• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Strange Happenings In Moonglow

G

Recently we heard the news that Kronos the Mage had completed his long-neglected Blackrock Detector in Moonglow. Word travelled that he would be firing it up late last night.

Many people of Napa came to see, curious, what would happen. Kronos and his assistants tried to engage the strange machine ... alas something seems to have not gone right. Kronos said maybe later, maybe today, it would work.

Since morning today there has been some government intervention. There is now a fence around the detector, and guards. Protecting the Detector from us ... or us from it?

Something strange is happening! Magic no longer works in Moonglow - the City of Magic! Lightning and thunder are eminating from the machine and observers wonder what is to come as very powerful beings suggest that we should bring Blackrock TO the Detector ...

What will tonight bring??

I

imported_Cysphruo

to die or not to die...
will napa have a enough people there to lag out the place or will napa get owned? only time will tell.

I

imported_Cysphruo

im just comparing it to the other shards that already have the event.
atlantic and great lakes have over 500 people and its completly lagged out, the smaller shards are getting owned, you go through a gate to insta death.
its like a double fuc oreo

I

imported_Cysphruo

these are the two event items i've seen so far...

Dark One

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if those are the event items- those are pathetic!! once again another joke from the makers of UO and the GM's.. i throw garbage like those 2 items on the ground everyday in luna..

G

Good, give any you get to me then. I will be happy to take them.

G

If you read on Uhall the devs said you would get event items that seem like simple deco items. But they are to be turned in for greater rewards...

M

MysticLlamaFTW

What about the threads? I got a 'thread of fate' pretty early on, then I heard a friend got a thread of life.. any other threads out there?

F

five oclock

I also got a Thread of life. Didnt give me much life in there tho

L

Lady Mana

I've seen the sword and shield, and I also found a 'Cloak of Corruption'. When you wear it, it dwindles away your HP and mana. @_@

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cloak of corruption, plane shield, plane sword, thread of life, thread of fate, thread of Darkness bodies all over the damn road....JUST MESSIN!!
anyone notice there double?, yellow versions of yourself?..rumor from other shards was the people who were there the night before with the blackrock had some kinda yellow named double..and i noticed that * you feel as strong as 2 people* msg, but never noticed a dif.....and did any of ya's use the blackrock special on the shadowlords?

I

Imhotep

thread of darkness ?? is that confirmed i haven't found one of those yet i assume they came off dark wisps?

I

imported_Cysphruo

the cloak leeches your hp and stamina while replinishing your mana at an incredibly fast rate, basicly it <u>currently </u> gives you unlimited mana.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was only kidding about the darkness...if ya read it, was a joke poke at darkness dying.....there is no darkness thread

M

My OneSelfer

<blockquote><hr>

the cloak leeches your hp and stamina while replinishing your mana at an incredibly fast rate, basicly it <u>currently</u> gives you unlimited mana.

[/ QUOTE ]

it leeches all three from me to near death
didnt wear it til death to find out tho
but did wear it til str dex and int were at 5

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there saying the threads of life and fate do something when double clicked...so far only with the spirit speak skill though..they thought it was only people with bad karma..this isnt so, i used my other chars with really bad karma, and no msg's..i used my pally, no msg's...ive read people are getting the msgs with chars that just have the sp speak and no necro.....what the msg's mean and what they do we have no idea yet

I

imported_Nibblets

From what I understand with the cloaks of corruption they regen 70 to your highest stat and drain the other two. Also, this in unconfirmed, but I heard that if you die while wearing the cloak, it's gone. But that's unconfirmed and I didn't want to try it myself to find out. :p The top 3 damagers on the Shadowlords get cloaks right in their packs. Casting Armagedon "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym" while you have a piece of blackrock in your pack will do around 25000 to the shadowlords and will almost assuredly get you a cloak...Now this is only true if the shadowlord is full health. I think you're also likely to get a cloak if your the second person to hit it with armagedon, but I'm not sure.

Planeshield and Planeswords are off of the Fallen Warriors. Curious to see if perhaps the sword and shield help with the berserkers...I don't have a built swordsmen myself. Any ideas?

Threads of Fate and Threads of Life are off of Dark Wisps. Three variations of each. Tilted left and right angles and almost horizontal. Be warned if you're using the KR client there's no graphic for the threads. You have to use the list to find them.

I haven't found anything of the fettid though.

Also if you're running around try not to drag berserkers into the area around the gate. You can also recall out of the void too.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i havnt tried the planesword on a bezerker, usually the mystical weaps do good on them, but ill give the plane sword a shot....there is someone right now, luring all the bezerkers to the fountain, he is inside the fountain..i have no idea why, but be carfull going into there right now

I

imported_Nibblets

Makes you wonder why people do that sort of thing. But thanks for the warning. ^_^

I usually pre-cast invisbility before running through the gate and drop it as soon as I'm through. Pre-casting's still alright in the no cast zone, you just can't finish it there.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well it could be that its a safe spot for them to sit and cast earthquake to try to kill them....but, anyone coming through that gate is dead

I

imported_IgotWood

Ya that is what is happening, the beserkers can't hit you in the fountain and you can spam EQ, just sux for everyone that's running through gate

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i guess it is a needed thing right now though, there are way to many bezerkers going around out there right now....i tried using an archer from the hedgemaze to take a few of em out, and ended up being smacked around like a little ^$#%.

I

imported_Nibblets

Had them all lined up outside the fence on the southside of luna. I was casting ev's and discording them and a few other archers were hitting them, but guaranteed someone would come running through and lure em all off.

M

MysticLlamaFTW

The fountain trick actually worked very nicely just now for about half an hour to an hour. Once most of the daemons flagged on us in the fountain, it gave people the opportunity to finish off a redlined SL. But after a while we were ejected from the fountain. If you ask me (which im sure u dont, but thats what we're posting here for :p) better a few people EQ the daemons to death so the spawn is managable again, than the whole shard just invis/stealth looting shields/swords. But.. its all about easy looting, innit

I

imported_Nibblets

The only problem with that tatic is the berserkers switch targets at the drop of a hat. So people who come in to help fight die right as they hit the gate cause there's berserkers standing right there.

I agree that they're too many people just stealth looting and running about just dragging spawn around. But dying as you enter doesn't help anyone at all.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
bank roof I can Help with that. How do I get there from the moongate

M

MysticLlamaFTW

Bank is the southeast most corner of the alternate moonglow.
plenty of spots to teleport onto... the blue roof tiles.