• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Strange teleport tile behavior

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a strange problem with teleport tiles through the custom tool. I have one placed in front of my home for quick access to the third floor. Since about half way through the day yesterday, I am no longer able to step on it. I have removed everything around it and still can not step on it. I rubber band off it as if it were a container.

I have tried circle of trans and ctrl+shift to look for tags of anything that may be under the foundation and can find nothing wrong. The only different thing I have noticed is that setting security highlights the tile yelow as if it were a seperate object now instead of a static object. Going back into custom mode is really not an option and this is my only access to the third floor.

Has anybody else experieinced anything like this?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
change your houses foundation style,
then you can change it back.
that used to always work to fix tele tiles when they got all buggy like that :)
ps - probably not necessary to say, but you don't have to go into customization mode or anything. just change foundation style using the house sign.

T

Tazar

change your houses foundation style,
then you can change it back.
that used to always work to fix tele tiles when they got all buggy like that :)
ps - probably not necessary to say, but you don't have to go into customization mode or anything. just change foundation style using the house sign.
Yep. That should fix it... you really don't even have to change it... just reselect the same one. This forces some kind of reset on the house teles/doors.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you both! That did it! Wow as long as I have been fiddling w/custom housing...and lurking these forums... I have never seen this before. What a relief!

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh good i'm glad it worked!
and thanks tazar for the tip that you don't even have to select a different foundation style. just reselect your own.
ya, it's an odd fix to an odd problem, but i'm glad to know it still works :)