• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stressing out w/ the Dupe.

• Thread starter Visolara16
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

Visolara16

Okay I did something stupid about 2 weeks ago. I play on quiet little Catskills and recently just sold my tamer account for UO gold because I wanted to improve my main account and I didn't have the gold. I took the gold and bought some valorite hammers (5 for 20m each - from 3 different individuals) I was waiting out the x-fer but I started reading the forums and my friend also told me that their was alot of duping going on. My question is if EA looks at my account and they see that I have 5 valorite hammers on will I get banned for that. (I sware to God I've never duped or attempted such in my life)

**I got the gold on Atlantic

S

Sneaky

I would say no, even if they are duped, you should be OK as long as you did not dupe them yourself which you haven't.

W

Wallenstein

If there's no evidence of you duping then you should have nothing to worry about. Being in possession of duped Valorite hammers could result in the items being deleted, though. I'd report whoever was selling them (or whatever vendor) to a GM so they can check it out.. Anyone selling Valorite hammers for 20mil is likely involved in some fishy business.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That small ammount shouldnt register with them. However, if you were constantly buying and selling them then it may. in the big banning one europa honest trader was banned for buying lots of brsk. she was however reinstated.

C

Crystilastamous

Burn them....

Then you have nice valorite runic made armor lol.

AND NO HAMMERS TO BE DELETED!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its up to you what you do....

You may want to call a GM to check the Hammers for you, or delete them.

Just dont resell them because if you do and they where duped that may end up in actions against your account.

I would be very carefull thou, alot of the "dealers" dont dupe thenself just fence the stuff for the actual dupers, last time a big round of banns went around for it the dealers where banned with the dupers

H

Hunters Moon

Oh great...more people are duping hammers again...Maybe we will see more burning plots. Anyone have some smores ready?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say you are completely safe only because we learned recently that they aren't actually duping the hammers but the BODS themselves. Once the BODS are turned in, they are destroyed thus removing all evidence that the dupe actually occured. The Val hammers are generated individually and have no duping mark on them.

P

Prince Caspian

I think you're safe.

I mean, come on, look at the "enforcement." You're in a city burning where people are pillaging, looting and murdering, and you're concerned about jaywalking.

People who obviously dupe their backsides off in Luna have been getting away with it for years, and EA cant be bothered to enforce their "policy" against no duping.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I think you're safe.

I mean, come on, look at the "enforcement." You're in a city burning where people are pillaging, looting and murdering, and you're concerned about jaywalking.

People who obviously dupe their backsides off in Luna have been getting away with it for years, and EA cant be bothered to enforce their "policy" against no duping.
If you got banned for that then it be a bit backwards.

I mean I would have to be banned for having an open vendor that took gold from the guy who sold someone a duped item. Or from someone using duped gold.

I think the real bans sit with EA identifying the mechanism and watching who does it for a while and then delete everything they own.

P

Prince Caspian

The most distressing thing about the dupe back when the ol' fit hit the shan was the checks.

I mean, only the truly stupid dupers kept duped checks locked down as tiles in their tower. Because of the duped signature on the item. But the thing was, once you had a duped check, and redeemed it, presto... instant money laundering. The gold was generated in the game, legit as far as the item generator was concerned.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh great...more people are duping hammers again...Maybe we will see more burning plots. Anyone have some smores ready?
I can see it now the next round of house burnings will have a pedestal with a val hammer on it and some hilarious little quote.

V

Visolara16

Okay I feel like I can relax a little now. Should I attempt to sell them or just hold them till x-fer's come back.

R

RavenWinterHawk

See thats the problem with the dupe.
You paid 20 mill. Which is a fair price without duping. Damn good price.
But now I bet youd have to sell for a lose to get rid of them all.

Id make weapons. What the heck. Creating something awesome with you players name on it.

Its just a game. Maybe youll get lucky.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I feel like I can relax a little now. Should I attempt to sell them or just hold them till x-fer's come back.
If indeed bans are comming or a dupe is being fixed, keep them.

The prices will go back up.

A

Azaroth

This is stupid.

I'm sorry but you can't rely on advice given in these forums.

Every other day I see a new thread with different advice. Yesterday it was browsing through these forums reading that having duped items is "INSTANT BAN"; and then today now we have "DELETABLE BUT YOU DIDN'T DUPE SO YOU CANT BE BANNED".

If they can prove it's duped, then it will be deleted. If they can prove you duped it, you will be banned. If they can't prove either, then you're fine.

How do they prove if its duped? it's not easy. Look at vine cords, they had to go back to the very first issued pair and delete the rest.

I bought a complete assassin armor suit on Atlantic the other week and transferred to my shard (Oceania). Every time I see the suit on my char, I feel the "Dupeness" factor. I don't know if its duped. The very same vendor has not re-stocked it an assassin armor suit, so that's good news. It also has no other obvious high end items, so its possible its not duped, but it could easily a dupe, I can't shake that feeling.

It's the way it is with high end items now :( the price we pay with purchasing stuff these days. Black market is everywhere!!!! even in UO :)

G

galefan2004

Bogus rumors of dupes have flowed like water since this game began. Some of them are obviously true, but the majority of them are fake.

E

Eslake

How do they prove if its duped? it's not easy. Look at vine cords, they had to go back to the very first issued pair and delete the rest.
Actually no, they didn't go to any trouble at all. They just deleted ALL vine cord sandals. The single legitimate pair belonged to an account that still had them when it was banned.

As bad as it may sound, the dev team are complete morons when it comes to this stuff. After 7 years of dealing with hackers and scripters they introduce a char-xfer program and don't think to set it up so that it will delete the original character and items BEFORE adding them to the new server?!?! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how that would be abused.

As to the other way, they know how it is done, they can tell who is doing it, but don't seem to be doing anything about it. I've seen and reported twice on it already, but waiting 2-3 days for a GM to come on to the game to respond to a page .. well there isn't much point is there?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note: if you're stressing about being banned, you're probably engaging in questionable behavior. Avoid questionable behaviors and you won't have to stress.

F

Fox (Europa)

Okay I did something stupid about 2 weeks ago. I play on quiet little Catskills and recently just sold my tamer account for UO gold because I wanted to improve my main account and I didn't have the gold. I took the gold and bought some valorite hammers (5 for 20m each - from 3 different individuals) I was waiting out the x-fer but I started reading the forums and my friend also told me that their was alot of duping going on. My question is if EA looks at my account and they see that I have 5 valorite hammers on will I get banned for that. (I sware to God I've never duped or attempted such in my life)

At one of the mass-bannings a couple of years ago I know someone who was banned (but reinstated after appeal) for having four hammers.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bogus rumors of dupes have flowed like water since this game began. Some of them are obviously true, but the majority of them are fake.
Do you pay attention at all to whats going on in game? Ever?

If you dupe one BOD atm 8 times you will end up with over 250 copies. 250 valorite hammers...thats like 50 years running two accounts 24/7 to obtain those naturally. One person can quite literally obtain that many now in under 20 minutes.

In the last two weeks I have seen over 100 val hammers just on Atlantic. If you dont smell a dupe then I strongly suggest you have your nose checked by a professional.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I feel like I can relax a little now. Should I attempt to sell them .
see there is half of the problem.....

You are afraid you may get banned and or have you hammer deleted...so instead of standing up to that you messed up by buying some Hammers that just by looking at the price you paid ...cannot be legal; you decide you want to make sure YOU dont lose out and want someone else dealing with your mess.

G

GeeGee

well I hate, hate, hate this duping crap!!
I just went & trashed about 70 dull copper hammers that I got from a IDOC. I have no clue if they are real or duped. not gonna take a chance after reading this.

I just can't bring my self to buy much of anything from a vendor any more.
I used to love making some gold & seeing what I could go find to buy that I wanted. Now you just don't know what is real & what's duped anymore.
taken all the fun out of collecting, because of the fear of losing what you worked for or possibly geting ban because you bought it or got it at a IDOC.
I feel the only true rare left in the game is to have a castle or a keep.
but then we have the ones out there that where place by scripter too.
it is so sad!

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they really keep 1 pair? I think they just deleted every single one of them.

I wouldn't put it past EA to blanket ban randomly just because many players complain of a few.

L

Lord Kynd

My question is if EA looks at my account and they see that I have 5 valorite hammers on will I get banned for that. (I sware to God I've never duped or attempted such in my life)

that is kind of scary to think about.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did they really keep 1 pair? I think they just deleted every single one of them.

I wouldn't put it past EA to blanket ban randomly just because many players complain of a few.
They deleted every single one of them, because the original pair, which was the only pair, was lost years ago when the owner was banned. (not completely sure on this though)

L

Lord Kynd

which quest gives the heartwood runic ?
i've never recived a kit better than oak , maybe i'm doing the wrong one...
pm me