• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Strannggeee Lava Fishing...

• Thread starter Longforge
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

Longforge

Skill: 94 Fishing
Activity: Lava Fishing

So I'm fishing up the lava rocks and goodies from the lava tiles as you enter the city. I put a trusty ole' lava hook on my fishing pole.

I found it very odd that during this break from the grind to find some treasure that I landed TWO Autumn Dragonfish from the lava. One was 29 stones and the other was 125 stones.

I had no idea that these fish resided in lava tiles and/or that 94 fishing could even possibly land them.

Bug?

M

Muu Bin

Likely a bug.

However, you can pull Autumn Dragonfish with skill less than 94 as per the following table found elsewhere in Stratics:

Fishing in the High Seas

I'd be interested to see what other little "gems" like this that are out there...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Autumn dragonfish are found by fishing in Ilsh. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's lava or water, as long as you're on that facet.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I am wrong, but the fishing skill column in "fishing in the high seas" is the skill the person had who first reported success catching the fish. I don't think anyone has nailed the minimum skill necessary for any special or rare fish.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are correct, that's why there's a * by the entries and a matching foot note:
*Denotes the skill level at which the specimen was caught. This should be taken as a guide only, not a definitive 'minimum to catch' figure