• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Stuttering, jerky movement with the map.

G

gramarye

I'm using Pinco's UI, but the effect is the same with the default and has always been this way for me. Whenever I play with the map open my char's movement becomes choppy. My char doesn't really just stop, but the buttery-smooth movement I experience without the map is broken into a jerky, stuttering movement. I was hoping that someone might have an answer for me.

I have, of course, tried switching things off and on (foliage, window frame and so on) but to no effect.

Thanks for any help with this, as I love Pinco's map and would like to be able to use it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm using Pinco's UI, but the effect is the same with the default and has always been this way for me. Whenever I play with the map open my char's movement becomes choppy. My char doesn't really just stop, but the buttery-smooth movement I experience without the map is broken into a jerky, stuttering movement. I was hoping that someone might have an answer for me.

I have, of course, tried switching things off and on (foliage, window frame and so on) but to no effect.

Thanks for any help with this, as I love Pinco's map and would like to be able to use it.
Try to disable Uo cartographer from the options, this could cause a huge disk usage = lag.

G

gramarye

Thanks for the response, Pinco. This feature is already disabled, however, since the recent patch the stuttering movement has completely gone! Amazing, since this has been a problem for me, whenever I have the map opened, since the closed beta of sa. Thanks again for the reply.