• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Drakes

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I raised a Stygian Drake from 4 to 5 today and I think it'll remain in the stables.
Do they spawn as 3 slot? That may help.
There's nowhere near enough points.
Oh, and the magery mastery was treat training it at the burning mage... Getting hit for 226 sucks!

Anyone else finish one?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No the slots are same. They are also 100% physical damage. Hiryus and Giant Beetles and many more pets are 100% physical.

They have a few color patterns.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stygian Drakes can spawn with up to 824 STR, and start with Magery Mastery. Stygian Drakes also have a unique AI, in that they'll occasionally chug Potions for some reason, even when tame. You can hear them chug one every now and then, especially when they get low on health.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Stygian Drakes can spawn with up to 824 STR, and start with Magery Mastery. Stygian Drakes also have a unique AI, in that they'll occasionally chug Potions for some reason, even when tame. You can hear them chug one every now and then, especially when they get low on health.
That is so cool. I wonder if they do chug potions if they have non-magery magics?

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was able to get a red with 825 STR, and yes, it chugged pots as well... unsure what the effect was as I was non stop healing the damn thing. Oh well... next

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was able to get a red with 825 STR, and yes, it chugged pots as well... unsure what the effect was as I was non stop healing the damn thing. Oh well... next
You have to get the skills to GM. Parry helps a lot. Then see if there is a difference.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Got me there... Working the pet to 5 slot is one thing, skilling it up is another... Which is why I have a full stable of "trained" non-skilled pets I suppose.
I do although have a Cu with 120 Wrestling, Med, and Focus... Does that count? :)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Training anything but the "magic" abilities is very fast and easy with whisper?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Training anything but the "magic" abilities is very fast and easy with whisper?
I thought magics train faster with whisper also..All magics, but they train slowly, slower than skills, and they do require mana of course for casting or they will not train. I hope this is correct.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She said it correctly. Others are fast and easy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unrelated subject : Does Bushido train on the shadow ele, as well as poisoning?
Everything can if they use the skill. I dont know how high. I leave shadow eles when melee skills are done. Slugs slow down on magic skills around 95. But if you stay for hours it gains...

Destard is better when poison is above 80.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Unrelated subject : Does Bushido train on the shadow ele, as well as poisoning?
Poisoning and bushido, as well as chivalry can be trained on the shadow ele. I personally have not trained chiv there but seen others doing that. But I have recently (last weekend) trained poisoning (fire beetle) and bushido (greater hiryu) on the shadow ele.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I cant stand to be there when melee is done. I hate Skilling.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Sorry to bump an old thread.

Do the stygian drakes come with dragon breath?

If not, it seems to me these would be better than my pre-patch dragon. I'm curious about the whole potion drinking thing, that's pretty unique for pets.

What are their resists like after taming?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do the stygian drakes come with dragon breath?

upload_2018-9-26_17-56-31.png

What are their resists like after taming?

upload_2018-9-26_17-55-34.png

SouthPaw

Lore Master
With 825 STR and no dragon breath these guys are better than my pre-patch dragon. Also my dragon had 0 physical resist for some reason so I had to put a lot of TP into fixing that. Nice that their 3 highest resists are the 3 they need most too. I know some people don't like magery mastery, but I have it on my unicorn and like it, not as much as chiv, but it's OK.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Just farmed a blue one with 823 str (close enough to cap for me). Has 70 physical/fire/energy resist too. Once leveled up this guy will have better stats than my pre-patch dragon (801 str) and no fire breath. Ugly as hell, but still better.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So they keep the str. I didn't post that page in case it dropped when tame. 100% physical flapper. Ill pass.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I tamed one with 823 STR that has pretty good resists.
While waiting for him to bond I tamed another to test with that has 822 STR, but a little lower resists than the first one; leveled him up to 5 slots today and now he has:

Armor Ignore
Chivalry
Max base damage
150 Stamina
500 HP
474 Mana
454 Intelligence
80 Physical/Fire/Energy Resist (other 2 are pretty low)
23 Mana regen
340 TP for scrolls (120 wrestling,chiv, magic resist, parry)

With bless he has 904 STR. I really tried to stretch his points. When my main one bonds he'll have maybe 100 more TP because he has better base resists. Would've been nice to max mana regen and poison resist and get 600 HP, but the TP just isn't there. I checked the mana regen calc, very small difference between 30 and 23 mana regen, having 454 INT helps. If I had 1 more training round he would be amazing. Debating going with 110 or 115 wrestling instead of 120 to save TP to use elsewhere. Might spend some more time farming them to get one with max resists-or as close as possible to max. Has the potential to hit like a freight train.

Baal-Draco. *D*

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are these still used for PvM?
Also with Chiv and AI? Or is there a build with the Magery mastery?
I got a pretty nice one, but I got no idea how to spend the 1501 points.

Thanx

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I use one Stygian Drake for pirates on my Archer. Not trained (but I have Provo buff running in party) And my Archer still can ride swampy to be able to use double shot from Yumi and for damage reducing (or lesser Hiryu for grasping claw) Drake needs only 85 taming / lore which achievable with 50 real skill + 2* imbued jewels + Library talisman . Tell pet to guard you one time and switch to other gear. If you have Mark of travesty (expensive), you will need 40 real taming /lore .
Another Stygian drake is waiting to bond on a thrower.