• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid moments

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sitting in my house i hear a call for a tamer to help kill a paragon dragon at destard entry.
I call out 'I'm coming' - teleport to destard - run in - dismount - Call 'all kill' and almost die.
I was sitting on my Ethereal Horse :wall: :wall::wall::gee:

anyone else got some stupid moments to share?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bought a used Scroll of Valiant Commendation once if that counts. Expensive deco at its time.

Blindly recalled the "Lich room" rune from Goodman's once and for all.

Wore my first 70s lrc suit a kind vet made for me down to 10 max durability within my first day because even at 0 durability I could still wear it (Before he shockingly met me again and told me).

Wasted 3 hours waiting for a Luna IDOC without getting anything from it.

Forgot to renew my account and had my house collapse :gee:

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Back in 2003, I was doing the Griselda the Hag quest, on the run up from the hag's house to Yew, looking for the body of the dead apprentice (which would be the next stop in the quest chain, as the imp would spawn, take a swipe at you, and disappear. You double click the corpse, and go back to report).

As I entered the area with the abandoned guard posts just south of Yew, two liches ran out of the woods and attacked me. I fought a running battle, not stopping. I killed one, and as the other died, it hit me and dropped me to zero health - but still alive (the game apparently either does fractional damage/HP, or i was in the process of popping back up to 1). However, I took one more step, relieved I was alive - and the imp spawned, hit me for 3 HP, and killed me.

I was killed by a yellow quest NPC/mob.

I was able to find a healer, go back and loot my body and the two liches, and click on the apprentice's corpse to continue the quest.
I later got my revenge, in old Magincia. I discovered that if you time blowing the whistle and yelling for the guards JUST right, you could guard-whack the imp (as it tried to attack you there too), and that doesn't affect the completion of the quest, either. For a while, it also worked at the West Brit Farm Imp location as well.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I came back to game I was in old clothing and siting on a PPMare Did not know about insurance and bonding pets left before that. I started to Recall to friends spots looking to see if any still played. Got half way down my rune book and recalled into a cliff was dead before the screen went from the black recall window. Forgot where the rune toke me to but lost everything that was not blessed and the Mare. there must have been 20 mages casting. I tried for a few times to get my items back but body was long gone and so was the Mare.

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Sitting in my house i hear a call for a tamer to help kill a paragon dragon at destard entry.
I call out 'I'm coming' - teleport to destard - run in - dismount - Call 'all kill' and almost die.
I was sitting on my Ethereal Horse :wall: :wall::wall::gee:

anyone else got some stupid moments to share?
When my guild mate says, "Uh, Maith. I think ... Maith you're blowing yourself up."

and I'm sitting over here wondering why nothing is dying but I'm getting hurt LOL

Miretar

Journeyman
It’s been our week.

first I died 3 times in less than 5 minutes in the Underworld. Two deaths occurred while trying to recover my body—which we finally gave up as a bad job. So we decided to go after merchant ships. After all, attacking merchant ships is safe, right? I boarded the ship which the words “At least if I die it’ll be easy to recover my body.” We got a little too close to to an orc ship and I went down due to poison.

Last night was even stupider.

We decided to explore Eodon. My Hubble wanted to to see dinos and he got his wish eventually. First we played whack a mole with the reds on the dragon turtle beach to do a quest and gave up in disgust.

Then we went off to find dinos.

We found then too just as a epic lag spike hit & we died almost instantaneously. Things rapidly went downhill from there. My husband couldn’t move for the next hour, remaining dead and frozen. No gm answered the page. I could move but there were no wandering shamans to heal me. The urali shamans ignored me. I wound up Unding down the road outside Brit till I found a healer. After an hour my husband could move again and was instantly rezzed by a shaman.