• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stuck on Pinco's UI Loading graphic

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail, Pinco and all!

One recent problem I'm encountering... the Loading graphic for the UI gets stuck on screen and does not disappear. I can still interact with the game behind the graphic to log out, but the graphic never clears.

This happens in 2 scenarios:

1. The first log in on a shard after a character transfer. (Also - the UI seems to automatically close the transfer crate on that first log in, so I have to log out and in again to get the transfer crate back up).

2. After changing settings on an established character, when the UI re-loads upon committing changes.

Sometimes a CTRL-R refresh of the UI makes the graphic go away. Other times, it does not.

FYI!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail, Pinco and all!

One recent problem I'm encountering... the Loading graphic for the UI gets stuck on screen and does not disappear. I can still interact with the game behind the graphic to log out, but the graphic never clears.

This happens in 2 scenarios:

1. The first log in on a shard after a character transfer. (Also - the UI seems to automatically close the transfer crate on that first log in, so I have to log out and in again to get the transfer crate back up).

2. After changing settings on an established character, when the UI re-loads upon committing changes.

Sometimes a CTRL-R refresh of the UI makes the graphic go away. Other times, it does not.

FYI!
some settings got it stuck, but without knowing what setting you have changed there is no way to test...

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the first scenario, it's a brand new character profile upon first login on a new shard (so, I haven't done anything yet but log in).

For the second scenario, it seems to happen on any change that automatically reloads the UI. I will make note and update this post with specific settings that I can verify cause it. I wish I was paying attention this past hour, and I just logged in every one of my toons to standardize their screen layouts, and it happened several times.

Thanks, Pinco!

jjcappe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have the same issue as well. Every time I log on I get stuck with the on loading screen. Is there any information I can provide to help come up with a solution?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same issue as well. Every time I log on I get stuck with the on loading screen. Is there any information I can provide to help come up with a solution?
your character profile is broken, get rid of it and it will work again...

jjcappe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry for being completely incompetent here, but how do I delete my character profile? Thanks for the help. Can't wait to be able to use the enhanced client again

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for being completely incompetent here, but how do I delete my character profile? Thanks for the help. Can't wait to be able to use the enhanced client again
You can find it in the "my documents" folder.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another workaround - Speaking seems to do the trick. I changed a user setting and the Loading graphic got stuck. I was with a pet, and when I said All Follow Me to lead it to a safe place where I could invis and log out/in to fix the UI, the graphic disappeared when I spoke. That has worked every time since.

Surely deleting character profiles fixes this, but setting up hotbars and macros again is undesirable. (Also, this happens to me on brand new profiles - so it doesn't always fix it).

Last edited: