• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Subscription message

• Thread starter imported_sedusa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_sedusa

As of this morning I entered EA-Land Beta with no problems on both accounts, but after leaving the first lot I entered I got this message:

free player reminder
subscribe today to enjoy more of EA-Land.
subscribe no thanks

I chose to subscribe for one sim just to see what would happen and this is what I see after logging in to the website that comes up:

EA Land
EA Land Registration | Not Registered

The Sims Online
The Sims Online Registration | Registered

What should I do? Do I subscribe to EA-Land and cancel the The Sims Online subscription or just ignore this for now, I am confused. And if I do cancel the TSO subscription will I lose access altogether, Help!

Mods: If this should be moved to different location then please do so I couldnt find which or what to move it to, thank you!

I

imported_sedusa

It's a first for me, but I've just discovered the message comes up everytime I leave a lot.

B

B Jordan

I've gotten it as well, clicked subscribe just to see, brought me to log in to my account.

I can't subscribe to EA Land if I tried. Why is it separate from TSO anyway?

I

imported_sedusa

I was wondering that too, maybe its something they plan to change in the future, but thats just my guess I dont know for sure.

I

imported_SimTripps

I think there was Parizad response in a recent thread where she said they were 'working on it'. I'm assuming that once the merge is here, the 'Sims Online' subscription data will be removed and will be replaced with the 'EA Land' one, and all our accounts will be updated. So if you're a current paid TSO subscriber, it will soon show that you're a paid subscriber to EA Land.

G

TTL

Please post your errors in the Tech Forum, if you haven't already and keep this thread for discussion.

Thanks

I

imported_remflyer

I am getting this message every time I leave a lot. I clicked no thanks since I am already a subscriber. Early this morning before maintenance after clicking no thanks when I went to switch sims on my account the game would not let me back in because it told me I was not subscribed to the game. After maintenance I was able to get back in but again I am getting this stupid message every time I leave a lot. Now I'm afraid to log out because I might not be able to get back in again.

F

frogger2

yup same thing happened to me you would think they would be more on top of thses things lol

M

MonaLittlemore

I have gotten the mesage to everytime I leave a lot ..Havent clicked on it ..Justsaid no thanks

G

Yesterday when they tried to add the free accts to EAL it didnt work. I asked Luc about this last night, he said they will try to fix it today.

I

imported_Danny Dots

yeah i get the same message when i leave a lot as well

M

MonaLittlemore

I just reactivated a old account ..It wont let me make a sim in EAland and in TC3 I am a visitor ..And ideas ?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

I just reactivated a old account ..It wont let me make a sim in EAland and in TC3 I am a visitor ..And ideas ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think updates to account status are instant. There still seems to be a bug in the subscriber/visitor system. I would hope they are working on this problem. It may just be a delay between getting information from accounting and updating your status with morning maintenance. Watch for it to change over the next few days and if it does not, definitely report the problem.

C

charmintp00

I'm getting this message when I try to enter a property...I can't get in anywhere!! The strange thing is that with one account it happens every time and with my other account it's only happened once.

G

as of this afternoon, I've been receiving the same subscribe message as well. I've been subscribed for 3 mos now. I've been clicking "no thanks" and all has been fine so far. I just hope it stays that way.