enhanced bandies to raise,)
(425)
80 chiv
60 tactics
(565)
Healing at 90 (655)
Anat at 65 (720) with jewels to bring it up to 90.

Should let you do everything you want.

AOE pet for spawns, and Chiv/Ai pet for bosses/em events.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can switch healing with magery for add versatility?

Inviato dal mio SM-J530F utilizzando Tapatalk

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
thatll make it harder to build the suit as well as its not much value added imo for what ur driving for. a fully trained pet and casting EoO, cons wep, slayer popping shots over the back of ur pet will do more dmg than any magery option.

and like draza said, using enhanced aids gives +10 in vet and healing so a free 20 points for nothn.