• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid is as stupid does. And boy, does it ever.

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

So I go and turn in all of my Halloween Candy, my 10th Anni armor (I never actively farmed it, so I didn't have nearly as much) and of course my boatloads of plague beast mutation cores (at 500 a piece, it was hardly worth it to drag and drop hundreds of them for very little reward).

So I got me my full Knight's Armor set! BOO YA!

I admired my toon wearing the cool armor, marvelling at the spiffy look (well, maybe not... really just ice white platemail), and contemplating all the work I went through to achieve this goal.

Top o' the world, ma!

Exactly 30 seconds later I stashed the thing in my tower, as my current armor is far, far superior. In fact, the armor for all my toons is far superior.

And I was left with this unpleasant question: why did I work so hard to get an item that is just gonna gather dust in my tower?

I think we both know the answer to that one question, perfectly summed up in just one word.

Idiocy.

L

Lord Drakelord

Ya I still like the virtue armor, better then the white set.

P

Prince Caspian

I was pondering that too -- I was like "hmmm the Virtue Set is just as good as this new set..."

And then I realized the Virtue set is BLESSED, whereas the Knights Armor is not.

I think I just got the latest "Redeemer" item in the game, if you catch my drift.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoulda gotten one of the other two sets.
The OP was probably working up piece by piece...if not, I agree, I guess...but I don't think any of the three sets are particularly worth having, especially due to the atrocity which is the Virtue suit (I'm still sore about blessed stealther/scouts ;P...want mah insure money from kills!).

But, to the OP, I wouldn't see it as a waste of time. And, note, the Redeemer is now repairable...so who knows ;P things change...

E

Eslake

If UO is around to see its .. oh... 20th anniversary, it will be like the Ranger bits new players used to get from tickets.. or phoenix armor.. or demon bone armor... .. . oh well it will look nice when you put it on display. ;)

I'm just going to get a set of sorcerer armor for training magery .. if I ever have to do that again. And the vitue tiles of course... and a hive or 3.. and.. argh!!!

C

Connor_Graham

Sell it. I haven't kept any of the armor that I've gotten other than a few select pieces I'm setting aside as a merchanting speculation, hoping they'll be worth quite a bit later on down the road once they're no longer available. Other than that, I've kept a grand total of 5 items from nearly 3mil points turned in, with the rest all being sold to fatten my bank box. You should do the same.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now PC, look on the bright side. You were a good little rat running the maze. Now curl up in your cozy special edition mouse hole for a much deserved nap before the next maze opens up and it is time to run again!

-Skylark

P.S. Keep that armor stashed in your tower long enough, and hope that it will be part of Spring Cleaning 2010 or something. :D

R

RavenWinterHawk

Now PC, look on the bright side. You were a good little rat running the maze. Now curl up in your cozy special edition mouse hole for a much deserved nap before the next maze opens up and it is time to run again!

-Skylark

P.S. Keep that armor stashed in your tower long enough, and hope that it will be part of Spring Cleaning 2010 or something. :D
Actually sell it fast.

The heritage token fiasco will drive prices down dang quick.

I am buying on the female pieces of the amour for collectablity.

and maybe off helm types.

T

T_Amon_from_work

I was pondering that too -- I was like "hmmm the Virtue Set is just as good as this new set..."

And then I realized the Virtue set is BLESSED, whereas the Knights Armor is not.

I think I just got the latest "Redeemer" item in the game, if you catch my drift.
With the help of one really super gal on LA I was able to complete a Virtue Set. Spin (my Paladin) looks really spiffy in it! But experimenting some with buffing up in it made me realize that the prior outfit I had on him was a bit more flexible. Those pieces weren't blessed but they were insured!

Soooooo, last night I decided Spin will go back to the nice matched Barbed Leather all 70s outfit. <shrug> The Virtue Set will be stashed away in the bank just incase.

If I could just sell that neat WHITE Stuffy Horse I have I wouldn't care ... only asking 40 mil on LA!

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I do like the fact the virtue set is blessed, but it is an 8 piece set. The new sets are all 6 piece, so you can use different pieces in the cloak and boot spot. I like the slightly more versatile new suits, even though they require insuring.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you expect you'd get from turning it tons of hoarded crap? ;-)

No really, You are not really surprised, are you? The specifics of the rewards have been published weeks in advanced. I'm satisfied with the Mouse statue and my nocturnal earrings, and that's it. My armor is good enough, the reward stuff is just collector's items or nice to look at. I, as a pirate, prefer dirty-colored leather armor anyway.

K

KoolAidAddict

So I go and turn in all of my Halloween Candy, my 10th Anni armor (I never actively farmed it, so I didn't have nearly as much) and of course my boatloads of plague beast mutation cores (at 500 a piece, it was hardly worth it to drag and drop hundreds of them for very little reward).

So I got me my full Knight's Armor set! BOO YA!

I admired my toon wearing the cool armor, marvelling at the spiffy look (well, maybe not... really just ice white platemail), and contemplating all the work I went through to achieve this goal.

Top o' the world, ma!

Exactly 30 seconds later I stashed the thing in my tower, as my current armor is far, far superior. In fact, the armor for all my toons is far superior.

And I was left with this unpleasant question: why did I work so hard to get an item that is just gonna gather dust in my tower?

I think we both know the answer to that one question, perfectly summed up in just one word.

Idiocy.
Hehe, but look at the bright (?) side......it got ya doin sumthin in UO no?
IMO too many people overly anticipate the "finish" instead of enjoying the "ride" in this game.
Im sorry your "finish" didnt live up to your expectation PC, and Im not being sarcastic.
Im still workin my fingers to the nub for the points I would like to get in order to have a suit and the ring/brace, but lemme tell ya, man, am I making good loot and havin a blast killin miasmas, so If I dont make it, whats that french word.....oh yeah......whatever!!
hehehe

PS.....sell it to me for 500k?
hehehe
har har har:D
Peace!

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you expect you'd get from turning it tons of hoarded crap? ;-)

No really, You are not really surprised, are you? The specifics of the rewards have been published weeks in advanced. I'm satisfied with the Mouse statue and my nocturnal earrings, and that's it. My armor is good enough, the reward stuff is just collector's items or nice to look at. I, as a pirate, prefer dirty-colored leather armor anyway.
exactly. you knew the stats on the armor before you went and spent your points on it! personally, i'm only going to get the luck set since it works for just about any suit. i also got a few alacrity scrolls previously because i like them :)

and about the mutation cores being worth 'only' 500 points... i had to drag chests of recipe scrolls for a measily 100 points o_O

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I am stuck in a similar situation having a museum I want the armor sets but the amount of work I will go through to get them because I lacked enough turn in items is almost enough to deter me from trying.

Anyone want to sell me the sets at a reasonable price?

But with points valued at 500k per 10k minimum right now I don't think there is a fair price for those sets.

I did buy a set of those luck jewels for 8m and it was totally worth the price the other sets however would not be worth 8m to me more like 1m per piece at most.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im all for fair prices!! sure iam ......

And i think 50g per point is silly too=== {100k point items for 5m)!!!

But i will sure buy up any 100k items for 1m !!! LOL.. ThAts downright taking the P**s .