• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Abyss- Human to Gargoyle Quest ?

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When SA comes out will people be able to change their race to a gargoyle by doing some sort of quest ?

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To memory, the official answer to this is currently "no".

To which the response from the community was, "so with SA, we'll all be getting more character slots, right?"

Can't remember if there was ever an answer to that...

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There really needs to be a way to switch. If wewant a garg crafter we can stone the skills, but since we have dumped a lot of time and money into recepies, we need a way to either transfer these abilities too or a way to simply turn our current crafter into a garg.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To memory, the official answer to this is currently "no".

To which the response from the community was, "so with SA, we'll all be getting more character slots, right?"

Can't remember if there was ever an answer to that...
Funny story, that.

When we first announced SA we were so excited to say "Oh hey! In *this* expansion we're not doing that whole find-your-lost-heritage thing where you have to feed the entire Elven kingdom and trek across all creation to embrace your lost bloodline. No quest, no conversion! Cool huh?" To which the community response, if I remember correctly was: WHHHhhhhaaaattttttt????!!!!

As you can imagine, we've reversed our position on that :p

Not saying it'll necessarily be quest - there'll be a way to convert your characters though.

K

kokopelli

Guess that means we can buy a make-me-gargoyle code at uogamecodes.com soon... ;)

T

Tazar

Funny story, that.

When we first announced SA we were so excited to say "Oh hey! In *this* expansion we're not doing that whole find-your-lost-heritage thing where you have to feed the entire Elven kingdom and trek across all creation to embrace your lost bloodline. No quest, no conversion! Cool huh?" To which the community response, if I remember correctly was: WHHHhhhhaaaattttttt????!!!!

Not saying it'll necessarily be quest - there'll be a way to convert your characters though.
Race Change Tokens - $19.95 at uogamecodes.com... :lick:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*tries to imagine an explanation on changing a human into a gargoyle or gargoyle into a human*
Now turning a human into an elf or elf into a human doesn't seem to be much change except skin tone and ears. But gargoyles are more than just that, they got wings and a lot more difference in appearance. Sooo....

Mad scientist (alchemist or mage)?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny story, that.

Oh!! How about letting us "grow" a little Gargoyle character from an egg? That would rock.

Maybe a mother gargoyle that we have to go to and convert into an egg and we get to play a gargoyle egg for a while choosing different "hatchling" choices that affect the way we look?

Ok nvm...i just remember the old tv movie really freaked me out.

D

Dain

Perhaps there will be a daily/weekly event where there's a chance to get bitten by an NPC gargoyle which will then slowly (perhaps over a week) change you into a gargoyle!

First thing to grow would be wings of course, everyone wants to be an elf/human with wings!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny story, that.Not saying it'll necessarily be quest - there'll be a way to convert your characters though.

You have to eat granite stones for a while and after some time your skin turns into stone and change you into a Gargoyle! ;)

S

Stupid Miner

Funny story, that.

Oh sweet! I don't have to keep my going-to-be-gargoyle char untrained (ready to delete) anymore.

And for the conversion... might i suggest a polymorph spell gone horribly wrong? :D

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be alot simpler than you are all making this, simply do (or do not) eat after midnight or ....get wet (umbrellas for gargoyles will be a necessity).

L

Lord Drakelord

Funny story, that.

And if you don't want a Gargoyle? I accept the elf thing, even allowing my daughter, back then, to change couple characters she was using to elf, but the rest of my 7 slots are human and plan to remain human. Will this penalize players like me that do not wish to have a Gargoyle? What will I lose, besides flying, ugly feet, and bat like wings? Will my human characters still be able to learn the new skills that are coming out or will they be "Gargoyle only"? I am assuming that a flying Gargoyle will not be able to call a greater dragon out of its stable? Seems I read flying was to be like if mounted?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's already been said that our humans and elves will be able to learn the new skills, they just won't be as good at it. There'll be a racial bonus for gargoyles.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Race Change Tokens - $19.95 at uogamecodes.com... :lick:
Please NO!!!

NO BUY anymore of these please!!!

We have to purchase Stygian Abyss and now we need to pay US$20.00 for another token for 1 char to convert to gargyole??

PLEASE NO!!!

Either it be a quest or a virtue path (in gargyole's point of view) that we need to fill to certain level to convert to gargyole..

Or even be realistic and live with the gargyoles in the Stygian Abyss for a long time and end up used to their living tradition and allow to transform into gargyole??

Whatever, something like this, but no PAY please.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you may be over-reaching with that interpretation of "not quite" - don't forget there are two parts to what is going on: SA the client and SA the content expansion.

F

Fink

Please NO!!!

NO BUY anymore of these please!!!

We have to purchase Stygian Abyss and now we need to pay US$20.00 for another token for 1 char to convert to gargyole??

PLEASE NO!!!

Either it be a quest or a virtue path (in gargyole's point of view) that we need to fill to certain level to convert to gargyole..

Or even be realistic and live with the gargyoles in the Stygian Abyss for a long time and end up used to their living tradition and allow to transform into gargyole??

Whatever, something like this, but no PAY please.
I would imagine there'd be at least one race change code as a pre-order gift or perhaps just included free with the purchase of the expansion. If not, now's the time to request it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know how it will work....

You go to this tavern in the Gargoyle lands, and order the special of the day...

A few hours later, your character will go into convulsions, collapse at the most inopportune time, and a baby gargoyle will burst from your corpse, complete with your skills and memories - and singing the song from the cartoon "One Froggy Evening"....

"Check, please!"

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know how it will work....

You go to this tavern in the Gargoyle lands, and order the special of the day...

A few hours later, your character will go into convulsions, collapse at the most inopportune time, and a baby gargoyle will burst from your corpse, complete with your skills and memories - and singing the song from the cartoon "One Froggy Evening"....

"Check, please!"
*Tries to imagine a small red humanoid bursting out from someone's insides, drenched in blood and complete with horns and batwings*

Erm...I think we need something less dramatic...How about a transmutation chamber? Payment to use the chamber has to be made in granite and sand...

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So there will be a way to get to a gargl? Im making a gargoyle guild in catskills and ive already had someone ask about it if they wanted to just change their original character. So plee-e-e-ase do!!
Then come join my guild if your in cats ;)

D

D'Amavir

Oh sweet! I don't have to keep my going-to-be-gargoyle char untrained (ready to delete) anymore.
I am with you. I started my 'gargoyle' character some time ago and I have already trained him up. I intentionally kept him away from other characters for the most part so its not seen as a 'human that just turned into a gargoyle'. I am glad they made the right decision on this one.

U

UONanook

And for the conversion... might i suggest a polymorph spell gone horribly wrong? :D
Don't we already sort of have this for gargoyles... my polymorphed gargoyle character cannot mine ...Hhhrrmmmm, a gargoyle cannot use a Gargoyle's Pick?

U

UONanook

I am with you. I started my 'gargoyle' character some time ago and I have already trained him up. I intentionally kept him away from other characters for the most part so its not seen as a 'human that just turned into a gargoyle'. I am glad they made the right decision on this one.
I was torn about this as well...my gargoyle is polymorphed for now but not in Delucia when mining but most of the miners that hang in Delucia on her shard understand what is going on...

F

Fink

Don't we already sort of have this for gargoyles... my polymorphed gargoyle character cannot mine ...Hhhrrmmmm, a gargoyle cannot use a Gargoyle's Pick?
Rather annoying, that.

Now that the polymorph spell is a toggle, it'd be great for allowing people to role-play.. which is fine until you actually want to *do* something; mining chickens are against union regulations, apparently.

Regarding ninja forms, I'd really like to play a bullfrog alchemist/poisoner, started the character on siege, sort of a noxious little thing.. can't have it, though. Had the RP all worked out, he was going to lick weapons as a means of applying the poison, etc.