• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Stratics Presents Historic Achievement Award to Ultima Online Team

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The Stratics Network presented an award for historic achievement to the Ultima Online production team on Saturday, commemorating fifteen years of innovation, imagination, and support for the Ultima Online community. Although the physical token was given to the current Ultima Online team, the spirit of the award was more broadly given to all of the members of all of the UO teams since the title’s launch. Each of these individuals influenced the magic and charm of Ultima Online, and all are deserving of recognition for the impact that they made upon both the game and the industry.

Read the full story and see pictures of the award here . . .

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Stratics Network presented an award for historic achievement to the Ultima Online production team on Saturday, commemorating fifteen years of innovation, imagination, and support for the Ultima Online community. Although the physical token was given to the current Ultima Online team, the spirit of the award was more broadly given to all of the members of all of the UO teams since the title’s launch. Each of these individuals influenced the magic and charm of Ultima Online, and all are deserving of recognition for the impact that they made upon both the game and the industry.

Read the full story and see pictures of the award here . . .
A very beautiful award, Syrus! It was cool to see some of the Stratics crew at the event, although those of us on streaming couldn't here most of their names or see them very well, nor could we really see the award (so thanks for posting it).

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was a very nice heartfelt award for the team (then and now), a wonderful recognition for those who probably don't hear enough of the positive aspects they do and how it affects all of us.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That turned out very nice and many thanks to Tazar for delivering our message personal and our other Stratics guys for sharing it with him!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
A great Idea Syrus - this is how it should be!

I wonder what the big heads at EA sent the UO team for this special anniversary....anyone know?

T

Tazar

A great Idea Syrus - this is how it should be!

I wonder what the big heads at EA sent the UO team for this special anniversary....anyone know?
Enough money to host the Anniversary party? lol Between Food, Cake, Give-aways, and tickets at the bar after the meeting - I'd imagine Mesanna had a good budget to work with.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I am interrested in the budget because i have a feeling it was not enough...it for SURE has been spent very well what i could read...so no offense here in Mesannas and all who worked their a.. off to make this happen work...dont get me wrong..

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My apologies for not standing up as well for this, but I didn't know if you meant reporters or not as well beforehand, and.. well.. i'm really a shy person and was too scared to do it when I knew anyway..

T

Tazar

I was hoping everyone would come up - but I understand the shyness. Wish I had met you while we were there.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping everyone would come up - but I understand the shyness. Wish I had met you while we were there.
Sorry.. until then I couldn't remember who you were.. i'm terrible with remembering names and who they go to.. I was the one LS person chatting to Auto and Aname for the first half of things (IE, sitting against the wall to your far right).

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would have been nice if everyone had name tags on with their user names and/or real names. Maybe next anniversary!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice. ;)

Now, if someone who knows could take these images and do a bit of editing to include the name of each person in the images (so we who were not able to attend can put a NAME to each FACE)...

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally cool! Syrus you and the rest of the team rock!

P.S. I recognize Mesanna from the picture above.. but I'd also like to see names attached.
The guy on the left in the red cape would be Starr Long as Blackthorn?
Looks like that might be Syrus third from the right.

Last edited:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally cool! Syrus you and the rest of the team rock!

P.S. I recognize Mesanna from the picture above.. but I'd also like to see names attached.
The guy on the left in the red cape would be Starr Long as Blackthorn?
No. It isn't Starr/Blackthorn. If you see more pictures, Starr is bald and had on a black robe. In some snaps, he might have a crown on (he took it off half way through the Q&A with him).

The guy next to Mesanna in the blue shirt is Tazar!

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool, Thanks Rhiannon, I hate trying to guess stuff.
Now we have Mesanna and Tazar identified.
BTW where can we see more pictures?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Guy in the get up is Jeff Skalski, from what I think I heard, audio was kinda bad at that time. Petra kinda let ya know the other 4 a while ago tho...

For those unable to hear the names, Tazar made the presentation backed up by Bazer, Basara and Jeriicco
Dude in the jester suit in the background... I have NO clue

Last edited:

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeriicco is the snappily dressed one.
I remember it went Tazar, Jeriicco, Ba-, Ba-
Though I only caught the first syllables of the last two, and they were the same...

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So now we have (from left to right) Jeff Skalsky, Bonnie Armstrong (Mesanna), unkown jester, Tazar (real name?) and Jericco (real name?), and two more unknowns.

P.S. I just gotta know if that's Skalskys' real hair!

Last edited:
T

Tazar

Far left was Jeff Skalski dressed as Dupre. Then Mesanna. The jester suit in the back was Ex-EM Dudley - who has now joined the Dev Team. You already have me identified. Next over is Jerrico then Bazer and Basara - All Stratics Staff. The guy sitting down in front is an Atlantic Player Cear Dallben - A former Stratics Reporter.

And no - that is not Skalski's real hair... he even darkened the eyebrows and goatee for the skit.

Sorry - as to real names - can't help you there. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killer.. thanks Tazar I like seeing faces to names..

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flair, it seems to me you got credit seems I saw you get kissed for some type of credit. lol Taz becareful what you offer =)

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohh no wasnt me. I do know I didnt see her run from the kiss. But I do know it was not me. Since you was there daddy you know it wasnt me =)

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Flair doesn't run...but i don't remember kissing anyone. i remember being restrained and tricked by someone though......

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please you the fearless person. The one who no one can hold down. You kidding me who you trying to fool? Either you are able to be beat by someone or you just fibbed.

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm seems they was a bit shorter than you and you did say something about pants HAAHAAA :eek:

T

Tazar

Considering that Wynn did earn her "Drunken" Elder membership that night... can she really remember?

Lady Wynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Daddy I follow in your foot steps=) I want to make you proud. I wasnt drunk. I was drinking water.

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
*nods in agreement laughing*

Water huh.. seems that water was a bit tainted then since i remember all of us all having a good time that night drinking that "water"

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, if you look closely, in the middle picture, Bazer is wearing a Stratics shirt, and I'm wearing a UO 2007 Town Hall tour shirt.

And, Jeff is dressed as Dupre, and Dudley is playing Heckles.

Last edited: