• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stuff that stays in your mind for no apparent reason!

Rubber Superior

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Story time!

I used to have a character on Baja yonks ago called 'Meg the Hag' - After some time, they introduced 'Grizelda the Hag' and she became FAR more famous than me (for obvious reasons - as my hobby back then was only Alchemy and making poisened apples) and I decided to change my old Witch's name to 'Witchcraft' and changed Servers... I decided to move to Atlantic and who was the first person I encountered on Atlantic? - bloody Witch Craft (notice the space). They weren't amused! Their words precicely when they saw me were .. " You are f***ing kidding me!" ... I chuckled in my head thinking, 'Not my fault mate, blame Grizelda!' I persevered and went about my new business - Recall books, scrolls, the usual old school stuff...

Couple of years later, I came across the Minoc Moongate spot, placed a house, did a roaring trade, let it drop... placed it AGAIN a year or so later and the 'Easter Bunny' actually made my vendors a full set of clothes (which I was so PROUD of!). Still, I let it drop yet again when I'd 'had enough' and lost the lot.

Always regretted it. Doesn't matter, but still bugs me a little bit!

What's your tale of Woe?

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I remember a time I was "socially engineered" and it still annoys me to this day when I really get thinking about it. About 20 years ago, when I was obviously much younger and stupid'er, I stopped a random guy outside the Moonglow Inn/Stables just to ask him a question.

"Hey, do you know much about Sandals? I have a pair of sandals, and I can dye them different colours, isn't that rare and unusual?", this is me hoping I actually had something of value for a change, to sell and not be eternally skint.

To spare everyone the tedium of a long-winded approximation of dialogue: he socially engineered me into thinking the Sandals were in fact his (even though I'd never met the guy before), and threatened to call a GM on me if I didn't hand them over. Sufficed to say, I ended up handing them over :rolleyes:

I have another somewhat more entertaining story though, however terrifying it was for me at the time — this would be from my early days, around 2000-2001.

One day, I was being naughty and scouring a town dock for unlocked ships. To my delight, I found one. I jumped onboard, and for the first time ever I was sailing on the open sea, and learning how to steer a boat. About 20-30 minutes into my joy ride, the owner of the boat suddenly appears. He Kal Ort Por'd off his Ship Key — I had no idea that was even a thing at the time. I was terrified the guy would kill me and loot what little I had to my name, but to teach me a lesson for stealing his boat, he threw me a fishing rod and I ended up fishing on his vessel, giving him everything I could whip-up out the waters, for about an hour, before he finally released me back to shore.

I do believe that is the first and last time I ever stole someone's boat.