• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Structurally sound in 2d but not in KR?

H

huskiblu

So I finally found a 18x18 on Pacific in Trammel. Yay! Well I went to edit it, and noticed in KR, the houses don't disappear so you can edit without them blocking. So I downloaded the 2d client, and did it in there. I made the design, then committed. Great. I went to KR, and noticed some floor tiles all look the same (dunno if this will be fixed in the future, I liked the different types). Well, I saw half my house was orange, stating it wasn't structurally sounds. I went back to 2d, and saw that it was. Is this a glitch? Or what?

G

KR still has custom housing "issues" as well as "tile" issues. Miss Echo seems to be a glutton for punishment, and has been messing around extensively in KR with custom housing. Maybe she can offer some suggestions. If it is valid in 2D and allowed you to commit though, I am guessing it is OK. You might submit a bug report just for fun. If you can explain specifically which area of the house is a problem in KR and give them the coordinates of your house, I suppose it is possible they might look at it.

-Skylark

G

LOL yep, you cannot 'commit' anything in KR atm, It doesn't matter whether the house is fully legit or not.

Have to commit any build in 2d. So while you can build etc whatever you like, just need to save it and go to 2d to commit it.

Until they increase the size of the KR housing gump, I still prefer to actually 'build' in 2d, I just check it in KR before committing to make sure it looks good in both clients.

And yes, this has been reported over and over, as has the unfriendliness of the actual 'building' menu.

So far to no avail.

H

huskiblu

<blockquote><hr>

LOL yep, you cannot 'commit' anything in KR atm, It doesn't matter whether the house is fully legit or not.

Have to commit any build in 2d. So while you can build etc whatever you like, just need to save it and go to 2d to commit it.

Until they increase the size of the KR housing gump, I still prefer to actually 'build' in 2d, I just check it in KR before committing to make sure it looks good in both clients.

And yes, this has been reported over and over, as has the unfriendliness of the actual 'building' menu.

So far to no avail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I read that KR will be the only client they want to support eventually. That's a bit scary, since I can't see part of my house when I am building!

Thanks for the info!

G

<blockquote><hr>

KR still has custom housing "issues" as well as "tile" issues. -Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]Damn, this is another reason I will have to put off using KR. What a bummer.

G

Noone has to put off using KR, it is all a matter of mindset, problem is most ppl are against it since they first logged into a buggy game, and yes it is still buggy for some, but i think now other than the known and reported bugs it is still pretty playable, certainly i find it faster than 2d, and once I got used to doing deco in it i find that kinda fun too. The main problem is you actually 'do' have to take time to 'learn' the client. Most people give up after one or two sessions as it isnt the 'same' and things work differently. I know my first week of logging in I actually 'hated' it and then didn't log in for a day or so, then went back and tried again, and then just did a few hrs a day til I was more comfortable with it. It is why at the start I basically only did one thing in KR until i had it working properly for me, then started on another. By the time I had tried all things the stuff at the start was second nature as 3d then 2d was for me.

I don't fight in anything but KR now, nor craft or do any of my day to day stuff, fishing etc is great once you get it set up, mining and lumberjacking I wouldn't touch 2d now. I hated mining in 2d, I actually 'like' it in kr, well as much as anyone can like 'mining' lol. But I have done more mining since KR came out than i did for at least 2 yrs before, same as bods, i have started them again now as well, something i gave away yrs ago as too much hassle to do manually, lol the other thing I have started doing again is making potion kegs, put bottle and keg and nightshade in pack, hit greater poison 'make max' and it fills the keg, sure beats the 100 clicks i used to have to do which is why i gave it away to start with.

I know most ppl think I am some kind kr fanboi or whatever the term is, to me tho, I just like uo and want to play it making the most of either client, whichever does the most for whatever function I am doing, if they scrap it tomorrow I will be upset as it is a good client and does have the potential to be a great client, as far as i can see it has been pretty much denigrated since the first week it opened up and a lot of people really never even gave it a chance, however I will just go back to playing 2d and dropping all the boring stuff that I have taken a new interest in with KR. I still do some things in 2d but mostly use KR.

Funny thing is as much as people say it hasn't bought 'new' blood into the game, from where I sit it certainly has, half of my guild are returning players who came back due to KR and they all play in it. All I know is you don't have to play one client or the other, I use both and get the best of both worlds. It is all a matter of mindset as I said.