• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid Vendor Prices

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yesterday i was browsing the Vendor Search and thought which moron is trying to sell a Mannequin deed for 750,003 gold. I'm selling them for 75,000 gold!

Today i restocked my vendors and found out who. It was me :wall:

Anyone have a similar story to tell?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yesterday i was browsing the Vendor Search and thought which moron is trying to sell a Mannequin deed for 750,003 gold. I'm selling them for 75,000 gold!

Today i restocked my vendors and found out who. It was me :wall:

Anyone have a similar story to tell?
I've VS something, got the map, used it, and teleported to my own house.....I had what I needed on my own vendor hahaha

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is a problem with the commision vendors, there is no penalty to over pricing items, so no self cleansing. No wonder the database gets saturated and the vendor search cannot perform.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is a problem with the commision vendors, there is no penalty to over pricing items, so no self cleansing. No wonder the database gets saturated and the vendor search cannot perform.
Tbh I think the problem with VS is that it isn't programmed correctly and/or they dont have cash for a new server. Games smaller and bigger have vendors/auction houses etc and they function correctly.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

JaxxVain

Adventurer
Way back in my day there was a patch that made house keys on vendors go from not for sale to 3gp. There were warnings for weeks. People used to keep there keys on vendors to avoid the pick-pockets. I feel bad now, but I looted a few Vanqs that day.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Current UO population is maybe 5% of what it once was. If VS cannot handle that, the problem is not with the commission vendors.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever the probs may be (not pointing fingers), its not the Amazon cloud servers. They have enough power to handle alot more population then we’ve seen in a long time.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
What does the population have to do with the number of items for sale?
i can’t be the only person to put almost all my belongings on commission vendors at 174999999gp just so I can find it easier in my house with VS open container.

just search for what you want and specify your unique price range.

patent pending

it’s free to do this.