• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SUGESTION: Crafting (equip upgrading)

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hello I was talking in game with someone about you all still working on crafting and was hoping that maybe you'ld include equipment upgrading so thought i'ld suggest it.

basically it'ld be taking a lower level requirement item and upgrading it to a higher level. (possibly even quality tier upgrading aswell)

Example I really like the web-coated equips you can get from the crypts. but they are for level 15-20'ish skill levels. I'm now over level 30 so would be needing to farm/replace them with better gear. or make do with lower boosts from items and keep it...

so it would be nice if I could level up in some crafting skills and use mats to upgrade them. the level requirement of the skills would increase aswell as the stat bonus's the pieces gave. so say my gloves require lvl 15 necro if I was too upgrade them then they would require level 20 and gain improved stat bonus's.

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
oh? hhmm was talking to someone that's usualy pretty knowledgeable but guess they didn't realize this.

what skills do you use to do this? I myself haven't looked too much into non-combat skills yet. focusing on getting combat skills up so can more easily farm and do favor quests before I start on other things. and so can make money easier.

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hmm I talked to them and they said you mean blacksmithing. and that it only increases the armor stat. what I was suggesting was a slight increase on all bonus's why upgrade something that gives +5 to get more armor when can go farm an equip higher lvl and get something that gives +12

now they did say they haven't leveled it yet so maybe at higher levels you get better upgrades?

Illywing

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You can already do this....
Be nice, Grem, lol. Your ellipses are a little demeaning like it was a stupid thing for awol to bring up. No need for that :) I think maybe you misread this post? He wants to take the gear he already found and then upgrade it through crafting skills, instead of making his own or finding more.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
You can currently find recipes to do some different things to your gear. The "free" ones that are easily obtained are blacksmithing armor increases, but you can also boost the % elemental defenses, evasion chance, and even the number of pockets (inventory slots). Right now the two skills that are most useful for adjusting items are blacksmithing and tailoring.

We'll do more with item enhancement in the future, there's a lot of plans (including a fairly elaborate "intelligent item" system) down the road!

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
so I will be able to get say the web armor from crypt and keep upgrading it threw to end game (I guess I heard it's 125) ? awesome :) good to know.