• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stuck on A Keep Tile

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey all, just kinda sorda started playing the game again and am in the process of upgrading the floors on my keep with the new tiles. I think I more or less have the hang of it, but there is one stubborn spot on the North and West walls where I am having trouble putting a wall tile in. I have tried raising the floor tile up to where I want it, but the wall won't sit on it (I think the adjacent wall is on the same tile and blocking it maybe?). I've tried raising it up to the next level and lowering it too, but it won't go down far enough. I've tried to look at pics of other "custom" keeps to see if they have a wall in the same spot, but I'm having trouble finding the info I need. Sorry to add to the list of people having trouble with tiles in their keeps/castles, but I dug around on the forum first and couldn't really find the answer. I've attached a pic of the tile on the west side, but I have the same problem with the tile in the same area (right hand side) of the north side also.

Is it possible to fix this or do I just need to be creative about hiding it with curtains or something?

annoyingtile.jpg

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are know empty spots and I "think" this is one of them.

It is difficult for me to tell, but did you go outside and put the paver under the outside wall? If you did and raised it up enough, you should be able to use transparency and place a wall on that spot and then lower it down. What I do often it place a wall in an open spot, turn it to be a pillar and then place it as it helps being a little thinner. (only mentally I know!) What shard are you on? I can always pop over and try to help place it. I have also waited till I built the floor up above and lowered wall before. You could lower a short stone wall just for looks at the top spot if a full wall won't lower. I took down my keep, but I can also test/mess with that spot on my husband's keep too.

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I play on ATL, but I'm starting to think that you can't put anything there at all. I spent some more time digging around and looking at other peoples' designs, and everyone seems to have gaps in those same two spots. I covered it up in the North spot with one of those corner creeping vines and it seems to work okay. I don't know if I will keep it there but I'll keep messing with it. Christmas tree deeds seem to help cover a lot, and the keep will be Christmas-themed, so that might work too, I just need to redesign my staircase. I would be more than happy to let you try once I have the floor above finished (I'm going to keep all my "outside" tiles up until I finish the keep). I'll be on for a few more hours today doing the other tiles if you wanna pm me and meet up or something.

I've tried:
raising the stone tile to where I wanted then dropping the wall on it
raising the stone tile as high as I can, then lowering it
raising the stone tile a little higher than I wanted, then lowering it
also tried with a column/short wall, with no luck
(same as above, but with gozas, PLUS)
putting a wooden box on a goza, then chopping the box (box wouldn't sit on the tile or goza either, same as the wall)
placing deeds like Christmas trees or curtains

I like your short wall idea, but it doesn't totally cover everything as much as I would like. I think the vine or something similar might be best for the north so far, I haven't played with the west wall as much yet, just trying to get my other floor and wall tiles up first.

Syncros

Adventurer
I'd have to check my friends Keep I did but like Evianne said I dont think you can get the tile in there from top or bottom. I think I remember trying to lower it down and it just stops at the top of that wall.

Raising/lowering the house tiles was such a major PITA. I doubt I would ever do it again and wish the Devs would just make larger custom plot sizes alot with improving the custom house tool design/interface, it just gets so slow/buggy!

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Raising/lowering the house tiles was such a major PITA. I doubt I would ever do it again and wish the Devs would just make larger custom plot sizes alot with improving the custom house tool design/interface, it just gets so slow/buggy!
Ditto. It took me over a week to do all those stupid tiles. And the keep has such a terrible floor plan that my design is a lot blander than I would like, but all the stupid walls cover up half of what I want to decorate so I went for maximizing my deco/display space, rather than a cool design. It would be nice if circle of transparency would work on those tiles when they are locked down. I think that would help with a lot of the hassle of using them to build, and it would make it easier to do a nicer design.

I never got those empty spots to work either. I saw a couple posts where people managed to sneak it in on the north side by putting a door there and then closing it, but I couldn't get it to work. I even ripped up a good chunk of the floor above just trying to make it fit.

Delores D

Journeyman
I have a castle and I have added a wall in the main room from the south side of the door to the wall across to the
north. Right at the main castle door there is a gap and I have never gotten anything into it. On the larger side of the room where the stairs are I have made a kitchen. On the shorter side a sitting room with fireplace, and a couple couches. Sorry I am no good with pictures.

Damon Beasts

Journeyman
The space you are outlining will stay open. There is no way to get a wall there as technically there is a corner post already there.