• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid Question

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I am too lazy to look this up, so maybe someone could just answer...

...does Dex affect the speed of Vet, or just the skill level?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Thank you.

The reason I ask, is because I see tamers posting about using Bakes to tank. But if I put my Bake (58/89/60/56/59) on anything as powerful as a Greater Dragon or even a regular Hiru, she takes damage so fast I cannot keep her alive with just vet.

So I was wondering if the fact that I have the dex of a paraplegic had anything to do with it. :D

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FC/FCR jewels will help out for keeping the pets alive. Apply bandaids and cast greater heal while it's working. If you're at 2/6 this works very well. I've kept pets alive using this method when by rights both of us should probably have been dead.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I can manage to keep my Bake alive against higher end pets if I vet and cast greater heal...but I was curious because some people say they do it with just vetting.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tend to do it with just vetting because the kit my main tamer uses doesn't allow her to cast fast enough for chaining heals in the mix. And 120 vet/lore is usually enough for what I need. The only time I'll really change up her kit are for area affect mobs that I won't be able to vet around, in which case I might cast. But I do that infrequently now because I don't have med on my mage tamer :D

Wenchy