• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

strange creature quest

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok so iI have been working on the strange creature thing that starts in britain you get clues from the crier and he leads you to several others here is what I have gleaned so far
1 the creature is appearing in caves around Britain slaying people (miners)
2 the master of arms is organizing a hunt for this creature(minoc)
3 the "crazed followers" believe the beast is innocent

ok thats about all I know so far I am kinda wondering id maybe black rock is back since they shut it off last valentines? could this be the critter appearing in caves and slaying miners?
anyone else have anything lets get a list going I have to stop now and go do RL stuff butt wanted to share what I have found so far

N

Noie

Not sure. But if you could toss out a word that starts the string, we might be able to help get it further. :)

M

Moonstar

i managed to get to the compassion shrine to find one of these " crazed followers" and he thinks it was all a misunderstanding and tht the beast is maybe protecting something .. or itself. dunno if there were any key words i didnt mention that woulda led me to some place ( newb char with buncha desert spawn tryna kill me)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok just logged back in the ones to talk to are
by brit bank michel I think is name
then in minoc near the bridge by the caves with the forge cant remember name
then there is the desert shrine compassion i think guy is standing right near entrence
then you go to master of arms in minoc (fighters guild I think)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
!!! What happened to the event beginning on Sunday the 15th?

How did anyone know it has already started? I went by the Hall and found no information on this. I had, and I guess till have such high hopes for the LS event.

We went to all the spot mentioned. Nothing new.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Q&A told the 5 or 6 people that showed up to talk with them on Wednesday night about it starting yesterday. Only reason I didn't post then is I expected one of the shard reporters to have done so, which they obviously didn't.

One NPC near the WBB is where it starts, right along the main road. So far as I can tell, nobody has figured out how to go any farther than what has been said as of yet.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Posted today as intended. *smiles*

You will notice it only mentions talking to Michel to get people started. If you want to keep this as more of the "spoiler" thread, I think it's a good idea!

(Also, the EM bios will be posted tonight for your enjoyment. Each shard will have a character bio posted by their EMs.)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish they would at least tell us if there's any more to it than we've found.. I don't want to go scouring the entire world looking for something that isn't there yet.

S

Smokin

Wish they would at least tell us if there's any more to it than we've found.. I don't want to go scouring the entire world looking for something that isn't there yet.
What did you find on the mutilated corpse.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you mean literally ON the coprse, I found nothing but an empty alpha NPC corpse. If you mean ABOUT it, I also found no information.

Or if that was meant to be a hint about its description being "with deep claw markings" then what? Not like there's anything whatsoever nearby that's related... no creatures or clues at all, nor does it lead to any keywords for any of the available NPCs.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some information on the corpse outside Minoc. I was there when it happened. My guildmate and I were investigating the attack in Michel, when he may have gotten a little carried away interogating a passing lumberjack.

[/IMG]

Please let me know if the lumberjack's family has posted any reward for the informaion leading to the capture of his assailant.

Stayin Alive,

BG

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have some information on the corpse outside Minoc. I was there when it happened. My guildmate and I were investigating the attack in Michel, when he may have gotten a little carried away interogating a passing lumberjack.

[/IMG]

Please let me know if the lumberjack's family has posted any reward for the informaion leading to the capture of his assailant.

Stayin Alive,

BG
SOO not what happened and in danger of derailing some "serious" discussion but funny nonetheless *giggles*

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOO not what happened and in danger of derailing some "serious" discussion but funny nonetheless *giggles*
Here is the information that my guildmate and I have discoverd so far:

1. Michel (near W Brit bank) was attacked by something vicious while mining for gems north of Britain
2. Thrym, from Minoc, saved him from the beast and returned to Minoc. He mentions that the warrior's guild in Minoc is preparing to hunt for this creature.
3. The Master-at-Arms in the New World Order warriors guild in Minoc gave a few more details and eluded to a lead he had regarding crazed followers near the Compassion Shrine.
4. There is a mutilated corpse near the Minoc mines that led us to beleive that Michel was not the first to be attacked, and potentially not the last either. My guildmate is skilled in the dark arts of necromancy and conversing with the non-living. He was unable to reveal any additional information from the corpse other than the obvious claw marks. He told me that there was no spirit of the slain man. This unnerved me but we continued towards the shrine.
5. Dash, one of the alleged "crazed foloowers" greeted us at the Compassion Shrine in the desert. There he began theorizing that the creature was just protecting itself or its lair. He discussed the virtue of compassion and asked if we knew the mantra. He seemed pleased that my guildmate knew it right away. He had no information regarding the whereabouts of the creature.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should add i've even checked every single non-dungeon cave I can remember existing in Tram and found absoloutely nothing.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated Information
Here is the information that my guildmate and I have discoverd so far:

1. Michel (near W Brit bank) was attacked by something vicious while mining for gems north of Britain
2. Thrym, from Minoc, saved him from the beast and returned to Minoc. He mentions that the warrior's guild in Minoc is preparing to hunt for this creature.
3. The Master-at-Arms in the New World Order warriors guild in Minoc gave a few more details and eluded to a lead he had regarding crazed followers near the Compassion Shrine.
4. There is a mutilated corpse near the Minoc mines that led us to beleive that Michel was not the first to be attacked, and potentially not the last either. My guildmate is skilled in the dark arts of necromancy and conversing with the non-living. He was unable to reveal any additional information from the corpse other than the obvious claw marks. He told me that there was no spirit of the slain man. This unnerved me but we continued towards the shrine.
5. Dash, one of the alleged "crazed foloowers" greeted us at the Compassion Shrine in the desert. There he began theorizing that the creature was just protecting itself or its lair. He discussed the virtue of compassion and asked if we knew the mantra. He seemed pleased that my guildmate knew it right away. He had no information regarding the whereabouts of the creature.
6. We returned to the Master-at-Arms in Minoc and asked him about Dash. He already knew about Dash and refered to him as a crazy old man. He told us that their orders came from Lord Casca himself. He said that we could join them if we were of strong minocian blood. However, he would not explain how we could prove our worthiness to join his guild. Dash had nothing to say about the Master-at-Arms. Our guess is that if he had something to say, it would not be pleasant.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Well just logged in a while ago with my miner and hit every cave rune I had and nothing to show for it :-(

I

Infiniti

They seem to have odd names...Nontink(nonetinker?),Dash,and Thrym...wonder if they add up to anything.

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
forensic eval on corpse said-forensicist nathan winfall found that the corpse not desecrated. maybe search for this nathan?

I

IronHorse

My thoughts are these NPCs are just getting us pointed in the general direction for once the event gets under way at its scheduled time come Sunday evening.
Gives us the Hint as to where we will need to be to begin what i was told would involve some "leg work".
Now I can't say if that Leg Work is going to be a chorus line or some fast running to keep from being ripped to shreds, but come sunday night I think we are in for some entertainment.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry.. didn't mean for everyone to start looking for me because I used forensic on the thing last night.. lol.

omggrok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone tried mining to bring up the beast? Logging on now, but my miner's still only around 70 or so.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Anyone tried mining to bring up the beast? Logging on now, but my miner's still only around 70 or so.
tried that 105 mining with gloves several caves nothing thought maybe I would get a bre again but notta

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Potentially a major spoiler, but hey, this is the spoiler thread.

I think this Star Trek episode may be potential source material for the event:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil_in_the_Dark

This is a first season Star Trek episode wherein the Enterprise crew is dispatched to kill a creature that has been killing miners. Turns out, however, that the creature was basically benevolent, and was protecting its eggs.

I also should point out the following things.

• Have any of the NPCs actually referred to be beast killing anyone? Aside from that corpse, is there any evidence that the beast has done anything other than scare people. It appears to have had an opportunity to kill that dude in Brit, but it didn't.
  • Those who are, like Galen, suspicious of Casca will want to take note of the fact that the orders to hunt down the creature come directly from him. In the midst of this invasion, is this beast really the priority?
  • The "Crazed Followers" aren't crazed followers of the Beast, but of the Virtue of Compassion. A little strange, but I can definitely see Virtue having crazed followers who do destructive things, just like religion can.
  • The Crazed Follower at the Shrine of Compassion simultaneously floated the notion that the beast might not be evil, and also that it might be destined to die. Weird contrast!

Assuming I can make it to the event, I expect Galen to be playing it pretty cautious.

I think that's all I got for now.

Where do we go, anyway? Counselor's Guild Hall?

-Galen's player

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody really knows.. either there, the west bank, the minoc warrior's guild, or somewhere with a town crier in the hopes that they'll use it to announce the start of the finale.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have checked everywhere and found nothing more my bet is tonight when the seargent at arms meets with us he will announce a hunt of some sort just a guess