• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Subscribe but no Avatar yet...

Y

YadaSc

How does this work.. I know a peep that has subscribed so he can be a founder.. He needs a new laptop to play and won't get one untill April.. so will he still be a founder b/c he already is paying or does he need an avatar to get his founders badge before April 1 ? Or will he get the founder badge after he logs in April and makes an Avatar ? Plzz help !

G

Is there a way that he can log onto his account from somebody else's computer just long enough to create his avatars? That would be the safest thing, IMO because the founder status will be given by account, however all anniversary objects delivered with amnesty will only go to created avatars, so anybody who doesn't have the maximum allowable in EAL and TC3 will receive less issuance of anniversary gifts. There's still plenty of time though since the deadline isn't until April 30th, so surely he could find a friend that plays that would let him log into his account on their computer, or alternatively since there's no avatars on the account anyway he could give a trusted friend his login and pw, have them create the avatars, and then IMMEDIATELY change his password, deleting the billing info BEFORE he turns the account over and putting it back after the password has been changed. That way even if he does trust the wrong person, with no billing info on the account the stealer of the account would have to plug in their own billing info to get any more than a month's playing time out of it.

F

festrmentmagnet

"To be considered an EA-Land Founder you must have had an active paying account (subscription or game time card) after July 1, 2007 and before April 30, 2008."

So, I'd say as long as he is in that time frame as a subscriber, once he actually makes an avatar, then he'll have the founder symbol.

Or, maybe he'd could log on at someone else's computer who has EALand downloaded already and make an avatar.

Then, the avatar will be earning the weekly bonus and skill locks while he waits to get his own computer.

Y

YadaSc

thanks
I thought that was how it had to be done.. He used to play but was called away with the war.. he just got back. He is a Marine
I was thinking the due date was April 1.. this is even better