• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stuck on a trade quest..

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What to do.. I killed all the ambushers..got an item but I didnt get my trade order back and its still burning here..been searching half Yew for some more ambusher but here is nothing. Its been burning for 20 min or so and I cant recall out , it say im still carrying a trade order ...

Siward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same here - exactly the same. And I'm 1000% sure I killed each and every single mob that spawned.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gaaah now i got all items from the crate back in my backpack and I can recall ! But why??? ..and its still burning here..

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same problem here killed all no item and it said my order expired got items back ? No cheat though

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did your fire burn out? here its still burning I hope it doesnt cause a forest fire this close to the city of Yew..

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna
Seems there are bugs with the quest.
-People reporting being ganked in Guard Zones as ambushers spawn and kill but they cannot fight back as you cannot cast in a guard zone.
-Trade orders not being returned as not all the mobs spawn, burning crates remain but no more mobs to kill.
-Kill all the mobs and burning crates vanish but trade order is not returned.

Any update on this? the guard zone one is quite a big issue is it not? Will Ambushers ONLY target you or will they go on a rampage?.....possible grief exploit issue.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Killed ambushers, no trade deal back and still burning here. Also Yew.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The exact same thing has happened to me on 3 of the 4 trade deals I have attempted. Very disappointed and not sure I'm going to waste anymore time on this arc since this seems par for the course to this point

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I tried 5 trade quest from different cities, kill the ambushers but don't get the trade quest chest back. About 10mins later all the trade items show up in my pack and I am not on a trade quest anymore.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
This justed happend to me too,killed everything and no chests returned to me,and the burning crates still here.

But luckily Mesanna was in chat so i asked her to come take a look,she came but didnt know what is happening,and all she said was they will look into it.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I got one quest in ok before I didn't make it through the guard zone in Britain. Ambushers ambush, our underpaid guards did their job, even without me asking and now I'm watching a burning wagon wishing I had some of Larisa's marshmallows to roast!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People stuck on quest are piling up on LS. Count me as one. :D

I am not stuck, it popped back. I didn't read the crier paper.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did 4 quests and never even got close to delivering one. Same problems as all the posts above. More release before ready and frustrate your players things huh?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've done 7 quest I could only finish 1 never found any unusual items
Fires still burning nothing else to kill timer runs out item from chest returns?

Are we supposed to do something with the fire chest ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice testing folks, lets hope any exploiting of this is kept to a minimum at least until it's fixed.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Meez goal is now to fil da Chessy land wit da burning wagons! Meez gonna show da false king wut meez can dooz iffn himz not gibez uszizn footwarmerz fur da meetingz!!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Remember this is part of the 20th anny Arc so was kinda supposed to be a surprise do they didn't want anyone testing it and spoiling all the fun...we are having fun...right? :)

@Kyronix I know you've probably seen already but ambushers spawning in guard zone = BAD ;)

I've done 4 now that have spawned in guard zone and those guards are QUICK! Not sure how to fix that...but it's not a good thing!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No testing = bugs.

This is why I face palmed when I read the original publish notes and why I jumped on TC1 when I heard arc content was live. There were a lot of bugs...

I understand wanting some things to be a surprise, but everything should be tested before being pushed out.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seems like this kinda stuff happening now tho, should be abe to be tested internally? Surely they ahve a private shard somewhere that they can test on

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It seems like they took it down AGAIN. I just logged into another account, and the option to get a paper from a herald is no longer available.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just had two of my monsters disappear on me. I don't know if it ran out of time or what as 900 seconds is fine (not enough time for me apparently) but there is no way to monitor or be released if they poof. I could only kill two on a more than capable character against other things.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No testing = bugs.

This is why I face palmed when I read the original publish notes and why I jumped on TC1 when I heard arc content was live. There were a lot of bugs...

I understand wanting some things to be a surprise, but everything should be tested before being pushed out.
Either that or hire someone that actually tests stuff.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just logged in and for 20 minutes cant get an ambush, im assuming its all off again. Jeez, can we get some freeshard coders hired to work on this code already....

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing a trade quest right now, already got an item from the last run. So that at least seems to be working for me.

But what burning chest are you talking about? And what is it with these damaged wagons I see along the road? Do they have anything to do with the quest?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Got an item from the first quest, but my chest was gone and I couldn't get it back, then it timed-out and I was left with just the contents. *sigh* This is pretty frustrating...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Also I walked all the way from Brit to Minoc city, then the mobs spawned and I couldn't cast because I was in town! Grrrr!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
working yet.. i simply have not got the time to waste doing something that is not working...uo time is limiited

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, it is working. Just an insanely low drop rate on deco event items, considering there are no new rewards for handing in the order.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killed all the ambushers. The burning goods are gone, but I didn't get my trade stuff back. How do you cancel a trade quest if you don't have the chest?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah this problem isn't fixed
happened twice to me, once to Dev, maybe twice.
Still needs a bit of touch up.
Drop rate bites too.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Mesanna
Seems there are bugs with the quest.
-People reporting being ganked in Guard Zones as ambushers spawn and kill but they cannot fight back as you cannot cast in a guard zone.
-Trade orders not being returned as not all the mobs spawn, burning crates remain but no more mobs to kill.
-Kill all the mobs and burning crates vanish but trade order is not returned.

Any update on this? the guard zone one is quite a big issue is it not? Will Ambushers ONLY target you or will they go on a rampage?.....possible grief exploit issue.
You can add:
Being teleported into the middle of a burning wagon and being stuck there on a melee char while the spawn surrounds the cart and casts on you. Glad I can wither the spawn down, def would suck for a sampire or pure melee char. Still though... you HAVE to kill the spawn to keep your order, SO WHAT'S THE POINT OF IT TELEPORTING YOU AT ALL? Also, wow, I keep tele scrolls on my char, would have been GREAT if I could use those to get out from being stuck by this buggy garbage. Srsly, what's the point of the mob teleporting you? And what's the big deal with using a teleport scroll while running an order?

Aaaaaand, corpses of your ambushers disappearing. Two hell hounds and a Kraken that I've killed, they've left no corpse upon death, just straight up disappearing.

Last edited: