• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Streamer Spotlight: Gugusteh

Stratics News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran

Name: Gugusteh
Channel: twitch.tv/gugusteh
General Streaming Schedule: Mostly weekends, plus weekday evenings (EU time)
Main Focuses: Solo roaming, live ZvZs

How did you get into streaming? How long have you been an Albion streamer?

I started streaming only a few months ago (I think around October). I first started streaming some city GvGs, some really short streams. I later started to watch videos a lot on the side while roaming. I wanted to watch Albion videos on the side, but not many people were streaming during the hours I usually play. Since people enjoyed the videos I did about my solo roaming, I decided to show it live and be the one doing the show that other people could watch while they roamed.

How is streaming Albion different from streaming other games?

Albion is a hard game to stream since there is a lot of downtime between PvP action or interesting moments. You also take some additional risks when playing alone, and you need to hide a lot of information when streaming ZvZs since it’s really easy to locate a streamer.

The experience is, however, really positive in general: the community is really enjoyable when you get to know it, having a PvP encounter is even more thrilling on stream since you don’t want to make mistakes and get a free ticket back to the city.
In Albion almost everything is unexpected and you can go from a calm ambiance to a really exciting moment just in a second.

What is your general approach to streaming? Do you plan out activities in advance, or head out into the world and see what happens?

I usually turn on the stream when I feel like it, that’s the reason why there is no precise schedule. When I come back from work I log in to Albion and based on what I want to do, I’ll either turn the stream on or not. Since I can do anything, my gameplay can vary a lot.

Sometimes, however, I plan some precise streams, but I don’t force myself to do only one activity: Albion is a sandbox and I want to profit fully.

In addition to streaming on Twitch, you've created lots of Youtube videos with pretty high production values and editing. Do you plan your Youtube videos in advance, or create them based on spontaneous footage?

My videos are usually about an event that happened recently but I usually don’t “rush” them. For some cases I do the editing just after it happens in-game (for example, ZvZs) but if I don’t like the outcome, I rework it another day.
In general I have 2 kinds of videos:
  • The ones that I try to upload within a week
  • The “special projects” requiring more footage and editing that I upload later.
In general I try to show people how the game can be enjoyed, and all the special moments that are worth a deeper look.

Do you have any favorite moments from your streams?

I think my favorite moment on stream is the roleplay session before every reset day. It’s a really particular moment since I have to deal with the comms and the stream at the same time, but I try my best to make it appreciable. Every Invasion Day we mass early on our guild island and do a “ceremony” with the whole guild. It’s a really fun time.

Aside from that, I've had some really good moments on stream discussing various things in chat. For example, regarding certain Albion mechanics, the opinions are not always the same and discussing that is always interesting.

Any ideas for new content for future streams?

I plan to redo one kind of stream that I’ve already done: an “AMA stream” where I try to explain the game to new players / people discovering it while leveling up a new character from zero.

Also I’ve had multiple ideas for events and I really want to do some of them on stream, but I need to think further about that.

Do you have any advice or tips for other players who are considering being Albion streamers?

Always have multiple sets when you go into PvP zones: you will die, just make sure that you don’t have to spend those five extra minutes at the auction house.

The community in Albion is really strong but it might be hard at the beginning, just don’t get disillusioned by the first troll and you will enjoy your time.

Anything else to add?

If you're just starting the game or want to know a bit more about it, feel free to contact me anywhere: Discord, Twitch, YouTube, forum, Twitter... I’m always glad to help people to get into the game.

Can you share some of your favorite clips with us?

Some funny arena matches with friends:

Baby Mammoth drop:

PvP compilation (all done on-stream):

Gankers chasing me for 5 minutes (I met them again later but I negotiated and they left me alone):
twitch.tv/videos/376691687

Enjoy the clips? Be sure to follow Gugusteh on Twitch and YouTube and stay tuned for more upcoming Streamer Spotlights.

Continue reading...