• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Subsidized Properties?

E

ephemeral

I have a question for the knowledgeable folks...

Are some of the properties in EA-Land (Skill houses and Money houses) subsidized by EA? IOW, are some of these places being supported by EA for costs of skill/money objects, etc.

It just seems to me that the cost of these objects is so high, the costs of property and building is so high (considering how low payouts are, relatively speaking), that I can't see how these places popped up with so many objects so quickly.

Also, how are these people paying for repair/replacement of broken objects considering the costs to repair/replace and considering that they are no longer receiving bonuses for visitors? That means that operating costs of these places are coming directly out of the owners/roomies pockets--they can't be self-supporting. I can't believe these people are buying that many Simoleans from the ATM's, and they can't be earning that much at the money houses--payouts aren't great enough and they wouldn't have the time anyway since they have their houses open constantly.

G

I know one of the owners of a top $ lot told me it costs them about 12k per full day to keep the lot open. However they have an amazing group of roomies who all pitch in and they work in shifts. Wich means during their off time they can go make money. I know of ALOT of people using the ATMs as well. The cost to run a top 10 lot is crazy. Some people do tip yes, wish more did! But tips alone wont keep those sort of lots going. I am one of the few who think people should charge for food and keep tips for just that tipping good service...IMHO.

G

We rely on tips, sim jobs, and lots of everybody pitching in to help. Its not easy, but we manage. I get a few large tips here and there from regulars, but most people either don't bother, or they put in between $1 - $25. I don't think people realize how much money we put into keeping the place open!

As for the ATMs, I cannot afford to pay for the game AND pay for money in the game, so I haven't used them. I think our owner has ONCE, but that was it.

One thing we sometimes end up doing is hiding broken stuff until we can call the repairman. Its lots cheaper that way. Naturally we can't do that if its a major item like both fridges, or both stoves or something, but with other stuff, we keep lots of extras, just in case.

I used to pizza running 2 sims also, which helped with money a bit. This was before the payout dropped, so I dunno how much it will help me now. We shall see.

***Note*** All of the sims that live at our place are real people. No TSO ppl, bots, etc.

P

PJ EST

Yes I don't have a top house, but I logged off for 24 hours and my roomies were keeping the lot open the whole time for me (just this one instance lol). I came back and landed and the maid charged me 700 simoleans for just dropping by and cleaning a few times within a real human day. 24 hours of maids on this game costs 700 for minimal cleaning I screamed? LOL I am glad I had 700 in my pocket, and wanted to fire the maid immediately. And my lot doesn't have alot of objects that are breaking being used all the time. Stores price things and they don't go bad but when i call the repairman he charges 100 every time, cause it's at least 2 hrs every time I need him to fix things.

G

Being a roomie in the #1 Money House, I can tell you that nothing is subsidized by EA. It is all done by teamwork, I spend anywhere from 2 to 3k per 3 hour shift just keeping the fridge stocked and the numberous repair bills from breaking objects. The older they get the more often they break. I am lucky to get 500 in tips during that 3 hour shift, not complaining just stating fact, I know we are all broke. Money objects are so expensive to replace, you have to just keep repairing them, unless you can find a place selling out inventory cheap. I jam alot and have another sim that runs a store which helps, in the store I mainly buy sim inventories to give my customers good deals and I have had a couple friends donate to the cause as well
) ty. While some items in the catalog are cheap, the items we use everyday are not. I have resorted to using the atm's a couple times (even though they are not pink...lol) ... even though I swore to myself I would never resort to that, when I found myself seriously broke and needed some pocket change I have gone to them.....I say pocket change because w/the economy and after the fees charged for money, your 4481 doesn't go very far. Anywho, just letting you know the cold hard truth to your question from a roomie at a #1 money houses point of view
Happy Thursday y'all.

G

All roomies should own a couple of the jam tables.

When I jam, I am able to make 6-8 jams before I must green. The owner of the table gets 1§ per jam. Then I eat for 4§. So it should more or less break even in a money house.

(Edit: Or am I wrong? Has that bonus been removed?)

G

I haven't received any bonus, not sure if there is a kickback for folks using the jam tables or not, they were already in the house when I moved in. Food costs 24 per plate and we put 2 plates out most times, unless we are serenading guests and the flies get the left overs. When there is no food out, there are unhappy guests and the many FOOD PLEASE requests, etc. When your working a top house that is full 99% of the time, you don't have much time to jam during your shift if at all. There are always needs, serenading takes a good bit of time and then cooking and lets not forget we need to squeeze in time for greening ourselves. Most of our roomies don't break even w/stocking fridge, repair and all. Again, I am not complaining, I love hosting, but being a good hostess costs money. Sure it would cost less if we didn't make sure food was up every 10mins and we just hid everything that broke, but then it would fall on another roomie or the owner and what kind of host or team player would that make us? Believe me when I tell you that we don't break even
In any event it all comes out of our sim pockets.

G

<blockquote><hr>

All roomies should own a couple of the jam tables.

When I jam, I am able to make 6-8 jams before I must green. The owner of the table gets 1§ per jam. Then I eat for 4§. So it should more or less break even in a money house.

(Edit: Or am I wrong? Has that bonus been removed?)

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no kickback anymore from any kindof money item. They changed that togheter when AV merged.

B

B Rain

youre lucky you have some money to pay her. on my recent merged sim from one of the cities, i forgot to fire her before the merge. get on my property, fire her with $0 dollar in my pocket... she break one of my stuff on lot!! lmao that hurts and funny at the same time.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I have a question for the knowledgeable folks...

Are some of the properties in EA-Land (Skill houses and Money houses) subsidized by EA? IOW, are some of these places being supported by EA for costs of skill/money objects, etc.

It just seems to me that the cost of these objects is so high, the costs of property and building is so high (considering how low payouts are, relatively speaking), that I can't see how these places popped up with so many objects so quickly.

Also, how are these people paying for repair/replacement of broken objects considering the costs to repair/replace and considering that they are no longer receiving bonuses for visitors? That means that operating costs of these places are coming directly out of the owners/roomies pockets--they can't be self-supporting. I can't believe these people are buying that many Simoleans from the ATM's, and they can't be earning that much at the money houses--payouts aren't great enough and they wouldn't have the time anyway since they have their houses open constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the city first opened the lots were only $300 and it was real cheap to furnish, nothing like the prices out there today. Also payouts were a little bit higher and doing pizza usually averaged around $700 per round...Dang..those were the good ole days lol.

G

Sit back, grab a soda and snack, here's how we did it and still doing it...

As owner of the Nr.1 money house in EAL, here's our story.

The land I got as a present by a Misterious Lady who gave it to me. Back then properties costed 600. It was a size 2 lot. Upgrading the lot I did after playing pizza alot to a size 6.

Then I saved up 15K to start building. Wich made me broke in no time.

Most of our items at thehouse, came from sims taking the bullet train. Other items were given from our friends and guests as an opening present. Including toilets, showers... you know... needful things lol I'm sure many of regular guests remember our first day open, standing in line to use the bathroom lmao

Myself and all the roomies from the first day pitched in everything we could and had. We knew most of eachother already from hosting at the Sexcellent Chef skill house.

Along the way to become Nr.1 we bought more CC chairs, remoddeled the house a bit for more comfort and added the backyard.

We are in no way sponsord by EA. Keeping the house running 24hrs a day cost our team between 10K-12K. This includes everything, from food to maid costs.
We do not serve a buffet, never will. And since we're having a full house 22hrs from the 23.5hrs being open, the fridges are eating most of our money.
Yes, we serve food as soon one plate runs empty, so we try to have food rdy for every sim that likes to eat when they want without having to ask for it. (I know, except when I'm slacking again!
)

Only income we get from our guests are tips. We never will ask for them, everyone is free to tip or not, and we never will treat someone diffrent for doing it or not either.

As my roomie Clair already mentioned, jamming while hosting... well if you can make 5 jams during your shift... you made a ton! LOL

I cant complain about it, we al like to host and its my favorite part of the game. Being open 24hrs a day to give a service to everyone wanting to come make money gives me a thrill. Thats why we're doing it. That it cost so much money to keep the house on its feet, thats something we all have to deal with.

And to end my story... We have so many wonderful guests helping out, its unbelievable! To many to name them.. Thank you guys! We're happy to be hopping for you all!

G

Bravo!!!! Well said
You all make hosting fun, yes even you Max...hehehehe Thank you all for making my time online fly and enjoyable, you guys are awesome....Bunny out...lol