• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Strangeness in Cove Woods

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Be wary fellow Sosarians as you ride the roads and explore the woods around Cove.

Days ago, many Sosarians met Rose at the West Brit Bank where she spoke of fire from the skies that rent a chasm and strange, dangerous creatures were spewing forth wrecking havoc upon our land. With a whoop and a gate, the throng rode forth with dragons, armor, spells and bandaids to face several waves of fire elementals, daemons of all sorts and lesser minions of the damned. I think I was able to slash at something, but the chaos of the combat was dizzying. Aye, the world turned several shades of gray for me - and friends brought me back from the shadows, but most of the fray was handled by the many, many, far too many dragon pets brought by attending tamers.

Eventually, our small army drove the daemons back to whence they came. Rose asked if anyone had noticed anything strange or found anything of interest - and the response was nae - although the entire scenario was strange. She asked that we stop by and check the area periodically - for the huge tear in our world is a rather ominous looking gate...
You never know what may pop out.

So, every night I ride the roads, I meander into the woods east of Cove to check the area. Everything has been peaceful, just the sight of that strange gate which gives one the shivers if anything does.

That is until tonight!

As I approached the Ominous Gate, I should have known something was amiss for naught a bird, creature or even wandering ettin was around. I neared the area and did hear a rustling and angry muttering in a strange tongue that I doubt even my mage friend Kat would recognize. It sounded as if something was fighting with the weeds.

My hand gripping blade and shield, I kicked my pooka to break out of the wood cover only to face the strangest creature... err.. daemon? I don't know!

It spied me, gurgled something, then in a voice as clear as can be in our own Sosarian tongue gave me an order...

I asked the daemon who this "her" is, where it came from, how it got stuck n the vines - and nothing but guttural growls and that same statement is all it uttered over and over again.

Being a paladin I am sworn to help those in need - alas nothing I could do would release the daemon from the vines.

Perhaps Rose knows what is needed.... or someone else wiser than I.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should ask her "why must you get out of those vines". She might have more to tell you...

Last edited:

spamspamspamspam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should ask her "why must you get out of those vines". She might have more to tell you...
OK, so I talked to the people in the clues, and the last thing I could gather was something about "There's a place in the world called Felucca". I checked in the immediate area on the Fel side, but couldn't find the other clue that the guy said. Is this incomplete, or have I just not figured it out yet?