• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics Hunter's Guide

• Thread starter ¥§hàdòw¥
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
¥

¥§hàdòw¥

Hi all,

It's been quite awhile since I've played UO (quit shortly after AoS came out) and I'm still learning all the changes. One thing I've been noticing is the interest in their Pet's Stats/Resists. To be honest, I never really cared what they were as long as the did the job. Well I decided to start comparing my pets to the Hunter's Guide and noticed that some of their numbers are off. To get to the point, are the stats/resists in the Hunter's Guide right or is just more of a player updated database?

Thanks in advance

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the pets you're comparing really old? I can't remember for sure, but I have a feeling some of the old pets spawned with different stats years ago, compared to the current ones. So while the figures would be quite accurate for today's spawners, old ones could be off. I'm not certain though, haven't compared my 9yo critters with the stats on Stratics lately ;)

Which kind of pets are they and what stats/figure are you finding that don't match? That might help us figure out whether it's a legacy pet thing or a Stratics error.

Wenchy

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi
Stratics figures on older creatures are gleaned from uo's own Bestiary: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/bestiary.php. Sadly that's not been kept up to date so the newer creatures are harder to add to the guide.

I'll be interested to read any feedback anyone has on hunter's guide. I have been striving to bring it up to date where I can, you might notice the odd 'updated' tag to some of the links in the left column.

S

Sarphus

What hunters guide calls "base damage" isnt' base damage. It's avg adjusted dmg through a 70% resistance I think.

The animal lore gump gives you true base dmg, which is relevant for calculating the true potential of a creature. I made a spreadsheet that lets me plug in the stats of a critter and it tells me how hard the critter will hit based on its skill lvls, str and base dmg.

Think of base dmg on the animal lore gump the same way you think of base dmg on weapons.

U

uoBuoY

hi
Stratics figures on older creatures are gleaned from uo's own Bestiary: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/bestiary.php. Sadly that's not been kept up to date so the newer creatures are harder to add to the guide.

I'll be interested to read any feedback anyone has on hunter's guide. I have been striving to bring it up to date where I can, you might notice the odd 'updated' tag to some of the links in the left column.
The Nightmare's (the only "n" critter) stats are incorrect. It lists Max Stamina at 105 and we all know it's 125.

5% Luck

The Nightmare's (the only "n" critter) stats are incorrect. It lists Max Stamina at 105 and we all know it's 125.
Any stat under 125 can train to 125. thats stat not derived status. So STR not HP but the Hp will grow as the str grows as well. same for int and dex.

Ive never sen one "spawn" with 125 dex so far and Ive lored alot of them. I think the hunters guide is correct.

¥

¥§hàdòw¥

Any stat under 125 can train to 125. thats stat not derived status. So STR not HP but the Hp will grow as the str grows as well. same for int and dex.

Ive never sen one "spawn" with 125 dex so far and Ive lored alot of them. I think the hunters guide is correct.

That was the one I was off on. It showed it capped at 105, but mine shows 125 dex/stam. I didn't know they could be trained up to the 125. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.