• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Abyss

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read that after the current storyline the following one will introduce Stygian Abyss.

Does this mean the release is close ? How close ?

I have stayed away from the game over a year but Stygian Abyss may get me back in UO.

Question is, if I wanted to start preparing getting back to play right now, anticipating Stygian Abyss, what is there for me to know ?

I used to enjoy Ultima Online for crafting, then crafting became impossible or much worse with all the crap from the Peerless Bosses that one could only hunt in group and not alone.

There my interest in UO started fading away as I could no longer get the ingredients for my crafting on my own. Eventually I stopped playing as not being able to do competitive crafting because I could not go to Peerless on my own and I did not want to have to rely on groups, so I just stopped playing althougether.

I hear now that Stygian Abyss has a revamp of crafting due to Gargoyles Master ability as fine crafters.

But crafters of what ? With what skills and using what ingredients ?

If I wanted to prepare in advance learning skills which will be necessary, to enhance my Stygian Abyss crafting, what skills would I need to learn NOW ?

What raw materials should I start stocking up NOW that will be much needed for crafting when Stygian Abyss will finally be released ?

Anyone knows ? I tried looking at the official web site but could not find much in this regards.

Thank you.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What should you do now to prepare?

- Mining skill to get stone that gargoyles love so much, and to get special gems.

- Lumberjack and carpenter skill. Masonry skill is tied to carpentry.

- Arms lore.

- Leave a character slot open to make a new gargoyle. Or maybe plan for a 7th slot. You will need 2 crafters on an account to fit in all the crafting group skills. Buy a couple soul stone fragments. Maybe 3 crafters: One mining/metal, one wood/carpenter, and one for mysticism/imbuing?

- Do NOT save up a stash of junk weps to unravel. Unravelling can only take you up to 25% imbuing, and a new char can start with 50 skill. Only save the top weapons and armor with 4 properties at 100% or more.

- Get a group of friends for your top hunter to work champ spawns with in Tokuno and Ilshenar. New ingredients are sure to come from some SA champ or peerless system.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What should you do now to prepare?

- Mining skill to get stone that gargoyles love so much, and to get special gems.

Why ? What are stone and gems going to be needed for with Gargoyles ?

- Lumberjack and carpenter skill. Masonry skill is tied to carpentry.

- Arms lore.

How will these skills be used ? For what ?

- Do NOT save up a stash of junk weps to unravel. Unravelling can only take you up to 25% imbuing, and a new char can start with 50 skill. Only save the top weapons and armor with 4 properties at 100% or more.
Will Inbuing be a 100 or 120 points skill ?
Also, I have read the sticky Inbuing clarification file but rather than making things more clear I am even more confused.

I just want to know in simple words what items and materials I should start worrying put on a side from now and I did not quite get this answer.
I read a generic reference to "perfect emeralds, peerless like ingredients, ingredients from epic encounters, etc." and that does not help me much.

Can anyone please give me in simple words a list of what raw materials currently already existing will be needed ?

I do not like the reference about peerless like ingredients or from epic encounters, though. All these are group hunting and that is a no-no for me. I just do not like having to fight with others for looting rights or access to boss hunting.
I much prefer hunting in the peace of my own pace and timings.

If these materials will be necessary and only obtainable from group hunting I guess I won't be able to go back to UO not even with Stygian Abyss, unfortunately.

By the way, time back before I stopped playing I remember talks of adding the special Peerless ingredients also to treasure chests or chests from fishing.
Has this ever been done ?

If so I may have a chance to get those materials I need not from bosses but on my own from treausre hunts or from fishing.

- Get a group of friends for your top hunter to work champ spawns with in Tokuno and Ilshenar. New ingredients are sure to come from some SA champ or peerless system.
This I will not be able to do. I just enjoy hunting on my own. I like social for crafting deals but the hunting I do not like to rely on anyone else but myself.

If I still need Peerless ingredients also for Cargoyle crafting this means I will not buy the addition and not get back to play UO I am afraid.

I want to get my resources on my own, without others, I just hate with all myself all that looting rights crap. If I cannot hunt and loot my targets and I have to hunt in a group for resources and be subject to looting rights I prefer not to play at all.

G

Green Meanie

What ive taken away from what ive read there will be peerlious ingredents gems you can just buy the special gems that can only be mined the luberjack ingredents needed to enhance an item.

Also you will have to collect items and unraval them to get materials.

Gargoyals are supposed to from what ive heard be able to wear stone armor hence the masonry mention