• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Streamers!

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Those wanting to stream Project: Gorgon, please remember to change your settings to playing 'Project: Gorgon' with no space so your stream will appear on the Project: Gorgon website. This will drive more traffic there, and may get you a few more followers!

Tsagh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Awesome, I can't wait to stream this game tonight. Check out twitch.tv/tsagh if you get a chance.

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's actually Project: Gorgon with a space in the middle, maybe you meant no spaces before and after? (unless it changed recently I think that's what the livestream embed on the official site uses, and what ppl used to stream to).

Ideally you'd know someone in the Twitch community to add the name of the game. I think there is even a tool that let you update the database, which Twitch regularly copies to their own. It's a kind of public database from what I gather, but I don't know too much about it.

Maybe this ?

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/6310270-how-to-add-new-game-to-games-list-

Getting the game added I think would help a lot on the long run. I'm not sure what is the main way ppl discover games on Twitch, but say someone known streams the game, if people wanted to follow the game itself, a feature recently added to twitch, they won't be able to because the game is not tracked.

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
PS: And it seems like you have to try and get the game added to Giant Bomb's site before hand, and get it approved. No idea how that works. Maybe the devs should take care of that to make a good submission?

Obviously for the Kickstarter it's a little late, but this may be useful for the longer run.

PPS:

Also for people new to streaming remember that Twitch no longer saves your videos for more than a week (partners' videos are saved for up to a month or so). To save something indefinitely, you have to create a highlight. Highlights also tend to get views so it's a good way to promote your channel.

Tsagh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I agree completely that the game should be added to the official list so that it shows up in the dropdown menu and there is no confusion. It also helps people who may be seeking streams of the game to find it them.

I streamed Project: Gorgon for about 4 hours last night on twitch.tv/tsagh and tried a variety of spellings/syntaxes with or without a space. None of them actually triggered the stream being listed on the official site. Still, we averaged more than 50 people in Twitch chat and got the word out to quite a few new people.

Zezman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying different combinations myself. Tsagh streams it and so do I. However Tsagh is 100x more popular than I. I'm usually the only viewer of my own stream.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying different combinations myself. Tsagh streams it and so do I. However Tsagh is 100x more popular than I. I'm usually the only viewer of my own stream.
I had the same issue although it maybe more to do with my hardware. I've moved to just making youtube vids of the game as best I can, which hopefully will have my second one out this weekend.

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This game has that potential where viewers can browse the few streams on .. however it's not gonna work until the game gets more traction and it gets listed in Twitch database (which requires adding to Giant Bomb, it seems).

For the time being consider announcing ingame when you stream like ErasmusPrime did.

I agree it is a great idea to make YouTube vids atm.

If you'd really like a few random viewers, stream it under EverQuest. I don't think that's such a bad idea. It is somewhat relevant, and you get random viewers who are browsing the EQ streams. I got someone once in chat who thanked me for streaming it cause he heard about it on "project 1999".

PS: since the game is not properly listed yet it is irrelevant anyway that it is properly labelled as "Project: Gorgon", because you past broadcast doesn't even show up in the directory page:

www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Project: Gorgon

The main reasons to stream with the proper game tag atm is to show up on the official site's "livestreams" page, but you'll likely get more random viewers from the EQ audience. Up to you. It doesn't support thegame all that much to stream under "Project: Gorgon" atm, most important is to just stream the game (imho).

Last edited:

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Until the game gets more tractions it would help if you enabled the "past broadcasts" option in your channel. I went there and saw no past broadcasts so basically I have zero incentive to follow you :/

Zezman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There really is nothing interesting to see here. Move along, move along....
(I've enabled past broadcast archiving, but I am not a social personality, so I don't really talk much)

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks.

It doesn't matter if you use a mic or if you are a "personality". I don't like to feel tied to a microphone while I play, and I am also a quiet type. Yet I got 60+ followers streaming Diablo II after a month or so. And when I stream, if it's the right time in the evening I often had 3 to 5 regular viewers who I remember by name who say hi, and we talk about the game. And then sometimes it would build up to 10 viewers or so, likely because the chat window is included in the video and it makes it more alive that way.

What's super important however I think for a small channel is to respond to chat. If you don't people are just not going to come back.

ps: I wanted to add, actually I watch streams on my ipad when I code stuff .. it's relaxing and it's one example where streams without loud commentary or voice commentary at all have a place. And another advantage is you can have a nice playlist. For example when I play D2 sometimes I'd play some other gaming music. Then I don't have to have it very low to be heard on top of it, the music is part of the attraction and it's easy to watch for people. I think a lot of people like to watch a stream while they play the same game, or another game.

Zezman

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have only one laptop. I do not have a second monitor to watch chat. So it takes time for me to stop, alt tab, and try to respond to people chatting. So .. usually i have no viewers. Oh well.

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well do whatever you want ;) But just fyi there is a "chat popout" feature. So you can play windowed . But yeah atm it's pretty pointless as barely anyone checks the PG streams. Things may change when it is listed.

Moocows

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This game has that potential where viewers can browse the few streams on .. however it's not gonna work until the game gets more traction and it gets listed in Twitch database (which requires adding to Giant Bomb, it seems).

For the time being consider announcing ingame when you stream like ErasmusPrime did.

I agree it is a great idea to make YouTube vids atm.

If you'd really like a few random viewers, stream it under EverQuest. I don't think that's such a bad idea. It is somewhat relevant, and you get random viewers who are browsing the EQ streams. I got someone once in chat who thanked me for streaming it cause he heard about it on "project 1999".

PS: since the game is not properly listed yet it is irrelevant anyway that it is properly labelled as "Project: Gorgon", because you past broadcast doesn't even show up in the directory page:

www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Project: Gorgon

The main reasons to stream with the proper game tag atm is to show up on the official site's "livestreams" page, but you'll likely get more random viewers from the EQ audience. Up to you. It doesn't support thegame all that much to stream under "Project: Gorgon" atm, most important is to just stream the game (imho).
It's funny you say this, maybe you're the same poster but the first time I heard of Gorgon was last week when someone mentioned it on the project 1999 sub-reddit (EQ1 emulated classic server basically) and that they've been streaming it under EQ and having had people ask them about it. Definitely a good call, until the game is added I may stream it under EQ as well.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's funny you say this, maybe you're the same poster but the first time I heard of Gorgon was last week when someone mentioned it on the project 1999 sub-reddit (EQ1 emulated classic server basically) and that they've been streaming it under EQ and having had people ask them about it. Definitely a good call, until the game is added I may stream it under EQ as well.
This is really great to hear, since I was playing Project99 for quite awhile and dropped it a couple months ago as I joined a guild with my old PR guild and kinda lost connection with my friends there. Since I have found this game been having a great time, but if anyone is streaming regularly, give me your stream link and I will add them to my youtube video's descriptions as other sites for folks to check out.

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes, and moo! I mean hello! :p ANything's better than my stream, since I sometimes edit the wiki, and I'm not super focused.

ErasmusPrime's stream was great to see high level dungeon gameplay, but sadly he hasnt streamed PG recently and his 2week old streams are not swept under the great wide rug of "non highlighted past broadcasts".